• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Its disappointing that they're not adding cards to more GOOD games just random indie game, at least the summer meta game wasn't as bad the coal crap.

It's up to the developers of the good games to create the cards and bonus items.

Edit: Beaten.

Its disappointing that they're not adding cards to more GOOD games just random indie games, at least the summer meta game wasn't as bad as the the coal crap.

Would be great to see amazing games like Dark Souls on PC get cards. But what can you do, it is up to the devs.

Gvaz

Banned
Finished Tomb Raider!

That was really good

553B95C860C50550C4D7834180FFEC9CF715130B

Not touching the multiplayer because I don't give a flying fuck about multiplayer 99% of the time, but 4/5 stars is what I'd give it. Not GOTY, but pretty damn good.

Dat feel when you want to idle one of your games for cards on a shitty laptop and find out it has a launcher.
Finished Tomb Raider!

That was really good

Not touching the multiplayer because I don't give a flying fuck about multiplayer 99% of the time, but 4/5 stars is what I'd give it. Not GOTY, but pretty damn good.
I'm enjoying it quite a bit as well. There some shitty thing here and there, but it plays really well.

Deques

Is Beat Hazard the first game where badges unlock stuff in-game?

http://www.coldbeamgames.com/3/post/2013/07/gold-dragons-steam-trading-cards.html

Wow, a reward where you actually get any benefits from the badges. That's first game I see

Beat Hazard said:
And this is where things go full circle. When you get a level 5 badge you will unlock the Gold Ship. This is the same Gold Ship that was first released in a summer sale a few years ago.

Get a Foil Badge and you will unlock the all new Dragon Ship! The Dragon ship scores you 10% more points and moves faster, however, it's also bigger and harder to manoeuvre

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Bear in mind that you still have 24 levels to go. Don't give up!

I don't know, I left the game thinking 'I'm not touching this for months'. To think that there are 24 probably even harder levels after that... depressing :p Big fan of challenging and hard games, but Runner really tests my patience.

Arthea

People insist they actually play games and even finish them? Who could have thought?
Really I need to finish some games somehow.

I don't mind cards being in older games too, but that's unrealistic, isn't it?

Freezard

Its disappointing that they're not adding cards to more GOOD games just random indie games, at least the summer meta game wasn't as bad as the the coal crap.

I liked the coal crap better cause you actually had to play the games to get achievements and you could win games (even expensive ones like Skyrim!) which was more exciting than getting foils.

kaleii

It's so strange finding this thread on page two. I've been accustomed to it constantly being in the top three.

Life after the sale is tough.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
it really begs to be seen in motion

the way fog of war works is amazing

very much like a pixely monaco
Mmm, I'll check some vids then. Maybe it's like Hotline Miami, where screenshots don't do the game justice (not even videos in HM's case).

I finally picked up Euro Truck Simulator 2. I'm cool now, right guys? right?! How much of a bitch is this game to play with a kb/m?
Honk if you're cool.

I haven't tried it with K&M, but it plays perfectly with a 360 controller. I even managed to park that motherfucker!

Finally able to get back on GAF after spending all day yesterday in airports and in the air, and I come back to 11 pages of the new thread. Good good.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Just a reminder, Teleglitch is coming out tomorrow.

MOdgz6A.jpg

Early adopters will get the soundtrack and eight weapons/utilities.
Happily, it looks like the preorder-to-win bonuses are a separate key. I'm going to be disappointed if it's not. :(

And based on the official PR text GameFly's price is an error, so interested parties may want to jump on that. I assume they'll be correcting it soon, anyway...

Lol yeah, I haven't gotten a booster pack either. Damn you, gaben.
Booster packs are partially dependent upon the number of badges being crafted by other users...so it could be that the games you own have unpopular badges.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know, I left the game thinking 'I'm not touching this for months'. To think that there are 24 probably even harder levels after that... depressing :p Big fan of challenging and hard games, but Runner really tests my patience.
Not all 24 levels are harder than 1-11. Only 2-11, 3-9 and 3-11 are. Of course, they are so hard that you'll probably lose the will to live, but they are still worth playing.

Runner is a fantastic game, as are Void and Flux. Beat is great too, but Flux learned from it and made it infinitely better.

The_Monk

Finally able to get back on GAF after spending all day yesterday in airports and in the air, and I come back to 11 pages of the new thread. Good good.

Welcome Back fellow GAFfer!

Seems I'm getting addicted to Beat Hazard after not caring for the game for some time since the effects on this game are something I don't feel confortable playing with.

Mmm, I'll check some vids then. Maybe it's like Hotline Miami, where screenshots don't do the game justice (not even videos in HM's case).

Honk if you're cool.

I haven't tried it with K&M, but it plays perfectly with a 360 controller. I even managed to park that motherfucker!

shit controller?? nice, thought that was out of the question. I'll hook up my ps3 and give it a whirl.

cammy84

Finally able to start working through my backlog. So I make the unwise decision to start with FTL and Don't Starve.
Great Games, they punish mistakes really quickly making me have to think about what move to make next. Could take me a while to get through these two

Fewr

I have the following discounts:

33% off Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army
25% off Zeno Clash 2
50% off Strike Suit Infinity
10% off Toki Tori 2+ (2x)

PM me if interested. I would love a card (any card), but I'm willing to give them away for free too.

Finally able to start working through my backlog. So I make the unwise decision to start with FTL and Don't Starve.
Great Games, they punish mistakes really quickly making me have to think about what move to make next. Could take me a while to get through these two

You don't get through FTL, FTL decides it's done with you.

cicero

Can't seem to find any mention of Steam or GOG in the site's description. Will we really get both keys for Steam and GOG? On checkout it only says activation key for Desura.
This bit in quotes "Pay at least $1 to be eligible to receive keys for this game (Steam, Desura, GOG) as they become available!" was taken verbatim from the "Buy Now" checkout page, which they now seem to have altered to say Desura only. I actually took the time to type it out, word for word. I just contacted IndieGameStand's support about the Steam/Desura/GOG issue. Their response was this:

The game is currently on Desura so you can get that key now. The game is approved for Steam (but not live yet) - you will get a steam key when it's released if you pay more than $1. I do not believe that this game is ever coming to GOG because it has DRM. We list the platforms that the game is currently available for on our homepage.

This is from the devlog and forum:
https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/indie-game-stand-sale.15083/#post-227902
http://devlog.kag2d.com/post/45590294845/its-official-kags-coming-to-steam

News has got out on the forums about this slightly prematurely, but for those that haven’t been keeping up: KAG will go on Steam with it’s first stable release!

Incidentally, this is why we’ve been silent in response to everyone asking us to jump on greenlight; we’ve actually had the metaphorical “green light" in excess of 8 months now!
What does this mean for KAG?

Firstly, for existing paid members, nothing much will change except you’ll be part of a larger community. You won’t have to repurchase a licence, be forced to use steam, or anything like that. You’ll still be able to log in with non steam credentials.

For existing free members, your access will be limited to classic KAG only. You will have to pay for the game through one of the many available means to access the full version.

For server hosts, you’ll still be able to host servers with the normal methods, but may have extra options for steam specific things, like filtering players out via VAC.

For people who’d like to buy but can’t due to payment method issues, you’ll have access to all the payment options of a large, well supported platform like Steam!

More money for us, which will mean we’re less stressed about being able to pay rent, food and bills and able to focus more on finalising KAG and working on other games!

The plan is to get the game ready for public beta (which MM is going to explain about soon), iron out the inevitable kinks that turn up, and then release on Steam when it’s ready. The time frame on this is obviously quite variable (no, we can’t give you a release date), but the game is coming together nicely at the moment.

I apologize to anyone who bought it based on my post and now feels like they were misled. I only quoted what I saw listed though. From the official comments on the King Arthur's Gold forum, devlog, and now IndieGameStand email to me, everyone who has bought or does get it via Desura is going to have it on Steam. The mention of "GOG" and the exact description I quoted was altered on IndieGameStand after I posted. It obviously was an temporary error on their end.

NZNova

OK Mercenary Kings is amazing but it seems to be missing the ability to shoot on diagonals, unless I'm missing something.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
If GameFly does correct the price prior to release, I hope pre-existing orders aren't affected.
I doubt anything will happen since
a.) not many people care enough about the game (or even know of its existence) for the mistake to result in a significant loss of revenue
b.) this ain't like Metro LL for $0.01; the game will probably be on sale for $8 or less in a number of months

If I'm wrong though...well, we'll be in the same boat.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
shit controller?? nice, thought that was out of the question. I'll hook up my ps3 and give it a whirl.
Just know that you'll have to take your time to set it up properly. If you want, I can post my own button layout, though I'm sure there are better layouts out there.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You've been able to idle with SAM since the card beta :|

It's worth noting that, for obvious reasons, SAM won't work with games without Steamworks achievements, so you'll need to idle in, say, The Secret World.

O Tavares

Neo Member
Not all 24 levels are harder than 1-11. Only 2-11, 3-9 and 3-11 are. Of course, they are so hard that you'll probably lose the will to live, but they are still worth playing.

Runner is a fantastic game, as are Void and Flux. Beat is great too, but Flux learned from it and made it infinitely better.

It gets even worse when you're trying to complete the bonus levels afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom