• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

GTAIV proper, no, but Ballad of Gay Tony is supposedly a much better experience.
I see. I have to wonder if most of the enjoyment people got from GTA IV was from modding it.

I mean, I just don't see how I could be expected to muster a shred of enthusiasm for V after my experience with IV, compared to my experience with SR3, and what it did for my anticipation of SR4.

It did! Then it became the ludonarrative dissonance simulator!
"I am tired of killing, I have seen more than enough during the war" "okay, now kill 5 billion dudes in this non-checkpointed and scripted mission... and if you fail, you get to start all over again"
Sounds just about as ridiculously incongruous as the chases and shootouts at the end of every mission in LA Noire.

Sajjaja

I see. I have to wonder if most of the enjoyment people got from GTA IV was from modding it.

I mean, I just don't see how I could be expected to muster a shred of enthusiasm for V after my experience with IV, compared to my experience with SR3, and what it did for my anticipation of SR4.

Have you seen the game................it makes me wanna do things.....dark..things....

Fireblend

Banned
Nice giveaway, entered!

EDIT: Thank you very much. I love tactics RPG's.

Enjoy the best game of 2012
3AQmK.gif

Grief.exe

Maybe when they release RDR 2 they will bring RDR to pc if they have truely changed!

RDR is gone, it will, most likely, never happen.

Apparently the code is such a mess that Rockstar is not willing to dedicate the time or resources for a PC port.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
RDR is gone, it will, most likely, never happen.

Apparently the code is such a mess that Rockstar is not willing to dedicate the time or resources for a PC port.

I've always found that rumour to be incredibly dubious.

fantomena

Don't know where to put this, so I just put it here. According to my Rockstar PR rep, review copies won't be sendt out before very close to release or on release so the GTA V reviews may be late out. This may change of course, but that's what I heard.

derExperte

No, never modded it and still liked the game despite some problems. Imo the heavy backlash isn't warranted but the game is so old now that I have no interest in discussing it anymore. And Gay Tony is excellent, it corrects most faults of IV so it's obvious Rockstar learned fast. That's one of the reasons why people are excited for V.

Turfster

Sounds just about as ridiculously incongruous as the chases and shootouts at the end of every mission in LA Noire.

This is basically the reason I didn't like LA Noire.
I was excited for basically like, an adventure game with driving in an atmospheric setting, but I got yet another shitty shooter with ridiculous amounts of enemies instead.

I've always found that rumour to be incredibly dubious.

Well RDR does its level best to melt through my PS3 every time I try to play it, so...

JaseC

Don't know where to put this, so I just put it here. According to my Rockstar PR rep, review copies won't be sendt out before very close to release or on release so the GTA V reviews may be late out. This may change of course, but that's what I heard.

Well, the Oscar nomination process doesn't begin 'til around November, so it makes sense to delay reviews so that the game is still fresh in critics' minds.

Kifimbo

Anuman Interactive bought the Agatha Christie rights and intends to create games. First one will be shown soon. Developed on PC/Mac/iOS/Android.

Omega

Banned
You got lucky then. Seems like the value of everything tanked, even foils.

because gamers don't understand the concept of supply and demand.

When CS GO cases started dropping, I think I sold both of mine for $8. less than 2 days later it dropped to about $3

Everyone is impatient and wants to make money quickly so they'll undercut market value, even though if they waited maybe a few hours someone would have bought it.

Benedict

GMG are sending out Bureau keys. but they managed to make another mistake regarding what keycode goes to which game...

1st email:

Thank you for prepurchasing The Bureau: XCOM Declassified from Green Man Gaming.

Activation keys:
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

2nd email:

Hello,

Please note the key order for your Bureau pre-purchase is as follows:

Key 1 - Spec Ops: The Line
Key 2 - The Bureau: Codebreakers DLC
Key 3 - The Bureau base game.

Sorry for any confusion caused.

Kind Regards,

JaseC

Anuman Interactive bought the Agatha Christie rights and intends to create games. First one will be shown soon. Developed on PC/Mac/iOS/Android.

I hope one day there are as many licensed Agatha Christie games as there are Nancy Drew. Bonus points if they're all named "Agatha Christie's ...", so I can bask in their glory:

nancydrawesome45uzk.jpg

Games like this are more likely to have review events that are supplemented by the later press copies. There's no way that major outlets won't have their perfect scores ready for launch.

JaseC

Lost Planet 3 is such a colossal non-event. Watch Capcom be cheap with the discounting, too.

derExperte

"This post is not live and only visible to editors"

Someone posted this part on the Steam forum:

"The Bureau: XCOM Declassified desperately wants to be liked, but by failing to satisfy in any direction, all it succeeds in being is a disappointment. It wants to be a strategy game without being a strategy game, it wants to be a shooter without being a shooter, and it wants to be XCOM without being XCOM. As such, it is nothing. It's an inconsequential waste of time that does nothing for anybody, and saying that makes me feel guilty because its cloying pleas to not be hated are worthy of pity.

I feel like I've kicked a puppy that just wanted to be my friend, but it really was a crap puppy."

chronomac

All those Indie Royale bundle games seem to have middling reviews based on a very quick glance at Metacritic. Can anyone preach to their value?

Grief.exe

What a day for grief.. bioshock 2 updating :eek:

It's just a DX update, apparently.

It's getting closer, though.

Nothing to write home to Gabe right now, but we are getting closer.

I hope they do do a similar update to Bioshock 2 that they did to AC. If they remove where the key is stored in the registry, and the key displaying on launch then the final nail will be put into the coffin.

5456a41d4076244a6c593cbb260c3384493a7727.jpg

Huge news! This is, honestly, probably one of the largest pieces of evidence we have seen yet.

This update just went through for Arkham City

• less than a minute ago Added showcdkeyonlaunch_macos – 0
  • less than a minute ago Added showcdkeyinmenu_macos – 0
  • less than a minute ago Changed changenumber – 259930 › 259939
  • 9 minutes ago Removed cddbfingerprint – -693650002
  • 9 minutes ago Changed LegacyKeyRegistryLocation –
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\TestApp200260\SteamKey › HKEY_CURRENT_USER

They turned off showing cd key on launch, which is a necessity for GFWL games.

From what I can tell, they also completely removed where the CD Key was previously stored. If they remove the key, then Securom's registry entry cannot reference it properly for activation limits. Need a little more evidence on this one.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SecuROM

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SecuROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom