• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Might & Magic X - Legacy is up for Early Access ($30)

“What is Might & Magic X – Legacy?

Might & Magic X – Legacy is a grid-based, turn-based old school RPG where you control a
party of four. Build up your characters, go on adventures and explore the world and its
dungeons freely. Solve riddles, do quests and make sure you only pick fights that your
party is ready for. It’s fun to play because it’s not too easy!

-----

Read the rest of that before you decide on picking it up. It is also using Uplay.

edit: I guess I'm a bit late.

Grief.exe

I think after GFWL gets patched out from Bioshock 2 and the Arkham games, we need to turn our attention to UPLAY.

Try to convince Ubisoft to seperate their client from Steam and other clients.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Might & Magic X – Legacy is a grid-based, turn-based old school RPG where you control a
party of four. Build up your characters, go on adventures and explore the world and its
dungeons freely. Solve riddles, do quests and make sure you only pick fights that your

-----

Read the rest of that before you decide on picking it up. It is also using Uplay.

Using uPlay is definitely the first X against the game. I think we should all wait and legacy.

I think after GFWL gets patched out from Bioshock 2 and the Arkham games, we need to turn our attention to UPLAY.

I think that's going to be a tricky one. Of course this is pure speculation, but I believe Ubisoft is trying to back-door its way onto people's computers by secretly building up a library of games a person already has. It makes the psychological barrier to entry much, much less as you already feel like you're invested and now, you can suddenly rationalize a uPlay-exclusive purchase.

Their foot is going to drop at some point, I think. The question becomes when that happens and how long will they attempt to keep an exclusive storefront going, like what EA is attempting with Origin.

Eanan

Might & Magic X is 4999 pуб in Russia, so over 100€. Not bad.

huh huh huh... looks like they'll have to come to US to trade for once

SZYBI.gif

It would be hard. First, Uplay didn't suck that hard compared to GFWL, second, Ubisoft is actively pushing the stuff.

fantomena

Might & Magic X - Legacy uses Uplay. Ugh.

We need to start a "get rid off UPlay" on Steam campaign!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't mind Uplay -- at least Ubi still releases its games on Steam... for the most part. If only EA would follow suit with its Origin titles.

SparkTR

-----

edit: I guess I'm a bit late.

Previews and early impressions look good, fuck it I'm in.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wonder if they'll give cards for trying (idling) the game.

Unfortunately you can only get cards from idling if you actually own the game (free weekends don't count)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Needs more Revelations 2012.

That's a little unfair as Revelations 2012 is made by relatively normal people that put out a game the internet decided to hate due to its low production values. However, there is basically no complaint you can lob at the game that couldn't also be applied to the Serious Sam series, games that are openly loved on the 'net.

Orion is more like the original War Z.

Grief.exe

But they'll give GMG and Amazon 30%? Makes no sense.

If you sell through the Steam store, then all microtransactions will be done through the store.

When sold through Amazon or GMG, those copies are standalone and 100% of the revenue after the sale goes to Square.

If sold through Steam, 30% of the initial sale goes to Valve and then 30% of every microtransaction from that point forward.

Daily Deal is back! Wanderlust Rebirth 75%

Also, the Dino Horde thing is starting today and will last the whole week supposedly. That's new. It's also 75% off.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Got this to give away. I'm pissed as I wanted to giveaway X-Com Ultimate Bundle as well but accidentally added it to my account. Bleh.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Spec Ops The Line -- MB-BFA743AB8621C132 - Taken by Fl1pp13

rybrad

Looking forward to some impressions of Might and Magic after people get some time in it. It looks like it could be great but $30 is a bit too much for me to impulse buy.

Crawl

If you sell through the Steam store, then all microtransactions will be done through the store.

When sold through Amazon or GMG, those copies are standalone and 100% of the revenue after the sale goes to Square.

If sold through Steam, 30% of the initial sale goes to Valve and then 30% of every microtransaction from that point forward.

Okay but why doesn't defiance's microtransactions go through the steam store? Pretty sure it all goes through trion.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I watched the host the other day.

Terrible movie.

If it weren't for Saoirse Ronan's presence, I would have regretted seeing it at the theatres. I'd rate the film in general alongside I Could Never Be Your Woman as her worst overall and certainly towards that end of spectrum also in regard to her performance in particular -- even for someone of her calibre there's not a lot of room to manoeuvre when the script is that bad. Niccol so royally screwing the pooch is a novel feat in its own right considering ICNBYW was Saoirse's first feature and she would've been around 11 when it was shot.

Of Orcs and Men also seems to have 75% off right now. Have any of you tried it? The reviews weren't exactly great, but I've seen a few comparisons with the Game of Thrones RPG (which I kinda ended up enjoying despite it's many, many flaws), so I'm a little tempted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom