• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbraga

Go crazy, kids. All certified GFWL-free!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

The Binding of Isaac -- MB-E22A29F09D7E0726 - Taken by Timedog
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-EEDE26CB7E7C657D - Taken by SmarterUnconscious
Bastion -- MB-9A0A2197321939AF - Taken by Row
Dustforce -- MB-2C25AC235FA91E6B - Taken by super-famicom
Cortex Command -- MB-68F3A797020E47F9
Cave Story Plus -- MB-B05E108BD92AAB47 - Taken by Darkroronoa
The Basement Collection -- MB-97502BFE06276A6A - Taken by chugen

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Go crazy, kids. All certified GFWL-free!

Awesome! Entered for Dustforce - hope I win!!!

As for GFWL - I wonder if Fable III will ever get it patched out. The presence of both GFWL and Securom is the sole reason I've never purchased it on PC.

Kifimbo

Started playing Stacking. I think I hate it. Hate walking endlessly around looking for the doll I need to complete a puzzle.

Nuuvem have come out to say that they will give worldwide keys to everyone who preordered...

Of course I asked them to cancel my preorder, I'm just not having a good day today

Some SR IV screens I took (steam screenshot quality):

Also, yes, this game is amazing.

Does it run the same or better than saints row 3 (your gpu + framerate would be nice to know:p)

Was the shooting and driving at all improved, both were really weak in sr3 especially the shooting.

Also after playing some sr3 coop last week (hadn't played since released) I was kind of shocked at how badly the game has aged graphically, does the new one look a bit more up to date? (hard to tell from your screenshots)
Also does it still suffer from as poor a draw distance and as much lod pop in as sr3

Turfster

Started playing Stacking. I think I hate it. Hate walking endlessly around looking for the doll I need to complete a puzzle.

What. You can complete puzzles in multiple ways, with different dolls. Most of the dolls you need aren't very far from the problem either.

justjim89

Ugh, I've had a La-Mulana foil on the market for almost a week now and still no takers. I've lowered the asking price quite a few times. I just want my free money!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Might have something to do with 99.9% of their sales coming from international people looking for a bargain price ;)

Or asking for a refund when they found out that it would be region-locked.

Might have something to do with 99.9% of their sales coming from international people looking for a bargain price ;)

True, but they had every right to turn round and say "Sorry, but we're a Brazilian reseller so it was always a risk" and taken the money with no real issue, and tbh nobody could blame them. And its not like they want to get MORE international buyers, since it just leads to headaches like this.

kevin1025

Banned
Ugh, I've had a La-Mulana foil on the market for almost a week now and still no takers. I've lowered the asking price quite a few times. I just want my free money!

The undercutting has gotten nuts. I put up a Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack booster pack, at the time it was $1.53. Now, 24 hours later, it's been undercut all the way down to $0.51. That's just crazy.

justjim89

The undercutting has gotten nuts. I put up a Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack booster pack, at the time it was $1.53. Now, 24 hours later, it's been undercut all the way down to $0.51. That's just crazy.

No, there hasn't been anyone lowering their price besides me. One hasn't been sold since July 31.

derExperte

Just mentioned it in the SRIV OT, but looks like Nuuvem are honouring international purchases: http://forum.nuuvem.com.br/topic/1587-saints-row-iv-key/?p=16695/

Damn fine of them, considering they really have no reason to. Guess this will give them some great PR with Brazilian gamers though.

Sounds almost like we'll get two keys.

True but even the Steam version of the game uses GFWL

I thought when you start it you can chose between GFWL and Steamworks?

zkylon

zkylewd
hope nuuvem somehow delivers the keys tomorrow

edit: just checked, they changed the date on the key activation box thingie from 23 to 20 so hooray :)

GFWL deleted by Batman: Arkham City save ;-;

I don't know when I'll go back to it, still kind of devastated. Was really close to the end and did a ton of optional stuff.

jshackles

I thought when you start it you can chose between GFWL and Steamworks?

Would be awesome if someone could confirm this so I can take it off of my (personal) "oh shit" list.

If true, I suspect it will be really easy for them to patch it out completely in a future update.

Hmm so if I buy it now, Ill be good with a ROW key?

Possibly. They way they word it it sounds like any sold up to release will get a ROW key, but they are speaking English as a second language from some of the phrases used so it could be tempting fate twice.

Sounds almost like we'll get two keys.

Again, could be a mistranslation. I originally thought that, but it could also mean that they managed to get enough ROW keys to cover pre-orders, then after release they'll start using region locked stock.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Modbot policy update: The "my loot" command now reports BOTH what you've won for ModBot, and any unclaimed keys you've offered to ModBot. This will be useful if no one claims a key and you want to go back and nuke it. Or because you can't keep track of all the stuff you're giving away!!!! WOW, so generous! Also useful if you want to repost stuff because it got lost in the shuffle. Remember when you repost keys, generate a new giveaway, don't just quote the original. :)

Free-for all giveaways of old unclaimed keys!
In accordance with this feature being made available, effective end of September any unclaimed keys that are more than a month old will be given away in a free-for-all. In other words, October 1st, any key submitted before September 1st and not claimed will be given away. The giveaway will be by ModBot. It will have no rules. You will not receive credit for the giveaway. I do keep a debug log and I don't prune the giveaway database, but basically the records attached to the key will be updated to a new giveaway. In general, I estimate that most of these keys will be near-worthless junk (wow, another Origin code for Medal of Honor!!! Just my luck~~~) but it is possible that some stuff of value might be there.

How does this impact you:
- I generated a giveaway but never posted it: The giveaway was still generated. The key will be given away. If the key is still valid and you do not want to give it away anymore, please nuke the key.

- I generated a giveaway, but because no one claimed it I gave it away some other way: No harm, no foul. The free-for-all giveaway will note that some keys may be already activated. If you choose to nuke the keys, thanks.

- I generated a giveaway but now I regret it and want to keep the key and for some reason it's been a month and I still haven't claimed it or sold it but HOW DARE YOU give away my key: Please either nuke the key or PM me and I can nuke all your keys

- I generated a giveaway with an obviously junk key to test stuff LOL: Thanks, you have made extra work for me. But you don't need to do anything.

I hope everyone agrees this is a fair and equitable way to proceed and that this is ample warning. The details of this change are also posted in the ModBot rules thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom