• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So uh, Brazilian VPN services, anyone have experience with those?

We can only hope that they don't suddenly decide to add "onlyallowrunincountries" as well.

Why is everybody worried about keys being country coded to Brazil all of the sudden? I don't think there has ever been a key locked to Brazil only ever on Steam so far.

HoosTrax

Um, guys... wut?

02v0xiL.png

http://store.steampowered.com/news/?feed=all

EDIT: Looks like a Steamworks developer trolling since they can now post to the news feed. I wonder if Valve will do anything...?
*examines closely*

Well...it doesn't say stearnpowered...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
*examines closely*

Well...it doesn't say stearnpowered...

Visit Steam -> News Section on homepage (towards bottom) -> "See All" -> Click on "All News" to the right.

It's there... it's just... not real.

Actiss

Sorry if this was discussed before (I didn't see anything about it). I used this link to install the Rayman Legends Demo: steam://install/243340...

...and the demo uses uPlay. I guess it's safe to assume that the full game will as well, even thought it's not currently listed on the store page. In the end it's not shocking, but I was hoping that they'd keep Legends DRM-free as they did with Origins.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
From guy at Valve:

No, this is not official, nor was it posted by a Valve employee. The "All news" feed includes announcements from 3rd party developers now, and it seems someone took advantage of that power for evil.
I have plans to make it more clear which game these announcements are coming from, but for now you can click on the announcement's title to go to the actual post in it's corresponding game hub. In this case the author deleted it, but you get the idea.

Fireblend

Banned
Sorry if this was discussed before (I didn't see anything about it). I used this link to install the Rayman Legends Demo: steam://install/243340...

...and the demo uses uPlay. I guess it's safe to assume that the full game will as well, even thought it's not currently listed on the store page. In the end it's not shocking, but I was hoping that they'd keep Legends DRM-free as they did with Origins.

Yeah. A tad disappointing, specially since I was looking forward to check the leadeboards once more people here started playing it.

Oh well. Still, might be my GOTY2013 and such a minor detail will not sour me on the game!

Some stuff I have been playing:

Mark Of The Ninja - first 3 levels. Very fun so far, I am not completely in love with it but it's fun to play. Sometimes it seems very ummm... dark? And I have cranked my brightness all the way up. I don't know what I am not so much a fan of, maybe the cutscenes? It is pretty solid game and I want to play it just now again (after my hands are healed from those two games under this)

Rayman Origins - Goddamn is this the best looking platformer or what? It's BE-AU-TI-FUL. The platforming itself is great fun too, sometimes I just can't seem to get the glide to trigger though heh... Tons of stuff to do there, can't wait. Oh and it's hard! Not Rayman 1 hard but close!

Super Meat Boy - Everyone has played this already, but I only played the first chapter with keyboard year or so ago before giving up but now I am back with a bang with a PS3 controller and easily navigated through the first world. Goooo platformer genre!

Someone remind me I must play System Shock 2 tomorrow or I'll never finish it.

Oh and I got a Hotline Miami booster, decided to open but not foils. I haven't got a single foil yet and I have gotten like 100 cards.

Crayons

Banned
- Protected against memory editing
- Enhanced texture quality
- No longer crashes on exit
- In the first level of the second chapter, the game no longer crashes
- Solved the glitch where Alyx would get stuck on the conveyor belt

jshackles

I really hope Valve takes action against this dev.

chugen

ha

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble! -- MB-A4AF5BA358F4B97A - Taken by SourCinnamon

Joe Molotov

A+++ troll, would read again.

HoosTrax

I really hope Valve takes action against this dev.
The maturity level (lack thereof) is kind of astounding for someone who's making their living off of the service.

---

I'm kind of sad for those GFWL games that have become abandonware, like Viva Pinata. At least games like Bioshock and Batman have active developers that can do something about the GFWL situation.

Tellaerin

Just checking, guys, but when GFWL goes offline, there will be no way to play games that use the DRM at all, short of piracy or playing on consoles?

I asked about this in the GFWL shutdown freakout thread, but no one answered. I don't see any reason why games that use profiles for saving would be affected as long as you create an offline profile for yourself (though obviously you're not going to be able to use online features or collect achievements), but people seem to be treating it as gospel that all GFWL games will be rendered completely unplayable by the shutdown, even if you've been playing with an offline profile all along. Why? I don't know.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The maturity level (lack thereof) is kind of astounding for someone who's making their living off of the service.

Bad assumption; I suspect when all is said and done, this person is someone who has pre-release Steamworks access as part of the Steamworks opening related to Greenlight. Or if not, that it's a random employee at a much larger developer or publisher.

jshackles

Bad assumption; I suspect when all is said and done, this person is someone who has pre-release Steamworks access as part of the Steamworks opening related to Greenlight. Or if not, that it's a random employee at a much larger developer or publisher.

The real question is: why did Valve decide to change the news feeds section in such a way that could allow this type of confusion / abuse.

Milamber

Well shit, coming back to the forum and seeing the Nuuvem SRIV region lock news is such a downer. Maybe I can get refunded if I use google translate.

Gbraga

Well shit, coming back to the forum and seeing the Nuuvem SRIV region lock news is such a downer. Maybe I can get refunded if I use google translate.

I can help you, the key isn't working then? PM me your message and I'll translate it to portuguese for you.

EDIT: Sorry for the dp

I asked about this in the GFWL shutdown freakout thread, but no one answered. I don't see any reason why games that use profiles for saving would be affected as long as you create an offline profile for yourself (though obviously you're not going to be able to use online features or collect achievements), but people seem to be treating it as gospel that all GFWL games will be rendered completely unplayable by the shutdown, even if you've been playing with an offline profile all along. Why? I don't know.

I'm not worried about the games I already have installed. What happens if I ever want to reinstall my game? If any of those games require server-side authentication then I will be screwed, and will probably have to download a cracked version. How is that good? I paid good money for a lot of these GFWL games, why should I have to through hoops to play "my" games?

Tellaerin

I'm not worried about the games I already have installed. What happens if I ever want to reinstall my game? If any of those games require server-side authentication then I will be screwed, and will probably have to download a cracked version. How is that good? I paid good money for a lot of these GFWL games, why should I have to through hoops to play "my" games?

I didn't say it was good. (Not really sure where I gave you that impression.) I'm just saying that maybe we're not going to be screwed as badly by this as some people seem to be assuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom