• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Obviously at the top of my wishlist for GFWL removal is Fallout 3 - which I mentioned in a recent interview.

I know there is a fan-made mod that patches out GFWL, but at that point you may as well download the pirated version.

Nymphae

Banned
I just finished watching the Giant Bomb quick look for Saints Row 4, and now I really don't feel like getting it at full price. Jeff's comment about it feeling like a mod of SR3 seems spot on, I think I'll wait for the next Steam sale.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I hope everyone agrees this is a fair and equitable way to proceed and that this is ample warning. The details of this change are also posted in the ModBot rules thread.

Perfectly fair. People wanted to give their keys away or they wouldn't be registered in the first place. No use letting them rot.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Perfectly fair. People wanted to give their keys away or they wouldn't be registered in the first place. No use letting them rot.

That's my sense, but I also wanted there to be a fairly easy way for people to change their mind because they are reverse-Grinches and their hearts shrink two sizes this day. :)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Orion: Dino hoard is on sale.

Yeah? or nay?

Run bro

7v9X2Re.png

hCBFF071D

derExperte

I just finished watching the Giant Bomb quick look for Saints Row 4, and now I really don't feel like getting it at full price. Jeff's comment about it feeling like a mod of SR3 seems spot on, I think I'll wait for the next Steam sale.

Now that the Nuuvem situation has been cleared up you can buy it there, I don't think it'll be much cheaper during the next sale on Steam.

Kifimbo

Modbot policy update: The "my loot" command now reports BOTH what you've won for ModBot, and any unclaimed keys you've offered to ModBot. This will be useful if no one claims a key and you want to go back and nuke it. Or because you can't keep track of all the stuff you're giving away!!!! WOW, so generous! Also useful if you want to repost stuff because it got lost in the shuffle. Remember when you repost keys, generate a new giveaway, don't just quote the original. :)

How the my loot command works exactly ? Send a message to ModBot with register in the title and my loot in the message ?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Modbot policy update:
Good work, I think this is fair. One question, will the keys go up all at once and if so, what time? Want to make sure I don't miss it! Actually there's another question, any chance of making the big giveaway a raffle or would that just overload Modbot? Might make it less dependent on being there at the moment it goes up.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
How the my loot command works exactly ? Send a message to ModBot with register in the title and my loot in the message ?

Send a PM to ModBot with my loot in the title
body doesn't matter

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617641

Good work, I think this is fair. One question, will the keys go up all at once and if so, what time? Want to make sure I don't miss it! Actually there's another question, any chance of making the big giveaway a raffle or would that just overload Modbot? Might make it less dependent on being there at the moment it goes up.

I haven't decided those answers yet and a lot of them are going to depend on the content of the raffle. If it's 37 unclaimed Cogs keys, I probably will just do whatever is the least amount of work. If it's a wide variety of stuff that slipped through the cracks, I'll probably do in batches and give ample warning. I am sensitive to user desires for this stuff :)

jshackles

That's kind of a leap.

True, after looking into the tool in question it doesn't seem as bad as it was when the game was released. Seems like they've dumbed it down to a simple toggle. Which make me wonder, especially with the impending doom of GFWL, why it hasn't been officially patched out yet.

#Griefbait

BibiMaghoo

It is free for 5 days, look in your library

Don't want to download it if it is really bad, if good, I'll buy it at that price.

Nay Nay Nay
Though I have heard that it might be so bad it's good.

I think a lot of the problem comes from:

I think this was the damage before it was pulled from steam and 'remade'. I remember some scuffle about it when it came out. People raged about...Something.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I haven't decided those answers yet and a lot of them are going to depend on the content of the raffle. If it's 37 unclaimed Cogs keys, I probably will just do whatever is the least amount of work. If it's a wide variety of stuff that slipped through the cracks, I'll probably do in batches and give ample warning. I am sensitive to user desires for this stuff :)
Ok! I guess that there's going to be a bunch of repeats, especially for stuff like the Origin bundle, but I can't shake the feeling tgere's a diamond in the rough :) will trust your judgement!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Send a PM to ModBot with my loot in the title
body doesn't matter

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617641

Could you possibly edit in a link in that thread like there is at the top of giveaways that takes you directly to PMing ModBot? Would just be nice for convenience. I actually never manually PMd anyone before ModBot, so it was initially confusing. Not that learning is bad, but it certainly took longer than clicking a name. =p

Edit: Thanks!

Can anyone who played Analogue a Hate Story tell me where the save file for the game is? It transfers over to Hate Plus it seems and I think I'll have to hook up my old computer to move it over.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Okay so Steam is still always telling me that game downloads will be twice what they actually are. Today before work I said goodbye to 40GB of HD space and set Hitman and Van Helsing downloading, now I get home and see it was only 20GB. What is the deal?

Okay so Steam is still always telling me that game downloads will be twice what they actually are. Today before work I said goodbye to 40GB of HD space and set Hitman and Van Helsing downloading, now I get home and see it was only 20GB. What is the deal?

Maybe it's like PSN where you need close to double the space at first while it decompresses files during the installation process.

Great work Stumpokapow. All seems perfectly fair.

Using my loot does present an issue though. It says I have four unclaimed keys like anti chamber. I know these were taken.

I'll nuke them, but people should check.

Turfster

Pretty sure Steam tells you the space the games will take on disc, not the size of the download.
Van Helsing is a 9 gig download that extracts to about 19 gigs.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Free-for all giveaways of old unclaimed keys!
So you're saying I shouldn't give those 2 steam keys for Mirror's Edge and Dead Space that were unclaimed to other people.

Pretty sure Steam tells you the space the games will take on disc, not the size of the download.
Van Helsing is a 9 gig download that extracts to about 19 gigs.
Sounds like real efficient data structuring there.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So you're saying I shouldn't give those 2 steam keys for Mirror's Edge and Dead Space that were unclaimed to other people.

Do whatever you want. The free-for-all will make it very clear that a lot of the keys will probably be already claimed. But if you have the time, it'd be nice to nuke the keys if you choose to gift them away using another method.

Using my loot does present an issue though. It says I have four unclaimed keys like anti chamber. I know these were taken.

I'll check into it, I think it's an issue with some earlier giveaways where stuff wasn't quite working. I'll be weeding out most of the apparent garbage in short order.

Awesome, let us know how the game is.

I'm going to wishlist it, can't afford all of these titles!

Alright, here's my initial impressions off of my first 20 minute long life.

For a game with such a stylised, cartoon-y aesthetic, Sir, You Are Being Hunted is pretty intense and kind of scary. I jump when I get shot at and get startled by the weird electronic hum and chatter the robots generate. Which is your cue to try and not get shot at, like I did

To answer my own questions about the game, the end goal isn't mere survival, ultimately it's escape. You're trapped on a five island archipelago across which there are scattered twenty five pieces of a mystery device. Once found and assembled this device will allow you to escape. That really wasn't made clear in any of the walkthrough videos of Sir I watched.

Initially I thought this game's world generation was going to be similar to Minecraft, you pick a biome type, make a world and go. In Sir you can choose a biome per island, which is pretty neat. Currently there's three or four to pick, I went with Fens, Rural and Moutain.

The game starts you off by a savepoint with one device piece, some rags for bandages and a pair of binoculars. You can only save by these lodestones or a boat (that you use to travel to another island), you cannot save while bleeding or starving. Oh and your vitality meter starts ticking down right away. The rate your vitality drops is kind of ridiculous, you basically have to constantly eat to keep it up but I guess it dictates the pacing at which you need to forage and explore. Adds some pressure to make you explore a village despite it being patrolled by a pack of hunting rifle-toting robo-British country gents.

Your main goal is to wander the islands, looking for columns of rising smoke, these are device pieces. But to be able to do this you constantly have to forage for food, weapons and supplies along the way. Currently that's limited to downed enemies and walking up to a the door of a house and pressing e (based off of my limited play time). You don't actually enter the building, you just interact with it at a door. I've read that they are working on adding interiors of buildings but they don't want separate instances for this (like interiors in Skyrim for example). They're going to try and make it so that the open world and building interior are int he same instance. Currently that's not the case.

You've got limited inventory space, those device pieces can take up roughly 1/4 of your entire inventory and those pieces need to be deposited at a save point, perhaps just the lodestones.

Sir has a stealth system similar to Thief, you have a visibility gauge in the HUD and sound plays a huge role in avoiding confrontations. You can find weapons and traps but based off of my botched attempt at hatcheting a hunter I failed to evade, it's something you want to avoid.

Sorry for the scattered, kind of rambling stream of thought. It's a little rough around the edges, but Sir looks like it could be something amazing.

zkylon

zkylewd
Can anyone who played Analogue a Hate Story tell me where the save file for the game is? It transfers over to Hate Plus it seems and I think I'll have to hook up my old computer to move it over.

C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Analogue

replace "tom" for your own name

(win 7)

Freezard

I really hope AoE: Online isn't being shutdown completely next year, it sounds like it in the news post though. I liked the game, want to play it more in the future :(

Man I just played ORION: Dino Horde and now I see why it's free all week. Normally I'm all for games that are so bad they're good, especially when dinosaurs are involved, but this game... no so much. :/

Lint21

Neo Member
anyone know if I buy SR4 from GMG right now if they are sending keys right away? would like to preload for 9PM PST tonight.

Tellaerin

Hate Plus has the best achievement ever.

I've never played any of Christine Love's VN's, but they sound interesting, and I'm tempted to check them out... but then I read the description of Hate Plus on Steam and I can't shake this feeling that the author's screwing with me and the whole game's going to turn out to be some sort of elaborate troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom