• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Hammerwatch is the definition of average. Playing with the ranger and I feel I've been doing the same thing for three hours: click on a A button to launch arrows. There is just no depth. Oh, I guess I've been using bombs here and there.

^^

I agree with this. I started the ranger too. Maybe I'll try a different class. The first dungeon seems to be going on forever though. Even the skillups are dull.

Kammie

Legend was so hilariously bad you'd think it was parody.
What's a parody are all the black or white forum posts like this one. The game was well-received when it came out, reinvigorated a dying franchise, and it's still great fun to play to this day. It's polished, has great ambience, and has a fantastic soundtrack. It may break the mold of what one considers to be some of the basic TR essences, but to call it "hilariously bad" is just ridiculous. It's easily worth what they charge for it, even when it's not on sale.

hlhbk

One week until Lords of Shadow at a beautiful 60 FPS! :) So excited and am glad I held off playing the console versions considering how low the FPS was!

theytookourjobz

^^

I agree with this. I started the ranger too. Maybe I'll try a different class. The first dungeon seems to be going on forever though. Even the skillups are dull.

I played about 15 minutes yesterday and I don't think I really want to play it anymore by myself. Anybody want to play later?

Overdoziz

Banned
What's a parody are all the black or white forum posts like this one. The game was well-received when it came out, reinvigorated a dying franchise, and it's still great fun to play to this day. It's polished, has great ambience, and has a fantastic soundtrack. It may break the mold of what one considers to be some of the basic TR essences, but to call it "hilariously bad" is just ridiculous. It's easily worth what they charge for it, even when it's not on sale.
I bought it some time ago when it was on sale on xbox live for like 400 msp and I really had to push myself to even complete the game. I went in with zero expectations and what I saw was essentially a bad action game which happened to star Lara Croft. I hadn't played any other Tomb Raider game since 3 and didn't really witness the franchise's "downfall" so maybe that's why I was so severally disappointed.

DukeBobby

One week until Lords of Shadow? Damn, I forgot it was out so soon.

Outlast, Amnesia, and GTA V are coming out soon after, so I'll have to skip it for now.

Grief.exe

Morning guys, in just a few short days we will witness the closure of the GFWL store.

How is Guardians of Middle-earth? Worth it to buy the complete edition for single player only?

Guardians of Middle Earth is the very definition of, 'We never asked for this.'

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have to say that I'm fighting the urge to buy the GoME DDE at its current RU price just to completely avoid tempting fate.

Finally back to my place and normal net connection. Was trying to follow this site on phone as much as I could. I see Payday 2 is doing pretty well. Also, are the Halos the only ones left from the database "leak"?

Fireblend

Banned
Eh, I'm enjoying Tomb Raider. I think playing it in short bursts and switching to more gameplay-oriented stuff like Spelunky and Dust and Mark of the Ninja whenever the action QTE gallery-shooting gets tiring has helped me ignore many of its issues. Its story is much better than lots of people make it out to be, it has some seriously good looking environments, and even handling the weapons can feel nice. The only thing I'm really bothered by is the collect-a-thon aspects. I'd definitely buy a sequel.

I mean, it's not as bad as L.A. Noire, for example, which I had to force myself to finish.

In other news, I'm sure I already said it but I'm seriously enjoying Burnout Paradise way more than I thought I would.

Hofmann

Sorry, probably should be more clear. I just made a new account. "Changed" it in the sense that it's going to be my default PSN name now for online MP, etc.

Oh, ok. I haven't touched my fatty in a long time (I know how awful it sounds), so I thought something has changed in that matter.

hlhbk

One week until Lords of Shadow? Damn, I forgot it was out so soon.

Outlast, Amnesia, and GTA V are coming out soon after, so I'll have to skip it for now.

You didn't know???? The wait has been excruciating! The only game I am more excited for than LOS on PC is GTA V on consoles!

Nice, patience pays off, just got Don't starve on GMG, 30% off sale (I think there's a few other Klei things, I saw Shank at least), and GMG's 20% off code works too. Coupled with £2 I had sitting in my account and £4.80, much better than steam's £12. Been looknig forward to this sinc eI played the browser demo way back.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Freezard

Why do you have to make another account to be able to add The Sims 3. That's so stupid, not sure I can bother since I'll never play it anyway.

liezryou

The issue must be at your end. There are no runtime restrictions and it's giftable from the RU store.

Roughly $30, but traders are currently asking for 30 keys for the most part, which is slightly more than double that.

Yeah seems i was having internet issues. At 17 keys or 34$, it seems pretty good; however 99% chance it's a terrible MOBA and eventually goes free to play. Also it's really stupid you have to pay to unlock the guardians AFTER you pay for the base game. At least remove the barrier to entry if you want to add microtransactions.

Infinite Crisis looks way more fun.

Derrick01

Banned
Nah, this one sells steadily in the $3.90+ range.

You got lucky then. Seems like the value of everything tanked, even foils.

I don't want GTA V on PC if its going to be the terrible optimized mess that GTA IV was.

I would hope it's not quite as bad since it should be optimized for quad core CPUs from day 1 this time. And it won't have GFWL.

That's not to say it'll be a perfect port though. They should make a deal with SE and get Nixxes to do it :p

Grief.exe

I would hope it's not quite as bad since it should be optimized for quad core CPUs from day 1 this time. And it won't have GFWL.

That's not to say it'll be a perfect port though. They should make a deal with SE and get Nixxes to do it :p

The vast majority of games are actually single threaded and not designed to take advantage of quad core CPUs.

NIN90

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

XCOM Enemy Enknown -- MB-8528E19780FF6FFD - Taken by Volotaire

damn typo

Turfster

Did GTA IV ever even get beyond a boring-ass chauffeur simulation? I never played it enough to find out.

It did! Then it became the ludonarrative dissonance simulator!
"I am tired of killing, I have seen more than enough during the war" "okay, now kill 5 billion dudes in this non-checkpointed and scripted mission... and if you fail, you get to start all over again"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom