• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd forgotten how perfect Rayman Origins is. Everything about it is sublime -- it looks great, sounds great, plays great, and the challenges straddle a nice line between not too easy and not too frustrating.

I'd forgotten how perfect Rayman Origins is. Everything about it is sublime -- it looks great, sounds great, plays great, and the challenges straddle a nice line between not too easy and not too frustrating.

...Wish I could still play it. Sold the only console I had it on. Damn, you're making me miss that experience.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Funny thing because the old TR didn't guide you and it was really more exploration-focused.
Anniversary, Legend, and Underworld were all excellent. I have no idea why people thought there was some issue with their format.

I know, I know. I'll probably end up getting it bundled with Rayman Legends on the Steam prison economy... or perhaps trading some of my games for it.

edit: Then again, Rayman Legends feels like something I should support by paying full price. Would if I could, but currently not sure if that's possible. Got Origins on release day with no regrets, wish I could do that now.

edit 2: Hmm forgot about Uplay....

Hmm, I tried to give away a key and sent it to ModBot, but didn't get a reply, how long does it usually take to get the PM?

Sent it 30min ago. Maybe I did something wrong.

Grief.exe

Hmm, I tried to give away a key and sent it to ModBot, but didn't get a reply, how long does it usually take to get the PM?

Sent it 30min ago. Maybe I did something wrong.

Did you follow this thread exactly? The response should be near instantaneous if you did it correctly

Blizzard

Banned
With the randomly shit performance in mind, I reflected upon my experience in Tomb Raider thus far.

1) Watch shitty story with annoying shaky cam
2) Run down guided path
3) Pick up things on the guided path
4) Climb the only thing you can climb on the guided path
5) Shooting gallery fight
6) More crappy story or QTE
7) Repeat

At first I thought it was just the intro to the game, but it happened a few times, so it is probably how they designed the game. After I solved one ridiculously easy puzzle in what was literally one small room in a cave and it said "Tomb Raided!" it all became clear to me. Salsa is right. So I deleted the game, and now I guess I don't know what to play instead, so I will be disappointed for a bit. Maybe more RE6 until The Bureau comes out would be best.
What kind of game do you want? AAA only? Indie? Adventure? Puzzle? Exploration?

If you want to raid tombs, play Guardian of Light.

If you want to suplex tombs, play Guacamelee.

If you've already beaten both then please advise with your requirements and I'll get back to you with more games.

JaseC

I know, I know. I'll probably end up getting it bundled with Rayman Legends on the Steam prison economy... or perhaps trading some of my games for it.

edit: Then again, Rayman Legends feels like something I should support by paying full price. Would if I could, but currently not sure if that's possible. Got Origins on release day with no regrets, wish I could do that now.

Rayman Legends you should be able to get for 7 or 8 keys ($14.63~$16.72).

Edit: There's no mention of Uplay, either, which presumably means it's DRM-free a la Origins.

I blame Uncharted and its goal to ruin the "exploration of an adventurer" action game into a QTE-fested, linear, shooting gallery game.

Uncharted was hardly the start of that. In fact even the tomb raider games proceeding it were already mostly linear, full of QTE and were mostly crap.

Uncharted just wrapped it all together in a well put together package. From there it is what it is.

didamangi

Rayman Legends you should be able to get for 7 or 8 keys ($14.63~$16.72).

Edit: There's no mention of Uplay, either, which presumably means it's DRM-free a la Origins.

I should mention that the Rayman Legends steam demo requires uplay though, so the full game might be as well.

Nice, thanks Badger. *wishlisted*

The timing ties in nicely with the X weekly sale on Humble later this week... (right?)

Probably next given the bundles already on.

Rebirth is a little too pricey given the chances of me playing it are around 0. The new features towards accessibility look good... But I suspect they'll be the types of things you do once and never do again. For example walking around a station that is empty before getting back to the spreadsheets.

But I really hope for the best. I want to love a X game.

JordanKZ

Just leaving for work, broke down and bought The Bureau, got a spare Spec Ops key. Quote to reveal (I have no idea how to use the bot yet!)

For me, the art style.

I file it away under games I want to love, but can't get over the aesthetics. Skullgirls is very much another.

----

Following up on Modbot, if people are trying

GameX: ABC-SDSS-SFDSF

and it isn't working, remove the ":" and you should be right.

Tak3n

Banned
If you dont have Uplay, worth setting up an account pre-legends launch...

and others are correct, as soon as you hit play on the demo, up pops Uplay box

JaseC

Just leaving for work, broke down and bought The Bureau, got a spare Spec Ops key. Quote to reveal (I have no idea how to use the bot yet!)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617641 There are a couple of example gifs in the third post.

For me, the art style.

I file it away under games I want to love, but can't get over the aesthetics. Skullgirls is very much another.

I love the game's visual style. Even just today there have been a few instances where I've thought to myself, "This would make for a nice desktop background
but I prefer my current Saoirse one
."

oipic

Probably next given the bundles already on.

Rebirth is a little too pricey given the chances of me playing it are around 0. The new features towards accessibility look good... But I suspect they'll be the types of things you do once and never do again. For example walking around a station that is empty before getting back to the spreadsheets.

But I really hope for the best. I want to love a X game.

I suspect I may run for the hills after the first couple of hours of inaccessibility with Terran Conflict, but I'm compelled enough to give it a go... the dollar investment in the past hasn't justified that leap of faith, though, so I really hope this bundle does happen.

If it's ~$5-7 or whatever, little harm done, and at worst, I'll finally know that X isn't for me (well, unless Rebirth makes significant strides regarding learning curve etc).

Copons

Thank you for Spec Ops! Been wanting it for a long time now, but everytime I changed my mind, don't know why. Anyway, finally I can play it and I'm totally glad I never ended up spoilering the twist! :)

For me, the art style.

----

Following up on Modbot, if people are trying

GameX: ABC-SDSS-SFDSF

and it isn't working, remove the ":" and you should be right.

Thanks, I tried it without the ":", not working. I'll try again later, maybe the server isn't up.

didamangi

I love the game's visual style. Even just today there have been a few instances where I've thought to myself, "This would make for a nice desktop background
but I prefer my current Saoirse one
."

Yup, almost every screenshots on the Rayman Origins/Legends steam store page is a decent desktop background material.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I blame Uncharted and its goal to ruin the "exploration of an adventurer" action game into a QTE-fested, linear, shooting gallery game.
I don't remember any QTE's in my Uncharted.

And what's the criticism I hear about linear design so often, not only regarding Uncharted. I don't get it. I like linear, I like non-linear. It's a design choice. Linear suits Uncharted just fine.

There could have been a lot less shooting and more exploration, though. If there ever will be a fourth Uncharted, I hope they learn some things from Ben Studio's Golden Abyss. :)

EDIT: The skahecam from TR is quite annoying, any way to turn it off?

Went to go sign up for classes, realized there was a math credit I misread as being optional last semester and and subsequently can't register for the medical class I was going to take. This could delay my degree by an entire semester or more.

Not even the two games coming out tonight will drown my sorrows ;-;
tumblr_mmqtxsFyYq1sq7wcvo1_400.gif

Arthea

I can't stand QTE either, not sure why, I feel cheated when killing boss with QTE, for example. This gen really wasn't good for me.

Guys, you gonna laugh, possibly a lot, but McPixel is sort of good... Yes, it's short and stupid, but it's fun, who could have thought (><)
Also I think "find all gags" mode is more fun and rewarding than "find right one".
Neat idea with changing "pixel mode" too, don't remember any game doing that.

Went to go sign up for classes, realized there was a math credit I misread as being optional last semester and and subsequently can't register for the medical class I was going to take. This could delay my degree by an entire semester or more.

I used to have nightmares about that sort of thing. Heck I still occasionally do.

Chin-up, a semester isn't an issue in the big scheme of things and the extra time you spend being young and stupid (presumably) will be worth while.

I can't stand QTE either, not sure why, I feel cheated when killing boss with QTE, for example. This gen really wasn't good for me.

The force unleashed was the tipping point for me. Here are all the powers you have dreamed of...now press A then X and sit back and watch...the same thing you just watched 10 times in the last minute.

Guys, you gonna laugh, possibly a lot, but McPixel is sort of good... Yes, it's short and stupid, but it's fun, who could have thought (><)

I haven't heard many bad things about it. It really is just good stupid fun.

JaseC

Guardians of Middle Earth DDE: 989 Russiabucks (~USD$30)
Most common asking price: 30 keys (~USD$62.70)

Nice markup there, fellas.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Just got my second ever foil, Eggman from Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. Winner! Pretty soon I'll have enough Gabebucks to grab myself a small indie title at half off in the Autumn Sale. The system works!

Deques

Guardians of Middle Earth DDE: 989 Russiabucks (~USD$30)
Most common asking price: 30 keys (~USD$62.70)

Nice markup there, fellas.

What more does the Mithril Edition have? Only thing I see is an extra gift. But that price seems to be much higher than the standard edition

Card Boy

Banned
What more does the Mithril Edition have? Only thing I see is an extra gift. But that price seems to be much higher than the standard edition
Get access to the base game and EVERY GUARDIAN AND THEIR ALTERNATES--all 72!

The Company of Dwarves Bundle
The Warrior Bundle
The Striker Bundle
The Defender Bundle
The Tactician Bundle
The Enchanter Bundle
As a bonus get 60,000 Gold for use in-game.
And an exclusive relic equipment item, only available in the Mithril Edition.
And a free base game key to gift to a friend!

Not even the two games coming out tonight will drown my sorrows ;-;
tumblr_mmqtxsFyYq1sq7wcvo1_400.gif

Rejoice, you'll get to spend more time drinking.

I'm studying for an Economy resit tomorrow, and the rate things are going, it's gonna be a close call. This is a course that used to be spread across two semesters, but my school decided it'd be a good idea to throw those together into one semester, one course, and one exam.

Shit's terrifyin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom