• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

May I ask you what is your problem?
He's a troll. Not "he's just trolling," but he is a troll. Lives under a bridge, argues with billy goats, etc. If you look through his post history, you're more likely to find lightbulb grease, headlight fluid, and the key to the midway than you are to find a constructive comment.

"oh noes its so hard."

- Refuses to setup DSfix.

gg
Actually, he did set up DSFix. He just lied about it two days later when he complained about the game and refused to ever install DSFix.

Fox318

Damn it I really wish I picked up Crusader Kings 2 during the sale.

Should I go deep with a Paradox game? Which one should I go with?

Warp didnt have a completely open world basically though. I mean your progress is hindered through some stuff you cant access yet, but there is no levels at all, just one map with 150 rooms.

So it's more like Knytt Underground in terms of map expansiveness (not powers/upgrades). I like that, I don't see that as much anymore. I can't remember the exact number but there's like 1200 "rooms" in Knytt Underground. It's not really puzzley, but the exploration was super focused on.

I mean, just take a look at the completed map (linked because maybe spoilers I dunno, it's a map). Each 1x1 square is a room/screen. It's huge!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I did pick it up during a previous sale, but haven't touched it yet. Thanks to this post, I will play it... someday... maybe.

Yay, my post had a use. I was initially only planning to check it out for a few minutes, and here I am, 40 minutes later, still playing it. Definitely a small gem of a game.

lol dam you guys hate gfwl so much you are worried someone will use it. No one will use it anymore,it's dead.

Hopefully they strip GFWL from Arkham City. Load times were 3 to 4 minutes and it didn't save my game until I realized GFWL was messed up on win 8. You would think they would support their own platforms correctly.

Yay, my post had a use. I was initially only planning to check it out for a few minutes, and here I am, 40 minutes later, still playing it. Definitely a small gem of a game.

It's wonderful - got it in a Royale bundle ages ago. Really compulsive and charming.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I did pick it up during a previous sale, but haven't touched it yet. Thanks to this post, I will play it... someday... maybe.

So it's more like Knytt Underground in terms of map expansiveness (not powers/upgrades). I like that, I don't see that as much anymore. I can't remember the exact number but there's like 1200 "rooms" in Knytt Underground. It's not really puzzley, but the exploration was super focused on.

I mean, just take a look at the completed map (linked because maybe spoilers I dunno, it's a map). Each 1x1 square is a room/screen. It's huge!

Yeah, just without the exploration filler, and every room filled with smaller or bigger puzzles. That map is cool to look at btw, thanks for linking.

Salsa

took a pic of the SE DLC contents if anyone's wondering

imXdJ79blisE6.jpg

pretty sweet

edit: oh there's 2 hours of new team meat commentary too

Caerith

In the sale I stored every game in my inventory in case I decided at a later date I didn't want them and could give them to someone on here, someone on Steamgifts or whatever... but I've just realised a couple of games I've accidentally bought twice (due to them not disappearing from my Android cart when I bought them)

I notice Steam says no refunds, so I guess I'm out of luck with that?
Contact support. They do situationally allow refunds, and seeing as you haven't even installed these games they'll probably be okay with it.

catabarez

In the sale I stored every game in my inventory in case I decided at a later date I didn't want them and could give them to someone on here, someone on Steamgifts or whatever... but I've just realised a couple of games I've accidentally bought twice (due to them not disappearing from my Android cart when I bought them)

I notice Steam says no refunds, so I guess I'm out of luck with that?

Sell them to people who missed out.

I bought several games on GFWL client, nearly have 2 dozen GFWL titles, yeah I do know a thing or two.

I don't want to get in this discussion but I wanted to post this picture.
OeYiMTh.png

Damn it I really wish I picked up Crusader Kings 2 during the sale.

Should I go deep with a Paradox game? Which one should I go with?

Crusader Kings 2 is the best starting game for the Grand Strategy genre that Paradox produces.

Salsa

I don't want to get in this discussion but I wanted to post this picture.
OeYiMTh.png

I see this comic posted a bunch. It's kinda stupid.

I mean, I get it, but what's the other possible answer? "oh that's too bad"

posting one's own experience as a response to someone else's is pretty valid as far as im concerned. It gives you a better idea if the thing universally sucks or if you're just unlucky

GFWL is obviously shit

cicero

So did they remove GFWL from Batman:AA and Bioshock 2 yet? oh wait they didn't.

The amount times you bumped that crazy thread of yours, you could've finished both games probably gotten all the achievements and enjoyed yourself.

But no instead you put on your Tinfoil hat and wait for GFWL to removed, its not even much a hassle, you just install the game and GFWL will ask for a key, you input it and then you're done. oh noes its so hard.
Crazy thread of HIS? Coming from the person who made the Dark Souls is the worst PC port I ever played thread, praise from Caesar indeed. Perhaps you should stop pretending Dark Souls is bad and wearing that tin foil hat of yours, install the DSFix, like you pretended you didn't do, and actually finish the game and enjoy YOURSELF.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
While his wording could've been more careful, he has a point. Aside from "the app has been updated again" we know nothing, and everything is pure speculation. Of course getting GFWL removed would be cool, but we also could just wait and see what happens. I don't really see the point of hyping this up to these absurd levels.
Of course it's speculation, there haven't been any annoincements regarding its removal.

Still, there is definitely something going on with those 2 games. What will it be is up to everyone to decide, but I see nothing wrong with Grief's updates about it. So the only point need4speed has is "it hasn't been removed yet from AA and BS2"; the rest of his post is, as Morningbus so beautifully described it, a diarrhea-induced sarcasm and a baseless comment about how GFLW "is not even much a hassle", completely disregarding other people's awful experiences with that piece of shit (GFWL, not his post.)

rionaa is grief's wife confirmed
I take it you' never heard of the team "fuck buddies" :p

ModBot was already taken, can't say by whom

DukeBobby

posting one's own experience as a response to someone else's is pretty valid as far as im concerned. It gives you a better idea if the thing universally sucks or if you're just unlucky

That comic would have been useful in the 'Xbox One always online' threads. Some people were saying that everyone was overreacting because their internet connection was perfectly fine.

GFWL is obviously shit

Maybe there is no possible answer? I guess the only good solution to this problem with GFWL, is that the successful tells the unsuccessful how did they manage it; instead of bashing each other. For me downloading and installing the latest GFWL client from Xbox.com worked with some games.

Salsa

That comic would have been useful in the 'Xbox One always online' threads. Some people were saying that everyone was overreacting because their internet connection was perfectly fine.

in that context, sure

Is the commentary for the movie or just the new stuff?

I think its for all the new stuff, the original still has a team meat commentary for the movie

you can watch all the new stuff in a row with no breaks, as if it was a new movie

Have you ever even used GFWL? It's not as simple as entering your key and done.

Usually it goes like this:

1.Launch game.
2.Enter key.
3.Enter key again for GFWL.
4.Restart game because GFWL wants you too.
5.Something went wrong with GFWL restart again.
6.Play game.
7.Play again later, GFWL update, restart game.
8.Save files gone.

GFWL is pure shit.

I've never had to do all that when I was on Windows 7. I've only started having issues running GFWL on Windows 8. REORC, SSFIVAE and Batman Arkham City all have issues that I can't seem to find fixes for.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

GFWL is obviously shit

It's also misused a lot. It'd be a lot more accurate in this thread if the last panel read:

"I had a heart attack, therefore hearts suck!"
"But the vast majority of people have hearts and have never had a problem with them. Maybe it is something wrong with just you?"

The "GFWL Will Tear Us Apart" Bundle:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Topico 3 Special Edition -- MB-2C333736EF156A86 - Taken by maneil99
Patrician 4 -- MB-9F419B05FF61EB40 - Taken by Mugatu

Caerith

GFWL is obviously shit
This might be my fault. I think I was the first person to post this comic here.

It's more about the tone of the response, though. "I've never had an issue with GFWL" is often used as a dismissal of all the issues lots of people have with it. It's not "I haven't had any problems personally, but I acknowledge that it's been problematic for others" so much as it is "LA LA LA GFWL IS PERFECT LA LA LA."

The last panel just highlights the absurdity of this type of response, saying "my heart's fine" to dismiss and ignore the heart attack of another. It isn't perfect, but it is at least a sufficient response to GFWL deniers.

well I'm still watching the movie and so far I'm loving it. I'm finding it very interesting and I'm also feeling it very emotional, which I love.

cicero

I don't understand why having a different opinion means I'm a troll here, some people.

Now we get an innocent act, as if somehow you didn't voice your opinion in an abrasively sarcastic and mocking tone? Please. Your behavior was trollish, your comments were laughably hypocritical and ironic, that is going to engender a backlash.

Acccent

To people participating in the challenge: please don't spam the thread, just send a pm to people you have interacted with previously or take this as an opportunity to get new friends on steam for example. There's no rush, I'm going to bed soon anyway.

It's also misused a lot. It'd be a lot more accurate in this thread if the last panel read:

"I had a heart attack, therefore hearts suck!"
"But the vast majority of people have hearts and have never had a problem with them. Maybe it is something wrong with just you?"

I can see why the original artist didn't put it that way:
mCC1VlA.png

Text doesn't fit well.

zkylon

zkylewd

10 years old gif right there lol

but really my dad bought me a month of netflix so I could watch it and it just made me feel embarassed. phil fish is a terrible spokesperson for game devs, and the movie just feels deceptively dramatic ("if super meat boy doesn't get featured on xbox live imma cut myself!").

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
btw: Retro/Grade cards still go for crazy prices. I already sold mine yesterday for like a dollar each.

I feel that I should check card prices to decide the order in which I use up my available drops, but there are so many bloody games now that doing so would take a good hour or two.

maneil99

I feel that I should check card prices to decide the order in which I should use up my available drops, but there are so many bloody games now that doing so would take a good hour or two.

Metro, Borderlands 2 , retro grade and Re6 go for the most

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom