• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gvaz

Banned
It's worth noting that, for obvious reasons, SAM won't work with games without Steamworks achievements, so you'll need to idle in, say, The Secret World.

That's good to know. It also means I'll never idle in those games or get badges.

You should feel proud, my friend. But most of all you should put that card out right now! Half the price, maximum.

No! No that's not how that works jesus christ.

You're supposed to list your price, but undercut the other guy for a penny. This way someone sees your card is the cheapest price, and you still get a cut because someone will be willing to pay the price for the card.

But no instead everyone just goes "bluh, put it up for 20 cents great idea. how come i'm barely making any money??"

Just know that you'll have to take your time to set it up properly. If you want, I can post my own button layout, though I'm sure there are better layouts out there.

Yeah I was looking through the OT and will try and get it setup when I get home from work. Tried to start it up this morning, but it crashed after getting through the setup wizard. verified the cache and will try later.

PriitV

It's worth noting that, for obvious reasons, SAM won't work with games without Steamworks achievements, so you'll need to idle in, say, The Secret World.

After a quick look it seems like you can input the appID in the box, and it'll let you idle that way.

Freezard

But no instead everyone just goes "bluh, put it up for 20 cents great idea. how come i'm barely making any money??"

So you mean 6€ for a card is bad? :p I guess if you constantly babysit and undercut the card for an hour or two you might get some more, if you're lucky and the right buyer shows up. But yeah... the average value for a foil is less than 2€.

Payday: The Heist now has cards.

Sweet.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
After a quick look it seems like you can input the appID in the box, and it'll let you idle that way.

Ah, you're right. I'd assumed that was for Steamworks games the program hadn't picked up, haha.

Looks like summer foils are going down in value? The Bioshock foil has went from 2.60€ to 2€.

I'm not worried yet. The prices are still higher than they were a couple of days ago and it's only logical they'll bounce around as the more impatient people list their spares sooner and keep supply in the few-hundreds. It won't bother me if I have to wait six months for meaningful price increases -- just as long as I make a profit of some sort.

Fireblend

Banned
Just a reminder, Teleglitch is coming out tomorrow.

MOdgz6A.jpg

Early adopters will get the soundtrack and eight weapons/utilities.

Pre-order page

A recent Northernlion Let's Play

Ah, I had liked this when I saw it in one of TotalBiscuit's videos. Might grab it soon-ish.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
How long until the whole card market crashes? Once every game has cards I'm pretty sure their prices will crash.

Freezard

I haven't received a booster pack in weeks. :(

I think you can only get a booster every other week. At least for me, I've gotten a booster around Monday-Tuesday for the past two every other weeks, so I guess this week is a booster week as well.

JaseC

I think you can only get a booster every other week. At least for me, I've gotten a booster around Monday-Tuesday for the past two every other weeks, so I guess this week is a booster week as well.

Yeah, you're not guaranteed a booster pack whenever Valve releases them into the wild, but some people have been luckier than others.

Firebrand

Defense Grid got cards? Durn it, and here I didn't pick up the expansion because I didn't see myself playing it in a while. :p

edit: Anyone know of a complete and frequently updating list of games with cards?

XShagrath

I received my second booster pack earlier this week. It was for Faerie Solitaire. My first one was FTL. Still haven't seen a foil card.

Isomac

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Wait a second, for Beat Hazard the rewards are for a level 5 normal badge and for a level 1 foil badge, right? Level 5 foil badge sounds insane.

JaseC

yes those have their advantages, but can you also see the prices, and directly access the market for the game you want?

Having a direct link to the market is nice (and something SCE should have), but listing the prices isn't particularly useful if the page is only being updated once every 10+ hours.

Is Rogue Legacy all about collecting money? I've made it to a few different areas and they were hard as shit and the boss (a big eye thing) completely obliterated me

I've unlocked the Shinobi and got the air dash and double jump. Doing a bit better now but I'm still not getting very far.

This is normal right?

Why is the price of the Cherry Tree High Cards so high?

I just sold one for about 1,30€, then another one for 1,86€. I actually wanted to craft a badge of it.

Uiki

Ah, I had liked this when I saw it in one of TotalBiscuit's videos. Might grab it soon-ish.

I think I will grab this too. Tonight I will finally be able to sell my 130+ cards, so space bucks for teleglitch seems a good deal to me.

Does anyone know if they added some sort of controller support?

jediyoshi

Why is the price of the Cherry Tree High Cards so high?

I just sold one for about 1,30€, then another one for 1,86€. I actually wanted to craft a badge of it.

Game's only gone on sale twice including summer sale. Makes me wish I picked it up, those profile backwards are kawaii~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom