• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart

Is there any way to aim with this tranq rifle in Deux Ex HR? Only way I've found is to be behind cover, place cursor then come out.

Also, the more I play of this game the less I'm liking it. Doesn't seem to be any variety to anything at all :/

Blizzard

Banned
Is there any way to aim with this tranq rifle in Deux Ex HR? Only way I've found is to be behind cover, place cursor then come out.

Also, the more I play of this game the less I'm liking it. Doesn't seem to be any variety to anything at all :/
That's peculiar since I thought it allowed for both stealth and side routes, as well as shooting approaches.

I don't remember having a problem aiming the tranq rifle (right click?) but it's been so long ago I don't remember the details.

Unfortunately It is very AAA. You see the best of it in the first 3-4 hours (which is, mind you, very good) and then it is a slow dull grind of rinse and repeat until the end.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You can beat the game on your first life if you are good enough.
This is every roguelike, but being good enough would mean having knowledge of the game. I highly doubt a person could ever have good enough natural reflexes to handle all enemy types and traps from a state of ignorance.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
it's weird how Steam hasnt tried to get into this market.

I wonder if they ever put any thought into that. Guess going against the Google store wouldnt sit right with them.

As far as I've been told, they haven't put any thought whatsoever into this. It really would be nice...

I just imagine that if Steam went ahead and sold games on their own android store or whatever Google would try to shut that shit down pretty fast

Google wouldn't have a problem with it. It'd be no different than the Amazon AppStore which sells apps and games for Android, requires their client, and competes directly with Google.

Personally I think Steam could really benefit from expanding into that market, but they don't seem to have the people nor time nor will to make it happen.

Dice

Unfortunately It is very AAA. You see the best of it in the first 3-4 hours (which is, mind you, very good) and then it is a slow dull grind of rinse and repeat until the end.
I haven't played since I reached that Shanghai-like place. It just stopped appealing to me and I never had the inclination to return. I tried to go back once but just ended up running around the area for 2 hours talking to people or looking for things I could climb into and nothing happening. Hitting something like that in the last 1/4 of the game made it seem like the project got rushed.

Derrick01

Banned

Sadly because of the pretty poor level design there isn't much variety or clever exploration. It's all find the vent in each room and proceed to the next while taking out every guard with your constantly recharging energy.

DukeBobby

Damn, didn't know so many people were down on Human Revolution. Best reboot of a franchise this generation, in my opinion.

The end level is fucking abysmal, though.

Dice

I would still say it's excellent and something you should play. It's just not one of those games you bother finishing.

Damn, didn't know so many people were down on Human Revolution. Best reboot of a franchise this generation, in my opinion.

It's about as good as it could have possibly been coming from an entirely different developer and with modern day design sensibilities. It doesn't really compare to the highs of the original, but it's still really good all things considered.

That said if it came out around the time of IW's release I have no doubts that it would've been derided in a similar way that IW was.

Anustart

I would still say it's excellent and something you should play. It's just not one of those games you bother finishing.

I think I need to wait to play it until I build my new pc. Stutters on my laptop and I think that's adding to my dislike.

Not so much down on it, because it was about as good as can be expected.

The approach to making games at the time just didn't support anything better.

It's about as good as it could have possibly been coming from an entirely different developer and with modern day design sensibilities. It doesn't really compare to the highs of the original, but it's still really good all things considered.

That said if it came out around the time of IW's release I have no doubts that it would've been derided in a similar way that IW was.

Damn it. Way to make me feel redundant guys :(

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Sad to hear this. I loved the first one, and hoped HR would be similar to it.

Derrick01

Banned

It is the best and that just shows how awful it's been for older franchises this generation. Next gen seems like it's going to be keeping the pattern with Thief.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The market can be tricky, but it is possible to make money.

ah7nPFD.png

why is mine using £ instead of $?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
why is mine using £ instead of $?

That's a good question... It should be using the currency that your wallet balance is stored in...

Dice

I think I need to wait to play it until I build my new pc. Stutters on my laptop and I think that's adding to my dislike.
Definitely. One of the great things about the game is how sleek it is, and being clunky would ruin that. I got Witcher 2 day 1 but realized from the first areas that I wouldn't enjoy it properly until I upgrade my PC, so it's just sitting there in my list uninstalled. Hopefully what I upgrade to will be able to handle Cyberpunk 2077.

Next gen seems like it's going to be keeping the pattern with Thief.
Q1qdcx5.jpg

DukeBobby

I agree somewhat. Aside from
the Omega Ranch
, everything after
Montreal
is pretty poor.

The Missing Link DLC is worth playing though, and is arguably better than the main game itself.

Uiki

They were working pretty hard late Saturday night on a Gamescom build. I saw several updates to the registry yesterday, so they are working their ass off.

As for a release, another milestone review comes up at the end of the month. We will know then.

Can't wait to see some footage.

oipic

So Opera 15 can seamlessly use Chrome extensions, then? I guess that makes sense, given the two browsers now share an engine, but I was happy to see Enhanced Steam update to 4.2 without missing a beat (nice work again, jshack).

Long story short, I lost most of my gaming weekend to troubleshooting and diagnosing hard lock-ups with my PC - which, it seems, were thanks to Chrome (somehow). I tried EVERYTHING, but there are only so many random lock-ups and forced resets a man can take... So #teamopera

jshackles

So Opera 15 can seamlessly use Chrome extensions, then? I guess that makes sense, given the two browsers now share an engine, but I was happy to see Enhanced Steam update to 4.2 without missing a beat (nice work again, jshack).

Long story short, I lost most of my gaming weekend to troubleshooting and diagnosing hard lock-ups with my PC - which, it seems, were thanks to Chrome (somehow). I tried EVERYTHING, but there are only so many random lock-ups and forced resets a man can take... So #teamopera

Yeah Opera "Next" uses the same plugins with only a few minor things that may or may not work correctly. I've sent a version of 4.2 to Opera for review they should release it in a few days.

I'm curious, did you try creating a new Chrome browsing profile? That seems to fix about 99% of people's problems with Chrome (usually).

Tenrius

I'm jelly, but I comfort myself with the knowledge that you must have made a greater investment to get games that drop cards in the first place. =p

Yeah, of course. Being in Russia and taking advantage of sales, I'm able to get games at pretty much the lowest price most of the time though, so my spendings are not as impressive as some people's who posted it earlier. Enhanced Steam showed something around $270 during the summer sale, which is about right, I think.

By the way, the spendings displayed by Enhanced Steam right now are totally wrong, it's not even close. Just thought I'd bring it to jshack's attention.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

I refuse to consider someone who uses Opera 15 part of #teamopera, sorry.

jshackles

By the way, the spendings displayed by Enhanced Steam right now are totally wrong, it's not even close. Just thought I'd bring it to jshack's attention.

I'm guessing by "totally wrong" you mean the market transactions total? Currently Valve only pulls the last 200 market transactions onto this page (which is what the function totals).

I've sent in a request to my insider at Valve to find out why it truncates the transaction log on that page, and he said they're looking into it but he suspects it's so people with really large market transaction histories don't hit that page and put a strain on their servers.

If he fails to get back to me about fixing it I plan on using the same calculation that the market purchase totaling function uses in a future version so that it's more accurate.

Tenrius

I'm guessing by "totally wrong" you mean the market transactions total? Currently Valve only pulls the last 200 market transactions onto this page (which is what the function totals).

I've sent in a request to my insider at Valve to find out why it truncates the transaction log on that page, and he said they're looking into it but he suspects it's so people with really large market transaction histories don't hit that page and put a strain on their servers.

If he fails to get back to me about fixing it I plan on using the same calculation that the market purchase totaling function uses in a future version so that it's more accurate.

I actually mean the store transactions as well. As I said above, it should in the neighbourhood of $300, but 706 roubles (which is what's shown on the screenshot from the previous post) is ~$21. Perhaps it's a currency conversion issue, because it did show the right amount in dollars during the summer sale. I've also asked a friend about it just now and he's having this issue too.

Sajjaja

I said I'd stop pimping for trades but I am sorta fucked here guys. I'd never ask but I'm in a shitty situation, I had a gaffer ask for batman arkham origins so I ordered it but the gaffer went offline and backed out, I cannot fulfill any other orders until someone buys it, if anyone is interested in it for 30$ please let me know. just this once

I'm sure you can wait. Take it into the BST thread.

Kifimbo

Your games of the week. It's fall season in August !

08/19/2013 - Sir, You Are Being Hunted - Open world survival - Big Robot/Big Robot - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg
Em05pds.png

08/19/2013 - Hate Plus - Visual Novel - Christine Love/Christine Love - $9.99
08/19/2013 - Race the Sun - Endless Runner - Flippfly/Flippfly - $10.00
08/20/2013 - Divekick - Fighting - Iron Galaxy Studios/Iron Galaxy Studios - $9.99
08/20/2013 - The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - Squad-based TPS - 2K Games/2K Marin - $44.99
08/20/2013 - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Action/Stealth - Ubisoft/Ubisoft Toronto - $59.99
08/20/2013 - Saints Row IV - Open World Action - Deep Silver/Volition - $49.99 -
08/22/2013 - Neverwinter: Fury of the Feywild - F2P MMORPG - Perfect World/Cryptic Studios - $19.99
08/22/2013 - Skullgirls - Fighting - Marvelous/Lab Zero Games - $14.99 (2-Pack for $24.99, 4-Pack for $44.99)

Subject to change, because Valve loves adding stuff at the last minute.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Your games of the week. It's fall season in August !

08/19/2013 - Sir, You Are Being Hunted - Open world survival - Big Robot/Big Robot - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg
Em05pds.png

08/19/2013 - Hate Plus - Visual Novel - Christine Love/Christine Love - $XX.XX
08/19/2013 - Race the Sun - Endless Runner - Flippfly/Flippfly - $10.00
08/20/2013 - Divekick - Fighting - Iron Galaxy Studios/Iron Galaxy Studios - $9.99
08/20/2013 - The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - Squad-based TPS - 2K Games/2K Marin - $44.99
08/20/2013 - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Action/Stealth - Ubisoft/Ubisoft Toronto - $59.99
08/20/2013 - Saints Row IV - Open World Action - Deep Silver/Volition - $49.99 -
08/22/2013 - Neverwinter: Fury of the Feywild - F2P MMORPG - Perfect World/Cryptic Studios - $19.99
08/22/2013 - Skullgirls - Fighting - Marvelous/Lab Zero Games - $14.99 (2-Pack for $24.99, 4-Pack for $44.99)

Subject to change, because Valve loves adding stuff at the last minute.

According to Christine Love, Hate Plus will go for $10. She just opted out of preorders so the price won't show up on the page.

For anyone who was trying to work that one into their budget with the current game onslaught.

The_Dude

If someone gifted me Saints Row IV from the US after release but before the Australian release date, would I have to wait to play it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom