• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fl1pp13

Neo Member
Not sure if anyone uses Desura, but feel free to grab these codes.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Desura keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Humble Indie Bundle 3 (Desura) -- MB-011001238BEE9600 - Taken by Whools
Dungeons of Dredmor (Desura) -- MB-37CA581A554A7B81 - Taken by Ingueferroque
Humble Indie Bundle 2 (Desura) -- MB-C749B9BF73520536 - Taken by PandaPedinte

I'm really excited for Sir, You Are Being Hunted. I enjoy the reviews that Jim Rossingol does on RPS and his taste in games, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the game turns out.

pahamrick

Giving away my remaining humble bundle keys in hopes it boosts my karma for winning a key for Saint's Row IV. Unlikely, but hey. :p

ModBot said:

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Crysis 2 (Steam) -- MB-62EA8BE3BB8E548F - Taken by Rob N Banks
Mirror's Edge (Steam) -- MB-EF1C8B4CEF760D17 - Taken by ashecitism
Dead Space (Steam) -- MB-1424214CF6F1FAEF - Taken by Reg
Burnout Paradise (Steam) -- MB-E05E2B0641B690F5 - Taken by webrunner
Medal of Honor (Steam) -- MB-F5DEA51454F7AA1D - Taken by graywolf323
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-2B045BC200F7A407

Pretty sure I did it correctly, but if any winners have issues let me know and I'll PM you the key directly.

Leftover from the humble bundle:

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg

Medal Of Honor -- MB-71E439D6917EECB4 - Taken by Rob N Banks

derExperte

Ravaged is downloading a 2GB update and is now named Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse.

Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse delivers new maps and modes stacked with a wild assortment of super aggressive zombie types. The Player’s objective is to collect the necessary parts to repair the escape vehicle and get the hell out of the zombie-infested areas – or die trying. Jump in solo or go co-op -- with four other players -- as one of the five Resistance classes. The odds are stacked against you with only one precious life to live and equipped with just a skull cracking crowbar at the start. Loot more weapons throughout the maps as well as collect fuel to use the many Ravaged vehicles.

Dolor

Their foot is going to drop at some point, I think. The question becomes when that happens and how long will they attempt to keep an exclusive storefront going, like what EA is attempting with Origin.

They should probably take a look at how desperate EA is to get people to use Origin (arguably a better service then UPlay already with a better portfolio of PC games) before they think of going UPlay exclusive. With the humble bundle, EA has just given up roughly $5M in revenue (and future sales of games like DS3) just to get people onto their store. If that doesn't smack of desperation to increase their user base, I don't really know what does.

There's just a lot of things keeping people with Steam. Better service, more features, bigger catalog, significant existing library (for most), larger community, and tons of goodwill for Valve. That would be hard for anyone to overcome but especially companies with as little goodwill as EA and Ubi.

I don't mind Uplay -- at least Ubi still releases its games on Steam... for the most part. If only EA would follow suit with its Origin titles.

Yeah, pretty much. This makes the most sense for any company that wants their own store. It's more of a pain for Steam users, but it makes a lot more sense as a company move than exclusivity.

Ubi needs to get Might and Magic I - IX up on steam to go with X. And heroes of 1 - 4 as well for that matter.

I second this. Also, Anno 1404.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
tumblr_mk76v3ifrs1rxkykuxs.gif

I'm optimistically guessing the DDE is one of these two subs and it's just not up yet.

To address my own post: According to this image, the physical deluxe edition is exclusive to Uplay while the digital deluxe edition will be available more broadly, so it should show up on Steam at some point in the future.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ravaged is downloading a 2GB update and is now named Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse.

Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse delivers new maps and modes stacked with a wild assortment of super aggressive zombie types. The Player’s objective is to collect the necessary parts to repair the escape vehicle and get the hell out of the zombie-infested areas – or die trying. Jump in solo or go co-op -- with four other players -- as one of the five Resistance classes. The odds are stacked against you with only one precious life to live and equipped with just a skull cracking crowbar at the start. Loot more weapons throughout the maps as well as collect fuel to use the many Ravaged vehicles.

Sounds interesting. At least they're doing something with their nearly-dead (previously) online-mulitplayer-only game, instead of just abandoning it. I don't know if I would recommend it buying it at $10, though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I second this. Also, Anno 1404.

Anno 1404 has been and gone. It was taken down as in earlier builds there's a bug in the save system that can render saves useless; Ubi patched the retail and Uplay versions, but never sent Valve an update for the Steam version and it was eventually pulled. The Anno 1404 subs were last updated about four weeks ago, though, so perhaps there's light at the end of this bleak tunnel.

To reiterate: Anno 1404's unavailability is literally a case of Ubi being too lazy to send through a patch.

fantomena

Why are so many games on sale right now? Trackmania, Shootmania, Bad Rats, Gothic, Cities, Game of Thrones Wargame: Airland Battle.

Weeklongs?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Why are so many game son sale right now? Trackmania, Shootmania, Bad Rats, Gothic, Cities, Game of Thrones Wargame: Airland Battle.

Weeklongs?

Looks like it. Everyone buy Bad Rats! Best game EVAR

Megasoum

Banned
Arghh... Pisses me off so much that I bought my GeForce 770 from a retailer that is not on the short list of "participating retailers" on Nvidia's site... I could have a free copy of Blacklist by now...ugh.

fantomena

Are there any more activity left in Shootmania and trackmania games? If so, what's the best?

Btw, Im proud of being the only GAFfer who don't own Bad Rats.

KingKong

I'm alright with Early Access (even though I think too many games are being added) but seriously, Ubisoft charging 30 dollars for their early access game?

Derrick01

Banned
I kind of just used my Castlevania money to buy Batman Origins on GMG. I...don't know why either, guess I got excited by that thread and the E3 demo vid I found.

Of Orcs and Men also seems to have 75% off right now. Have any of you tried it? The reviews weren't exactly great, but I've seen a few comparisons with the Game of Thrones RPG (which I kinda ended up enjoying despite it's many, many flaws), so I'm a little tempted.

I'm curious as well. Seems like a good price to jump at.

Whools

Because I'm an idiot who doesn't know what games he already has and Fl1pp13 is a cool dude who told me to do do whatever with the key, I'm giving away Fl1pp's key. Be sure to thank him/her.

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Humble Indie Bundle 3 (Desura) -- MB-011001238BEE9600 - Taken by Sullichin

graywolf323

Giving away my remaining humble bundle keys in hopes it boosts my karma for winning a key for Saint's Row IV. Unlikely, but hey. :p

Pretty sure I did it correctly, but if any winners have issues let me know and I'll PM you the key directly.

kevin1025

Banned
Of Orcs and Men also seems to have 75% off right now. Have any of you tried it? The reviews weren't exactly great, but I've seen a few comparisons with the Game of Thrones RPG (which I kinda ended up enjoying despite it's many, many flaws), so I'm a little tempted.

I haven't played Of Orcs and Men, but if you like the Game of Thrones RPG, I'm willing to bet you'll like it. It's the same developer, and if you check out the Giant Bomb quick look, it actually looks pretty interesting. At 75% off, I think it would be a cool game to give a try. I might do so as well, been waiting for the chance to pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom