• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

chugen

have fun

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Good Rodents -- MB-6129C0AE0B938AE1 - Taken by Deques

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I hate this crap. Just release the game separately and give pre-existing owners of the previous title a copy for free.

Usually I'd agree with you, but the original game was such a mess. It was also online multiplayer arena style with no single player option that I'm aware of.

Since the game was essentially dead, it's nice to see that it's at least usable now. But true, it probably would have been easier to just make a whole new game and give it to previous buyers.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I hate this crap. Just release the game separately and give pre-existing owners of the previous title a copy for free.

Basically just large content updates for an online multiplayer game; I can see why they'd update the title rather than release a new game and have two separate entries. That said, when the scores are really shitty and they rebrand to try and fool people into buying it I am not amused and Valve shouldn't allow it. Orion: Dino Horde > Beatdown for example.

pahamrick

ModBot said:

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-2B045BC200F7A407

For the new page, DS on Origin is still available.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Basically just large content updates for an online multiplayer game; I can see why they'd update the title rather than release a new game. That said, when the scores are really shitty and they rebrand to try and fool people into buying it I am not amused and Valve shouldn't allow it. Orion: Dino Horde > Beatdown for example.

If the changes are significant to the point where a rebranding is deemed appropriate, then there's justifiable cause for releasing a new title. In fact, if the rationale is that the re-launch is intended to wash away the sour taste of the previous experience, then I'd argue it'd be wiser to launch a separate game as at least the handing out of free copies to existing owners of the prior entry engenders some goodwill.

You might be thinking, "Jase, you're just annoyed because there was an opportunity for a developer in increase your game count and it wasn't seized", and my answer to that is...

..."Exactly." :p

Salsa

my store is very unclear on wether Saints Row IV comes out tomorrow or on the 22nd (wich I think is the actual brazil/south american date)

this is bothersome

Turfster

Basically just large content updates for an online multiplayer game; I can see why they'd update the title rather than release a new game and have two separate entries. That said, when the scores are really shitty and they rebrand to try and fool people into buying it I am not amused and Valve shouldn't allow it. Orion: Dino Horde > Beatdown for example.

Worst example of that was War-Z -> Infestation, where they managed to remove the metascore during the sale. Now that was just fucking underhanded.

This looks like a lot of fun!
This is where I post this again. I'm really looking forward to it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like Forge is now "Free to Play".

Sad face at the two copies in my inventory.

JaseC

You'll be able to flog those off to collectors for a decent price since F2P games aren't tethered to one's account -- once an F2P game is removed from Steam, it's gone from a user's library for good the moment it's uninstalled.

jshackles

You'll be able to flog those off to collectors for a decent price since F2P games aren't tethered to one's account -- once an F2P game is removed from Steam, it's gone from a user's library for good the moment it's uninstalled.

Interesting. Also interesting is the fact that I now own the "Starter pack". So - I guess it's something...

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
If the changes are significant to the point where a rebranding is deemed appropriate, then there's justifiable cause for releasing a new title. In fact, if the rationale is that the re-launch is intended to wash away the sour taste of the previous experience, then I'd argue it'd be wiser to launch a separate game

as at least the handing out of free copies to existing owners of the prior entry engenders some goodwill.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that, as I see it more like MMO content updates rather than a completely new game. As to the latter complaint, existing owners of Ravaged did effectively get a free copy of Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse. Does it need to be a separate library entry to engender goodwill?

It looks like previous owners own the "Starter Pack" DLC, which is normally 13,99€. Should be included in your copies as well.

Uiki

Hmm... I got sir, you are being hunted but i can't find it in my library.

If I go to the store page it says that I got the game but when I click "play now" steam freezes. wtf.

jshackles

It looks like previous owners own the "Starter Pack" DLC, which is normally 13,99€. Should be included in your copies as well.

It's weird because the Starter Pack says "30 days from purchase". So I guess I get 2x experience for the next 30 days on a game I probably won't play :D

I don't see the From Paris sale in the client but when I search I can find the games discounted. You really have to dig through the Specials tab to find them. Even at 30$ Remember Me costs too much, think I'd rather put 20$ of that towards Sir, You Are Being Hunted.

JaseC

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that, as I see it more like MMO content updates rather than a completely new game. As to the latter complaint, existing owners of Ravaged did effectively get a free copy of Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse. Does it need to be a separate library entry to engender goodwill?

It's a psychological thing. In this case, the existing title has just been patched; in the alternative case, there's a free game. :p I don't think there's anything inherently gained by rebranding a title via a content update.

I don't see the From Paris sale in the client but when I search I can find the games discounted. You really have to dig through the Specials tab to find them. Even at 30$ Remember Me costs too much, think I'd rather put 20$ of that towards Sir, You Are Being Hunted.

Remember Me has the same 40% discount it had a month ago. Capcom is terrible at Steam.

Xanathus

ModBot said:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Burnout Paradise (Steam) -- MB-65613B329337EC2D - Taken by Colkate
Burnout Paradise (Origin) -- MB-F9686C3570B3E857
<(^_^)<

haikira

headerayzzf.jpg

Anyone wanting to get caught up for A Machine for Pigs?

Quote me saying "I'd love to soil myself" and you can have your very own Steam key for Amnesia: The Dark Descent!

Tellaerin

It's a psychological thing. In this case, the existing title has just been patched; in the alternative case, there's a free game. :p I don't think there's anything inherently gained by rebranding a title via a content update.

And I have it on good authority that Saoirse digs guys with big... Steam libraries. So a missed opportunity to add another title to the collection is more serious than people might think.

haikira

Thomas Was Alone
headeryquhh.jpg

Also here's a Thomas Was Alone key. Don't need to quote me. Just click quote to reveal the key.

Is it really that scary?

Personally, I think there are games more scary out there. But yeah, it definitely has a reputation for a reason! Play in the dark, with headphones, for a really awesome time.

JaseC

And I have it on good authority that Saoirse digs guys with big... Steam libraries. So a missed opportunity to add another title to the collection is more serious than people might think.

Come to think of it, I wonder if she has a Steam account. Probably not. :(

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Steam is downloading a BioShock 2 update. I'm sure Grief already investigated what it's about, so now I'll scan the last few pages of the thread to see if he already talked about it. Right now I'm inclined to believe that it is actually happening, and he was right all along.

You break my heart, Rio - I quite seriously thought of you when the reality of me having to head back to Opera hit home... but the attraction of 15's 'Chrome-ness' was too much to overlook. I can certainly understand why Opera diehards (which I was, pre-Chrome) don't like this Opera 'Next' direction, though - I will admit I had to install a 'traditional' bookmark extension before I could settle in completely, too.

#teamshunnedbyrionaa - lonely, desolate team.

Anyway, so this is vaguely on-topic: v4.2 of Enhanced Steam, Chrome edition, working like a boss with Opera 15.
Haha, it's OK. People like Chrome, so I can see how they may like Opera 15 too. I hate it because it removed everything I liked about Opera, which was the reason I've been using it instead of any other browser for the last 12 years or so. They took away notes, download manager, tab management, tons of customization options, bookmarks and probably many other things that I don't know because I haven't installed it and never will (though I've read about it, I'm not hating it just because!) Same with the mobile version: I installed the new one and had to roll back to the previous one, because it had ruined many things and there was no point in using it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom