• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

For those that already have an Oculus Rift and think to yourself "I really wish I could look more ridiculous."

z6J7GHd.jpg

Its hideous.

Salsa

I heard game hosts were booting out their partners just before jumping into the van at the end. Is this true? Clearly he crashed your game.

well it wasnt a kick, game just crapped out to desktop

it happened once before in the beta playing offline so I doubt it

Bad wording or time to panic?

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/pc-games/age-of-empires-online-info

Games for Windows Live will be discontinued on July 1, 2014. Although it is available through Steam, Age of Empires Online requires features of the Games for Windows Live service. You can continue to enjoy all the features of Age of Empires Online as the service will remain 100% operational until July 1, 2014 when the server will shut down. Please visit the Age of Empires Online forums for additional details.

fantomena

Does this mean GFWL dies July 1, 2014? oO

I just sent Enhanced Steam 4.0 to Mozilla for review. Fixes a few bugs, adds a few new features from the Chrome version.

The usual.

What kind of feaures do you plan to add to Enhanced Steam in the future if Valve don't recruit you?

Gabe get you're ass up and call shackles!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Shucks, missed an Amnesia giveaway. I think I'll just pay the BTA since it's not a lot.

I despise jump scares but I heard that's not the focus of the game so it's cool.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
It was pulled because they jumped the gun on the embargo, not because of the score.

Derrick01

Banned
Oh. Do I smell another Gerstmann-gate? Let's hope not.

No because no one cares about that game. And it looks like it kinda deserves that score.

I hope he sticks to his guns unless he was factually wrong about stuff in the review. I didn't read it so I don't know.

I heard game hosts were booting out their partners just before jumping into the van at the end. Is this true? Clearly he crashed your game.

It's happened to me a few times. I've taken a break from Payday for a while; it's a fantastic game but the community can be awful sometimes. Day one I had people kicking me because I wasn't a high enough level, which slowly turned into people demanding we grind a specific mission, which has evolved into booting everyone before finishing the game.

No because no one cares about that game. And it looks like it kinda deserves that score.

I hope he sticks to his guns unless he was factually wrong about stuff in the review. I didn't read it so I don't know.

It's a good review that mostly backs up the score. That said, I'm sure other outlets are going to give it a 6/7. Four point five is rather harsh from what I read, it seems to just be a misguided and halfhearted yet entirely competent game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What kind of feaures do you plan to add to Enhanced Steam in the future if Valve don't recruit you?

Gabe get you're ass up and call shackles!

I've been working for quite some time adding previously-Chrome-only features to Firefox and that monumental task should be completed soon. I have plans on releasing the Firefox code open-source as well so that it can be better maintained and can stay up to date with the Chrome version going forward.

New features are tricky to predict, but I plan on adding a lot of new stuff to the Library tab that's available in the client, including sorting options, different views (such as grid view) and more.

Even if GabeN takes his sweet time getting around to call me (I know he's at Gamescom this week) I still have plenty to do. I've got a part time person coming in that will be doing some database data entry work, starting with adding the HLTB entries. If that works out, there are a lot of other things I've thought "That'd be cool to integrate if they had an API" that I may try to take on.

Of course, we could wake up tomorrow and the Steam store could be completely overhauled to v6 in which case I'd have to probably start over from scratch on a lot of features. Though I would hope that if they were going to take the time to overhaul the store they'd at least add some of Enhanced Steam's features.

r3n4ud

No one cares? It sits #4 on Steam's top sellers.

We're trusting people on Reddit now?

It was a screen grab of the cached version which is now no longer up. Be cynical if you want but it looks like Destructoid accidentally broke the review embargo and then tried to quickly pull their review but people caught it.

Not a terribly surprising review, I'm interested to see what the rest of the enthusiast press has to say.

Derrick01

Banned
It means people are interested if they buy it derrick...

It goes by revenue not number of purchases. A $50-$60 game requires less purchases to push it to the top over a bunch of other games on there that are cheaper. Like I said when it releases wait to see what the peak numbers are to get a better idea.

r3n4ud

It goes by revenue not number of purchases. A $50-$60 game requires less purchases to push it to the top over a bunch of other games on there that are cheaper. Like I said when it releases wait to see what the peak numbers are to get a better idea.

Okay, now I see where your coming from. Sorry.

My English to French comprehension is tough at times :/

derExperte

To say that no one cares is still wrong. It's XCOM so fans will have a look. They may not care after release when it's rubbish but I know enough people who are interested.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Wait so even the basic features of GFWL will be totally dead? Meaning no Dark Souls or base Dawn of War 2 online without patches?

Street Fighter 4 is dumping GFWL thankfully. With Dark Souls getting a sequel and the original never getting a Durante-free graphics patch, its probably hopeless.

I'm guessing they will work as long as the service is up, like regular Xbox Live for the Original Xbox.

I doubt we'll ever see a new release using GFWL.

Supposedly the review embargo for The Bureau: Declassified is up at 9pm tonight, roughly half an hour after the game releases on Steam. Looking at the pre-order reward tiers, at least people will get the Xcom pack, which includes Enemy Unknown, and Spec-Ops, so that's something.

But this just shows why you shouldn't pre-order. Both Spec-Ops and Xcom: Enemy Unknown could be bought for less than half the price of The Bureau during the summer sale.

Phinor

So uh, Brazilian VPN services, anyone have experience with those?

We can only hope that they don't suddenly decide to add "onlyallowrunincountries" as well.

Derrick01

Banned

It's all good. That's my only language and I can't understand seemingly half of what's said here lol.

To say that no one cares is still wrong. It's XCOM so fans will have a look. They may not care after release when it's rubbish but I know enough people who are interested.

I like Xcom but that doesn't mean I'm going to buy a third person shooter just because it has the name on it. That's not what Xcom is.

HoosTrax

I'm curious how that ties into Microsoft's hiring of Jason Holtman. Have they given up on GFWL as it related to AAA PC gaming, and if they're moving more towards an App store type of deal.

r3n4ud

I'm quite excited for the game personaly. Preload done and I'm ready to jump in. Could not care less how it gets reviewed.

So a friend of mine called me and told me he bought a game. And he really really hates this game because it was expensive and he expected an amnesia-type game.

The game was Gone Home. So he asked me to come over to play it and he wanted to know what i think of it. And after playing it for 1 hour... i think it was something special. But nothing that could called a game. It was more an interactive-exploration-with-story-type.

Overall i wouldnt recommend it for everyone because it has no game elements, has nearly no puzzles, is 1 hour long and you may get something you didnt expected. I didnt cried like i did in Flowers but the game gave me goosebumps and that is something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom