• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013-08-19_00010j7jtq.jpg

This would have sold me on the game had I any money left.

derExperte

Overall i wouldnt recommend it for everyone because it has no game elements, has nearly no puzzles, is 1 hour long and you may get something you didnt expected. I didnt cried like i did in Flowers but the game gave me goosebumps and that is something.

You can get more than one hour out of Gone Home though. It took me 2.5 to look everywhere and read almost everything. And yeah, if it clicks it clicks and while playing it at night totally alone it was surprisingly scary, the rain, the sudden thunder...

Derrick01

Banned
Goddamn, I hated Saints Row 3 so much, so why the hell am I suddenly tempted to buy 4?

I did too but I'm hoping the cries of "expansion pack" with 4 will mean it has a lot more content than 3 did. I can deal with having the same city, I just want more missions that aren't intros to activities and more side content.

I'm actually kind of looking forward to playing it tonight.

chugen

have fun

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dab Star -- MB-4D27B28FA0391DF3 - Taken by chronomac

Thanks for the game, chugen.

Now... take one give one, sort of :)

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super puzzle game with rats -- MB-C74362005E4B236C - Taken by adaen

Kifimbo

Saints Row IV being a great game is a tour de force. Volition had to deal with a lot of uncertainty (THQ situation). They also had to transform an expansion into a full game. Full credit to Jason Rubin for making that decision.

Just tried to cancel my Saints Row IV preorder, looks like I won't be playing the game for a while, I refuse to pay 50 euro for a game when the console version is 15 euro cheaper

AHA-Lambda

Does anyone happen to have played Cart Life? Is it worth buying over the free version for one extra character?

Also I heard the extra character Vinny doesn't have an ending, is this true? So you're in effect paying for an endless mode?

Gbraga

Does Saints Row IV look as good as The Third? I was mindblown by how good it surprisingly looked. Ran smooth as butter too, though that was probably me brute forcing it since I've seen many complains about it being poorly optimized.

Still hopeful X-Com turns out well, don't really trust Jim's opinions on games other than CoD when games like Resident Evil 6 get a 3(he called Operation Raccoon a better shooter) and Vanquish a 5. Don't generally care about scores but I feel his harsher ones are often full of misleading or downright false statements or a somewhat obvious lack of understanding for the underlying systems.

Then again, X-Com doesn't appear complex enough for those worries. Here's to hoping though.

And I won't be buying it but where is the cheapest place for Saints now that Nuuvem codes are revealed to be region locked?
Can one use a VPN to activate the code or can you only play in that region?

Just a PSA, Valve fixed their cock-up with Sir, You Are Being Hunted. The game had a store page entry but the app wasn't uploaded, so you could buy it but then there was nothing to download. The game is now available for download. I'm am downloading it now.
Download.

Grief.exe

Just a PSA, Valvve fixed their cock-up with Sir, You Are Being Hunted. The game had a store page entry but the app wasn't uploaded, so you could buy it but then there was nothing to download. The game is now available for download. I'm am downloading it now.
Download.

Awesome, let us know how the game is.

I'm going to wishlist it, can't afford all of these titles!

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Question folks, when trading TF2 keys for games (be they for russian versions, ROW or whatever) as you are receiving an actual game/gift rather than redeeming a key they can usually be added to your library ok cant they ? Or is there any way to tell if there's a restriction on the steamdb.info entries ?

Megasoum

Banned
So none of the big 3 games coming out tomorrow are unlocking early in another region? I was hoping to flex my proxy muscles to be able to at least play one of them tonight.

jediyoshi

Question folks, when trading TF2 keys for games (be they for russian versions, ROW or whatever) as you are receiving an actual game/gift rather than redeeming a key they can usually be added to your library ok cant they ? Or is there any way to tell if there's a restriction on the steamdb.info entries ?

You're receiving a gifted/inventory copy that'll stick in your inventory until you commit it to your account. Not sure of a way to identify it specifically, should probably just ask the trader

Megasoum

Banned
You're receiving a gifted/inventory copy that'll stick in your inventory until you commit it to your account. Not sure of a way to identify it specifically, should probably just ask the trader

You see the name in your account detail (the transcation history) but I'm not sure if it appears there once you receive the gift or once you redeem it.

Sajjaja

Just looking through my games and Street Fighter X Tekken said this, what does that mean?

Game can only be activated at one computer at a time. You will have to deauthorize that computer in order to install it onto another.

EDIT: Or I'm totally wrong because I misread that and catabarez is probably right.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
From the GFWL shutdown FAQs:

Will I be able to purchase Games for Windows Live games in other marketplaces now that Games for Windows Live titles are no longer available on Xbox.com?

Games for Windows Live titles published by Microsoft are no longer available for purchase from any marketplace. For other titles, please check directly with the title’s publishers.

Does this mean that games which are published by Microsoft and use GFWL are going to be pulled from Steam soon? My searches turned up the following:

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Age of Empires Online
Fable III
Iron Brigade
Toy Soldiers
Microsoft Flight

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

You see the name in your account detail (the transcation history) but I'm not sure if it appears there once you receive the gift or once you redeem it.

The traders usually say what version a game is anyway. I know a mate of mine traded keys for Rayman Legends and that was a russian copy which he was able to add to his library ok as there were no restrictions.

Basically as the Saints Row IV keys are region locked I'm wondering if you can actually add gifted copies to your account ok after a trade. Just hoping my refund/cancellation comes through from Nuuvem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom