• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

maty

This morning my wallet was at $0.73 and now I'm have $5.20. Sold only 3 cards just in time before prices went down. Nice!!!

The_Monk

Just arrived home, fellow GAFfers, saw the daily deal, saw that I did not have it yet, saw those screenshots and now I'm even more confused about what this game is all about!

Just arrived home, fellow GAFfers, saw the daily deal, saw that I did not have it yet, saw those screenshots and now I'm even more confused about what this game is all about!

It's basically a sandbox map editor.

You populate a map with NPCs, objects, etc. and can adjust the AI to do certain things.

you can attach balloons to a box and make it float, or spawn 100 zombies, or whatever.

Besides what DeadlyVirus said, it also serves a medium for playing certain multiplayer mods, such as Trouble in Terrorist Town and Deathrun.

Before SFM came out, it was also the only method of making original videos with Source assets.

KiDdYoNe

Well, steam now officially likes me. So i decided to get a top lvl badge for Psychonauts, because, well because it's THE game. It's lvl 2 now, but i'll trade/sell/buy/whatever and will raise it to level 5. Not the point. Opened up steam to install Sonic Racing game, then in couple of minutes opened it up again to see the progress. And then i saw my first booster. For Psychonauts, byach!

Gonna sell it anyway, but it's nice to get first booster for the game you love.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Damn. Just read this theory. Mystery card may be a card for a new game, that is yet to be announced. Valve giving us discounts on their games for a second day. That mystery game might be from Valve...

...i have 3 mystery cards in my pocket. Do you smell what The Rock is cooking?

I have a GTX 670 and I just started Alan Wake, which told me my computer is under minimum specifications. Is that normal?

It obviously runs well, I just thought that was weird.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Assuming each card is equally rare, the value of a booster pack should be:

3 * ((0.99 * [average value of cards]) + (0.01 * [average value of foil cards]))

I got a Blocks that Matter booster and the EV seemed positive on opening the booster pack versus selling whole.

catabarez

Whenever I try to access the steam store on my browser it keeps taking me to the french site even when I click on the US links. Any way to fix this?

Kifimbo

3 * ((0.99 * [average value of cards]) + (0.01 * [average value of foil cards]))

I got a Blocks that Matter booster and the EV seemed positive on opening the booster pack versus selling whole.

You're assuming the probability of getting a foil is the same with a booster pack. Not saying it's not a good assumption, but we simply don't know.

Awww, just got my first Trading Card: Card: VII The Chariot, The Binding of Isaac.

I wish I could sell my Dota 2 invites for more then nothing, have like 15 of those things.

Alec

Just had a Rain-Slick 4 booster drop...checked market price, $6 notbad.gif.

Came back about 10 minutes later, price down to $4. Booster drops must've gone up.

Oneironaut

Neo Member
Just had a Rain-Slick 4 booster drop...checked market price, $6 notbad.gif.

Came back about 10 minutes later, price down to $4. Booster drops must've gone up.

Just judging by this thread it looks like they've been giving away a lot of boosters today. I got a 123...Kick it pack.

Neiteio

So... still no sign of the Summer Sale. Whenever it happens, what do you think will be the lowest price we'll see for the following:

- Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
- Dishonored

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Besides what DeadlyVirus said, it also serves a medium for playing certain multiplayer mods, such as Trouble in Terrorist Town and Deathrun.

Before SFM came out, it was also the only method of making original videos with Source assets.
A GAFfer told me about that mod, and it sounded very interesting. I still won't buy Garry's Mod because I know I'll get bored with it fast due to my lack of imagination and creativity, but it's a great concept.

Freezard

I haven't gotten any booster pack other than the one on launch day. I guess it might show up later today because it seems you're limited to one booster pack every two weeks.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

I have no idea what an EV is. Can I get money from it?

Back to your old avatar? I liked the Snowy one, is there any chance it'll come back one day?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So... still no sign of the Summer Sale. Whenever it happens, what do you think will be the lowest price we'll see for the following:

- Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
- Dishonored
$10 for Dark Souls. Maybe it'll be part of one of those rare Amazon sales for $7.50, though I doubt it.

Source: my ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom