• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

It is still the most expensive emoticon. Doesn't mean anyone have to pay for it

I'm pretty sure every item on market has some unrealistic priced items. You just have to look to see.

iszq177f0Xp9p.png

Nice, thanks Badger. *wishlisted*

The timing ties in nicely with the X weekly sale on Humble later this week... (right?)

Believe

Probably next given the bundles already on.

Rebirth is a little too pricey given the chances of me playing it are around 0. The new features towards accessibility look good... But I suspect they'll be the types of things you do once and never do again. For example walking around a station that is empty before getting back to the spreadsheets.

But I really hope for the best. I want to love a X game.

I'm hoping it'll be a little more fleshed out, with actual reasons to visit said stations (stores, missions, etc.). I love the direction they went, it's been too long since I've played an X game.

Went to go sign up for classes, realized there was a math credit I misread as being optional last semester and and subsequently can't register for the medical class I was going to take. This could delay my degree by an entire semester or more.

Not even the two games coming out tonight will drown my sorrows ;-;
tumblr_mmqtxsFyYq1sq7wcvo1_400.gif

My cousin gave me the best advice when I was in school : don't ever leave. He was right.

But seriously, that blows....hope it works out. Enjoy it while you can!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Can't wait for the winter sale. Gonna be nuts. Will be getting at least AC IV and Blacklist.

Unless you're planning to use Steam Wallet funds, buying Blacklist on the B/S/T thread from people who got it with their graphics card would probably be just as cheap, if not cheaper, than it will be during the winter sale.

Sadly, this could never happen to me. I play the odds. I never gamble. Sell those boosters, that's my melody.

Sometimes it's worth checking. If a booster is going for about the same price as 3 average cards....You can easily justify opening it. Worst case if you lost .05 or so

fantomena

Unless you're planning to use Steam Wallet funds, buying Blacklist on the B/S/T thread from people who got it with their graphics card would probably be just as cheap, if not cheaper, than it will be during the winter sale.

I don't want to download it through UPlay.

Dolor

Nice, that is right on the line of prepurchase territory for me, but given the amount of content I will be getting, I am going to go ahead and pull the trigger tonight. I put 100 hours into X3, and I only really stopped playing that because I heard that this game was coming out this year.

It looks to have an insane amount of content. I would say the price is fair.

If you are not into this type of game you might want to save yourself any price and not purchase it at all.

I think the humble bundle is perfect for this type of game. It's a little too niche to make huge day one sales, but if ~$5 gets you the whole series, lots of people will see the value in that, and quite a few will likely try it out, and some of those people will really like it. That was me 6 months ago actually.

Kifimbo

Hammerwatch is the definition of average. Playing with the ranger and I feel I've been doing the same thing for three hours: click on a A button to launch arrows. There is just no depth. Oh, I guess I've been using bombs here and there.

FloatOn

I went ahead and bought The Bureau an hour or so ago.

I really need to finish off Ys 2 before I dive into it because I doubt I'll ever come back to it if I don't.

I thought I had until Thursday...

Dolor

I did this with an earlier graphics card deal (Never Settle Reloaded), and I ended up being able to sell my Steam codes for a decent resale price, but I basically had to include for free the one UPlay game (Blood Dragon) because no one wanted it there. The irony was that at the time, Blood Dragon was the newest game.

Point is that if you are willing to take it on UPlay, you can probably get it for quite cheap.

derExperte

Hammerwatch is the definition of average. Playing with the ranger and I feel I've been doing the same thing for three hours: click on a A button to launch arrows. There is just no depth. Oh, I guess I've been using bombs here and there.

That's exactly what I got out of the beta and which prompted me to delete it from my wishlist. It looks nice but the gameplay is very mundane.

A compelling argument can be made that LoS is objectively better than GoW as it runs in native HD resolutions and at 60 fps.

Well you're right but I would call it an "improvement" instead "better than"... now if you compare LoS for PS3/360 and PC, you can say that the PC version is better than the PS3/360 version because it runs in native HD resolutions and at 60 fps. IMHO :)

HoosTrax

How is Guardians of Middle-earth? Worth it to buy the complete edition for single player only?
$72 for a singleplayer MOBA? I'm going to have to say no, based on the premise alone, unless you really love LOTR or there's a chance you might try it online.

Hofmann

I don't get the market sometimes. I sold an item, even though there were others cheaper than mine by a margin of $0.15, and I haven't noticed any form of speculation. Weird.

Derrick01

Banned
uc 3 is not that bad people. also gow> los.

Depends what game you're talking about. 1, 2 and 3 is better but LoS is way better than Ascension and the PSP games. LoS doesn't really try to do the big epic events like GoW does.

With the randomly shit performance in mind, I reflected upon my experience in Tomb Raider thus far.

1) Watch shitty story with annoying shaky cam
2) Run down guided path
3) Pick up things on the guided path
4) Climb the only thing you can climb on the guided path
5) Shooting gallery fight
6) More crappy story or QTE
7) Repeat

At first I thought it was just the intro to the game, but it happened a few times, so it is probably how they designed the game. After I solved one ridiculously easy puzzle in what was literally one small room in a cave and it said "Tomb Raided!" it all became clear to me. Salsa is right. So I deleted the game, and now I guess I don't know what to play instead, so I will be disappointed for a bit. Maybe more RE6 until The Bureau comes out would be best.

No that's pretty much the entire game. There are 2-3 big hub-like areas but all they're good for is hiding a bunch of useless collectibles. You get so much damn XP in the game for doing almost nothing (I seriously lost track of all the times I got anywhere from 100-500xp just for watching a cutscene) that going out of your way to collectible hunt is pointless.

*takes risk of unpacking booster*
*gets a foil*

fwnMCmc.gif

Then you realized the foil only sells for 40 cents!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom