• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeDown

Banned
New title banner for next thread

0nL8Hm4.png
me gusta

drizzle

Axel Hertz
It sucks that my account is stuck in the "200 sales" limbo. I had an american address once on my Steam (because they allowed you to do that to buy things from other regions) and now they'll never release my account to sell more cards.

I could transfer the cards to my alt account and sell them there, but it's too much work and i'm way too lazy to do it.

Oh well....

HoosTrax

Thanks to DexterPepper for Hoard!

Btw, I'm confused about how the gift-based ModBot giveaway works. Who actually gifted it to me? Is it one of Stump's mule accounts on Steam? Or does the original giveaway creator somehow automatically give it to me?

I started with mouse and didn't like it. But I've hit a wall, so I may as well give it another chance.

Giveaway. Mystery game is Hoard. Contain your excitement.

Thanks for the giveaway. I tried for Killing Floor since it was the only thing I missed during the sale but I won a game on the 18th :/

maneil99

It sucks that my account is stuck in the "200 sales" limbo. I had an american address once on my Steam (because they allowed you to do that to buy things from other regions) and now they'll never release my account to sell more cards.

I could transfer the cards to my alt account and sell them there, but it's too much work and i'm way too lazy to do it.

Oh well....

Just fill in your information

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Oh well....

I set up an alt account (running through sandboxie just because it's so damn easy) just for that purpose. Sell on alt account, buy keys (or games I want) and send them back to my main to sell on the market. I'll lose a few cents, but no biggie.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I started with mouse and didn't like it. But I've hit a wall, so I may as well give it another chance.

Giveaway. Mystery game is Hoard. Contain your excitement.

Thanks for Greed Corp! I was interested in that game a while back, but I'd forgotten about it!

drizzle

Axel Hertz

I already did... A MONTH AGO.

I even mailed support, and they said they'll have to wait whoever does the manual checks and that there's no way to knowing when that'll be done.

I set up an alt account (running through sandboxie just because it's so damn easy) just for that purpose. Sell on alt account, buy keys (or games I want) and send them back to my main to sell on the market. I'll lose a few cents, but no biggie.

Yup, that's the alternative. Prices are so low that it doesn't seem worth it, imo.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Can anyone here explain me that 200 ban thing in steam community market? Looks like I'm pretty close to this limit.

derExperte

That doesn't help in his and my situation. Valve says they'll need more proof and will send you an email if you ever used a US address but aren't living there. Which they never do, no one has ever received this mythical email.

yoshizzle

Thanks to DexterPepper for Hoard!

Btw, I'm confused about how the gift-based ModBot giveaway works. Who actually gifted it to me? Is it one of Stump's mule accounts on Steam? Or does the original getaway creator somehow automatically give it to me?

The original giveaway creator gifts it to you him/herself.

Kifimbo

Special Giveaway Challenge!

I currently have 2 games to gift:
  • Lunar Pack
  • Super Hexagon

Short version of the rules: win this challenge (PM Kifimbo), pick a game, get qualified for the grand prize, and decide what the next challenge will be!
Here's a longer version.

Here is the challenge:​
Be the first to answer these three questions correctly (PM me):
- What is the animal in my avatar ?
- What band (music) has that animal in their band name ?
- On which famous American flag this animal sometimes replaces a snake ?

Time until this challenge ends: as soon as someone gives me three good answers !

If you win, Accent will PM you the instructions to make the game go on :)

EDIT: chronomac won.

Also that's a really great greenlight bunch.

I've just read the whole thing. That was a superb read and I would reccomend it to anyone who hasn't.
Now I'm really regretting missing the price drop on it during the summer sale

Everyone should buy gal civ 2.

Everyone.

AlexBasch

There's applications that force borderless windows on games that don't support it. I do it when playing Simcity and I want to broadcast it.
Was searching info for it, but heard it's qualified at "cheat programs" like Punkbuster on Battlefield 3.

Luckily, I rarely play online games on the PC, but I'll be careful using those.

Anyone know if the Special Edition upgrade for Indie Game the Movie is worth it? Loved the original documentary

Heven't heard anything about it yet BUT it does have 100+mins of new documentary footage.
Showing McPixel, Spelunky and some more.
Biggest highlight will be the full Q&A with Phil Fish where he said Japan Games suck, finally get to see what all the fuss was about in full.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Was searching info for it, but heard it's qualified at "cheat programs" like Punkbuster on Battlefield 3.

Luckily, I rarely play online games on the PC, but I'll be careful using those.

Yes, Battlefield servers would kick me out when I used it with Battlefield 3.

It's a game-by-game basis. There's an alternative method that works for Battlefield 3, but I just don't care...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'd suggest you try it. And disabling Vsync or playing in a window may help, from what I've heard, though I didn't do either and I still managed to beat the whole game.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Heven't heard anything about it yet BUT it does have 100+mins of new documentary footage.
Showing McPixel, Spelunky and some more.
Biggest highlight will be the full Q&A with Phil Fish where he said Japan Games suck, finally get to see what all the fuss was about in full.
I'd love to see the Gaijin Games guys featured there.

chronomac

This is the last game: Lunar Pack

To participate, PM me. Since this is the last normal challenge, if you win you will not get to choose which game you want. However, you will get to participate in the finale and you might win the grand prix!

Here is the challenge:​
What movie is featured in my avatar?
Who directed it and what famous school did he attend with other now famous directors?
What's this person's next directoral effort?

Time until this challenge ends: 2 hours from now

If you win, Accent will PM you :)

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: GRAND PRIX REVEALED
Kentucky Route Zero!

EDIT: Firehead wins!

HoosTrax

Oh god, Phil is so excited about his foil card. If I somehow get one, I wonder if he'd be narcissistic enough to buy it off me...

Firehead

To participate, PM me. Since this is the last normal challenge, if you win you will not get to choose which game you want. However, you will get to participate in the finale and you might win the grand prix!

Kentucky Route Zero!

Hell yes! PMed!

Kentucky Route Zero!

Nice, PM'd!

Acccent

Oh god, Phil is so excited about his foil card. If I somehow get one, I wonder if he'd be narcissistic enough to buy it off me...

UuHEKMV.png

ALSO, to clarify re. the giveaway challenge:
winning this challenge nets you Lunar Pack (which is actually 2 games, but still.)
KRZ/KY0/KR0/whatevs is the next prize, the grand prix. Just want to avoid any confusion...

Grief.exe

Just played my first game of NSII, there is an insane amount of depth to this game but I picked it up pretty quickly.

I actually ended up MVP of the whole match lol

Firehead

Kentucky Route Zero!

EDIT: Firehead wins!

Sweet! Thankies! :3

liezryou

http://www.indieroyale.com/

INDIE GAMER CHICK BUNDLE

Dead Pixels - Steam
Chester - Greenlight
Smoother Operations : Call Center Chaos - Greenlight
Little Racers Street - Greenlight
SpyLeaks - Greenlight
+ 3 games for Windows/Desura
+ Mystery Game

#1 How is this a "Gamer Chick" bundle?

#2 Does anyone know if there is an autofire button for mercenary kings? I'm going to get blisters so fast smashing X 30 times per clip with my machine gun >.<.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom