• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Found this on Steam database:-

wcG1h9e.png

Cth

Only Revenge of the Titans is TD. (...not coincidentally, it's the only game out of this bundle I don't already own)

The others are arcade-inspired shooters with "purchase permanent upgrades for your ship/robot" elements added. One Robotron-esque, one Space Invaders-esque, and one that isn't immediately comparable to anything I can think of. Top-down shooter; you are a robot who can hijack other robots with different stats than you have, and your job is to kill all the other robots with your newfound firepower.

Now why did I have to go and read this post :D

I thought I read one was a sequel.. I'm guessing its set in the same "universe" but with a different game style?

I "take issue" purely because he does it to increase his post count. He made this abundantly clear when in a previous thread he posted updates on catching up to the top poster and later admitted he was trying to race to the finish. The palpable sense of hubris is obnoxious. He's the OP but it's not his thread.

His going to bed is completely irrelevant.
His waking up is completely irrelevant.
His "[gf being] 1000 degrees" is completely irrelevant.
His climbing a mountain is completely irrelevant.

It's a "Steam announcements and updates" thread, not Facebook or Twitter.

p4K8M0t.gif

I thought I read one was a sequel.. I'm guessing its set in the same "universe" but with a different game style?

You lied to me! :p

Well that confirms my purchase then! I love these types of these retro arcade shooters.

Just to not crush the hopes that Conquistadore and Incredipede deals are still coming, was the Puppygames bundle also a lost community vote? I seem to remember that it was.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
is Dead Island Riptide a new game or just an expansion?

The former. On a related note, Saints Row IV began life as a DLC expansion, but when THQ went belly-up, Deep Silver swooped in and stretched it into a full-price sequel. Feels dirty.

Grief.exe

I "take issue" purely because he does it to increase his post count. He made this abundantly clear when in a previous thread he posted updates on catching up to the top poster and later admitted he was trying to race to the finish. The palpable sense of hubris is obnoxious. He's the OP but it's not his thread.

His going to bed is completely irrelevant.
His waking up is completely irrelevant.
His "[gf being] 1000 degrees" is completely irrelevant.
His climbing a mountain is completely irrelevant.

It's a "Steam announcements and updates" thread, not Facebook or Twitter.

To be honest, most of the issues you just mentioned only occurred in the Sale thread, which had more of a conversational atmosphere than the standard Steam thread.

In fact, I've only made one post about going to sleep in this thread. In the last thread, I did a few times, but I've obviously changed that. Mostly I used to do it because if I was in the middle of a discussion, to let people know that I was bowing out. I picked up that it annoyed you extensively though, so I stopped.

I'm trying to figure out what you are referring to where I'm trying to become top poster. I've never said that, and I don't really care so I don't see the motivation for a statement like that.
Maybe at the end of thread III, where there was about 100 posts to catch up to you, but you were a hundred a head of me so that was clearly a joke.

Just to not crush the hopes that Conquistadore and Incredipede deals are still coming, was the Puppygames bundle also a lost community vote? I seem to remember that it was.

I don't recall seeing it there. Last two days really killed the hope of the 'community vote losers getting deals' theory.

kuYuri

I picked up DS2 during the summer sale. Beat DS1 recently and my God, that game was so good. It was such a surprise to me.

Looking forward very much to playing DS2 eventually. Even if it is considered worse in some aspects.

Oniwhata? Pretend that doesn't exist.

There is not much in Dawn of Dreams that had anything to do with why I loved 3.

Aww, I liked DoD except for the shitty bosses with too much health. It's the biggest reason why it's the only Oni game I haven't beaten still.

What's cute is that someone gave me a coupon for Ultratron yesterday and one for Droid Assault this morning. Either way, I have the full collection now.

JaseC

To be honest, most of the issues you just mentioned only occurred in the Sale thread, which had more of a conversational atmosphere than the standard Steam thread.

Oh, no. They lined the two previous general threads, too.

In fact, I've only made one post about going to sleep in this thread. In the last thread, I did a few times, but I've obviously changed that.

Thank you.

I'm trying to figure out what you are referring to where I'm trying to become top poster. I've never said that, and I don't really care so I don't see the motivation for a statement like that.
Maybe at the end of thread III, where there was about 100 posts to catch up to you, but you were a hundred a head of me so that was clearly a joke.

You'll have to excuse my cynicism.

I apologise for the general dickheadedness of my post, but that wasn't the first time I'd brought your posting habits to your attention. (Granted, it was in sale thread, so fair enough if you simply missed it.)

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.

Possibly! I remember jack shit about the plot of these games; I just know how they play. :D

kuYuri

Wow, once again Capcom can't even be bothered to offer Lost Planet Colonies as a reward, but rather the original, inferior LP?

JaseC

Wow, once again Capcom can't even be bothered to offer Lost Planet Colonies as a reward, but rather the original, inferior LP?

I think Grief and I can agree on Capcom doing so because the former is GFWL whilst the latter is not. :p

http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Positech Games

Democracy 2 (bta)
Kudos 2
Gratuitous Tank Battles
Gratuitous Space Battles

pass

Space Battles has cards, so if you're a cheap bastard you can make some of your money back. ;)

JaseC, no one really gives a shit.

I agree.

Grief.exe

Oh, no. They lined the two previous general threads, too.

Thank you.

You'll have to excuse my cynicism.

I apologise for the general dickheadedness of my post, but that wasn't the first time I'd brought your posting habits to your attention. (Granted, it was in sale thread, so fair enough if you simply missed it.)

Either way, I don't see how someone mentioning they are going to bed, or their house is hot is cause for saying something that attacking and negative.

Maybe a PM or something if you ever feel that mad about something again.

When I mention, I would mostly use it to close a conversation I was in if I was headed off to bed, this is what I mean.

I don't see how this is that big of a deal.
Admittedly, its not always as good as this. And I found a page where Salsa, myself, and a couple others were joking about it for a little bit, but mostly this is what I found.

I would not recommend doing a full magic build your first time through, I would also not recommend not using any of the preset classes.

Your ability to cast magic is based on an equation of your magic skill and stamina. And you can fail casting, and you will constantly early on.
And the magic does pretty pitiful damage until later on in the game.

Make your own class, simple as that.

I'm going to bed, later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom