• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's nice and all, but I made $10 yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyabiLNfjQw

Let's see you say that when all of a sudden you'd rather make badges than sell cards, I get the drops and I'm like shit, now I gotta lay this foundation level 1 badge.... then you fall into the trap and start spending dat cash. Yea no, not even going to leave Steam running on a throwaway Windows install just for the cards, nope.

I've had my card makeover.

derExperte

Let's see you say that when all of a sudden you'd rather make badges than sell cards, I get the drops and I'm like shit, now I gotta lay this foundation level 1 badge.... then you fall into the trap and start spending dat cash. Yea no, not even going to leave Steam running on a throwaway Windows install just for the cards, nope.

Cards. Not even once.

I don't understand people that don't want to idle for cards for games they already own. It's credit/money. What, are you guys upset that it's only ten centers or possibly only one buck?

It's still money.

HoosTrax

I'm grinding achievements. For a movie. To get all of these achievements, I need to buy DLC for this movie. To help pay for said DLC to get achievements for this movie, I'll have to idle this movie which I have already watched previously, in order to get trading cards.

WTF is even going on anymore.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm grinding achievements. For a movie. To get all of these achievements, I need to buy DLC for this movie. To help pay for said DLC to get achievements for this movie, I'll have to idle this movie which I have already watched previously, in order to get trading cards.

Bizarreo-world. Best not to question it.

Salsa

I've had my card makeover.

what?

why would I want useless badges?

money son

0 worries. I mean if you find yourself trapped over cosmetics or a meaningless number then sure, it might be a waste, but I couldnt care less about cards/badges/levels/whatever. All I know is I went about my day while leaving a game playing in the background and at the end of the day I made $10 appear out of thin air.

This is one of the most amazing ploys I've come across in recent memory.

Caerith

I don't understand people that don't want to idle for cards for games they already own. It's credit/money. What, are you guys upset that it's only ten centers or possibly only one buck?

It's still money.

You get 3 cards an hour idling. You can sell them for maybe $0.20 each. That's $0.60/hour.

I can understand how some people might have better things to do with their time.

Salsa

You get 3 cards an hour idling. You can sell them for maybe $0.20 each. That's $0.60/hour.

I can understand how some people might have better things to do with their time.

eh, it's double clicking something. You can even launch the game you actually wanna play while idling for cards in another

I can see how someone might even find that to be a hassle, but in my case for example I have only a debit card as means to get steam money, and it's such a pain to go to the bank to deposit fuckin.. 5 bucks, that I rather just idle a couple games if I can

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

and in the mean time it's probably taxing your processor and definitely costing electricity :p

louiedog

The whole point of idling is you aren't actively doing anything. You can idle a handful of games all day while you're nowhere near the computer, come home, and make a couple of bucks on a couple of minutes of time spent listing them.

Yeah, I've stopped idling now that prices are so low. Not worth my time or the CPU/GPU load.

Acorn

Yep, I've confirmed I'm dumb as shit. Played the first two tutorials of Kerbal, I still have no fucking clue what I'm doing.

Freezard

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Hmm do you have any more keys? I have regular CoH2 but not the DLC :[

That's the great thing, though. You don't need to be in the game to idle. You can minimize.

what?

why would I want useless badges?

money son

0 worries. I mean if you find yourself trapped over cosmetics or a meaningless number then sure, it might be a waste, but I couldnt care less about cards/badges/levels/whatever. All I know is I went about my day while leaving a game playing in the background and at the end of the day I made $10 appear out of thin air.

I said that too bro... at first. Be warned, be very warned.

I'm just saying that instead of selling them it does happen to be more fun and rewarding to actually craft them to me, also yes, electricity. The amount of money to be made for your limited pool of drops has a much lower ceiling than the alternative, which happens to cost you.... therefore aliens.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Steam is down? I won't get more cards right now even if I keep playing Retro/Grade? Fuck this shit, I'm outta here!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

IndieGameTheMovieception.

*covers face from the tomatoes*

Mr. Hyde

I was just jumping into a game when steam died. How sad. I went to work, cleaned cat boxes, worked out, and took a nice hot shower only to find steam's engine coming to an abrupt stop. Where do we go from here?

Caerith

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the people who do idle for cards. I mean, whatever, it's your time and your electricity bill. It's just the thought of downloading a game, idling for cards, and then selling those cards for Steam Bucks makes me wish I had a gif of Al and Buck Bundy (from Married With Children) in one of their "but what if Monopoly money was real money" moments.

Yep, I've confirmed I'm dumb as shit. Played the first two tutorials of Kerbal, I still have no fucking clue what I'm doing.
I've learned from the Quick Look of Kerbal that it's not a game about succeeding so much as it is a game about failing gloriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom