• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart

Definitely. One of the great things about the game is how sleek it is, and being clunky would ruin that.

It's settled then. I will wait to play and pass judgement until September with my new build. Until then I've got Fallout New Vegas, should easily last me a month.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I actually mean the store transactions as well. As I said above, it should in the neighbourhood of $300, but 706 roubles (which is what's shown on the screenshot from the previous post) is ~$21. Perhaps it's a currency conversion issue, because it did show the right amount in dollars during the summer sale. I've also asked a friend about it just now and he's having this issue too.

Weird. There isn't any currency conversion going on here. However, one thing that's changed since the Summer sale is that previously it was displaying too high if your store language wasn't English. Valve finally fixed it for me so I would think it would be more accurate now, not less. Can you add your total up manually and let me know what it should be?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've played about 5 hours of CS:GO this weekend and finally got a drop. One match later I got an eSports case.

Sold my eSports case for $2.50 which is... not bad.

maneil99

I've played about 5 hours of CS:GO this weekend and finally got a drop. One match later I got an eSports case.

Sold my eSports case for $2.50 which is... not bad.

What confuses me is crates were selling for like 5-10$ before in large numbers, like 100 sales per hour. I sold my 2 for 6$ and 5.43. Who was buying it though? you could get them for 2.49 in game.. :S

neoism

I would still say it's excellent and something you should play. It's just not one of those games you bother finishing.

nah I was really surprised by the game played it and beat it and immediately started up again and beat it on hard looooved that game dlc too.. <3

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Having a weird problem in MP3, whenever I take consecutive screenshots the Steam pop-up overlay gets stuck in the lower right of the screenshot (it goes away normally in-game but it's treated like it's part of the video while it's there). Never had this happening before with other games, I'm wondering if it's a known problem with MP3 in particular or maybe a glitch from a recent client update. I usually take a lot of screenshots so this is annoying.

edit: I just remembered I can turn off the screenshot pop-up. Doh. Still weird though.

zne8axv.jpg

And in BPM too:

Fewr

Currently playing Psychonauts.

This game is good. I like that they let me explore from the beginning, the dialogues, and the overall universe. I'm having fun with this.

garath

Finally got a foil. Civ v. Only worth .45 or so though :( sad.

Finishing up all my card drops in any games I have left and making a couple bucks in the process.

Tenrius

Weird. There isn't any currency conversion going on here. However, one thing that's changed since the Summer sale is that previously it was displaying too high if your store language wasn't English. Valve finally fixed it for me so I would think it would be more accurate now, not less. Can you add your total up manually and let me know what it should be?

Okay, I'm done adding it all up. Took a while, but it turns out I was totally wrong with my initial estimate. My total should be around a whooping $1129.784 if you add everything up. Quite a lot money, really, even if you consider that I own 440 games now and $140 of that money came from market sales.

Moving to the point, does Enhanced Steam take the September 2011 currency switch into consideration? It's just that the Russian store used US dollars until then and all the transactions from earlier dates are in USD. Here is a full breakdown of my spendings: 24233.75 roubles (=$736.488, from the "Recent Steam Store Transactions for Your Account" section after the currency switch) + $245.37 (same, before the currency switch) + 3895 roubles (= $118.326, from the "Recent Steam Store Gift Transactions" section after the currency switch) + $29.6 (same, before the currency switch). So the total store spendings were in fact wrong even during the Summer Sale (note that I always had always been using Steam in English). And there you have it, I hope it can be helpful in some way and is not too confusing.

Whools

Currently playing Psychonauts.

This game is good. I like that they let me explore from the beginning, the dialogues, and the overall universe. I'm having fun with this.

I love that game, need to go back and play the steam version. can get a bit janky at times, though given it's almost a decade old it definitely holds up.

jshackles

Moving to the point, does Enhanced Steam take the September 2011 currency switch into consideration? It's just that the Russian store used US dollars until then and all the transactions from earlier dates are in USD.

Bingo, there's the issue. I'll have to review the code but I suspect that is the culprit in throwing off the calculations.

Hmm do you get items randomly like in TF2?

Pretty much although in my (limited) experience it's quite a bit slower to present drops. Seems like 1 drop per 14-17 full matches.

Tenrius

Bingo, there's the issue. I'll have to review the code but I suspect that is the culprit in throwing off the calculations.

At first I thought that maybe it counted only dollar purchases, but it's still way less than that (706.83 roubles = $21.481 vs. $274.97). Alright then, hope it's not too difficult to fix.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing Max Payne 3, Psychonauts and The Walking Dead on the same page makes me glad. People here have some damn good taste.

DukeBobby

Guys should I get Saints Row 4 or Splinter Cell Blacklist?

I'm a fan of both games and can get only one for now.

Both seem to offer a lot of content, so you probably can't go wrong with either of them, especially if you liked both Saints Row 3 and Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Flip a coin.

Your games of the week. It's fall season in August !

08/19/2013 - Sir, You Are Being Hunted - Open world survival - Big Robot/Big Robot - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg
Em05pds.png

08/19/2013 - Hate Plus - Visual Novel - Christine Love/Christine Love - $9.99
08/19/2013 - Race the Sun - Endless Runner - Flippfly/Flippfly - $10.00
08/20/2013 - Divekick - Fighting - Iron Galaxy Studios/Iron Galaxy Studios - $9.99
08/20/2013 - The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - Squad-based TPS - 2K Games/2K Marin - $44.99
08/20/2013 - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Action/Stealth - Ubisoft/Ubisoft Toronto - $59.99
08/20/2013 - Saints Row IV - Open World Action - Deep Silver/Volition - $49.99 -
08/22/2013 - Neverwinter: Fury of the Feywild - F2P MMORPG - Perfect World/Cryptic Studios - $19.99
08/22/2013 - Skullgirls - Fighting - Marvelous/Lab Zero Games - $14.99 (2-Pack for $24.99, 4-Pack for $44.99)

Subject to change, because Valve loves adding stuff at the last minute.

I want to be excited about Sir, You Are Being Hunted but I only have a vague understanding of the gameplay. I get that there are proceedurally-generated biomes, that you are being hunted by British robots, that you scavenge for weapons and supplies but what's the end-goal, what's the end-game. You just keep running, avoiding the robots and exploring, that's it?

jshackles

At first I thought that maybe it counted only dollar purchases, but it's still way less than that (706.83 roubles = $21.481 vs. $274.97). Alright then, hope it's not too difficult to fix.

It's going to be hard to fix without being able to test/bugfix the code against someone's account history that's been through a currency conversion, but I'll do what I can.

Sorry if it's a dumb question but why do I get this resolution issue with a lot of games on my laptop? Especially launchers like SPAZ. Sometimes it's a pain to fix.
6Sot4Gy.png

Turfster

Sorry if it's a dumb question but why do I get this resolution issue with a lot of games on my laptop? Especially launchers like SPAZ. Sometimes it's a pain to fix.

What kind of graphics does your laptop have?
Integrated or dedicated? I'm guessing some kind of integrated.

Tenrius

Oh well, it seems my laptop is breaking down now. I was playing some Assassin's Creed II earlier and the screen suddenly got covered with colorful static before going completely black. I thought it was a random game-specific bug, but it happened again while I was simply writing that post with all the numbers in it, not running any game whatsoever (thankfully, Firefox backed everything up). Looks like some graphics card issue, or it might be the hard drive, or perhaps it's just overheating (which is unlikely, since I had my cooling system replaced just this April on the account of the old one making horrible screeching noises). What a technical issue-riddled night it turned out to be.

Derrick01

Banned
Guys should I get Saints Row 4 or Splinter Cell Blacklist?

I'm a fan of both games and can get only one for now.

I had a similar choice to make and like I said in the SR thread I chose SR4 because it's the game that looks like it has even a small chance of being enjoyable. Splinter Cell is garbage now and they'll make you use Uplay to experience said garbage.

oipic

Yeah Opera "Next" uses the same plugins with only a few minor things that may or may not work correctly. I've sent a version of 4.2 to Opera for review they should release it in a few days.

I'm curious, did you try creating a new Chrome browsing profile? That seems to fix about 99% of people's problems with Chrome (usually).

Sound advice indeed, thanks, but yeah, I tried blowing away all traces of my profile... along with an uninstall/reinstall (twice, three times), upgraded to the beta and dev channels, broke the 'sync' completely with my Google account etc.

All indications are that it's a rare Flash problem of some sort, potentially introduced with a recent Win7 update (quite a few reports of similar problems out in the wild). I'll tackle it again one day... or will wait for version 30 or whatever.

I refuse to consider someone who uses Opera 15 part of #teamopera, sorry.

You break my heart, Rio - I quite seriously thought of you when the reality of me having to head back to Opera hit home... but the attraction of 15's 'Chrome-ness' was too much to overlook. I can certainly understand why Opera diehards (which I was, pre-Chrome) don't like this Opera 'Next' direction, though - I will admit I had to install a 'traditional' bookmark extension before I could settle in completely, too.

#teamshunnedbyrionaa - lonely, desolate team.

Anyway, so this is vaguely on-topic: v4.2 of Enhanced Steam, Chrome edition, working like a boss with Opera 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom