• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

All three eXceed games have cards now.

Man, gun bullet children is... extremely low res.

Also, what the hell is up with Japanese devs and "We've mapped accept and cancel to two keys on your keyboard, but they're not enter and escape. Have fun finding them!" Also who sets escape to quit the game completely?

Kumubou

Since when was Dungeon Fighter Online (F2P) unavailable to Steam users (in the USA?)

It shows up for me in Steam searches, but whenever I have tried to go to the game's page it redirects me to the store front.

I've never had this happen to me with another game.
The game's western servers got killed due to Nexon's massive mismanagement of the game.

Salsa

I was freaked out by this

i6KtJApVfLcS7.PNG

and then I realized its not DLC, but a full-game convert

huh

Salsa

idk if this was mentioned anywhere at all but: apparently Saints Row The Third DLC carries over to IV? when I went dress my characters I had all the stuff from the monster pack and I gave my char werewolf gloves

Megasoum

Banned
idk if this was mentioned anywhere at all but: apparently Saints Row The Third DLC carries over to IV? when I went dress my characters I had all the stuff from the monster pack and I gave my char werewolf gloves

Yeah I just think they integrated everything they had for 3 into 4.

Anustart

Why do I absolutely love Fallout NV and can barely stand Fallout 3?? I played New Vegas first about 3 years ago, then 3 afterwards. Never beat 3 either.

Derrick01

Banned
Why do I absolutely love Fallout NV and can barely stand Fallout 3?? I played New Vegas first about 3 years ago, then 3 afterwards. Never beat 3 either.

Because it's 10 times the RPG that 3 is. In gameplay and writing/storytelling.

The magic of Obsidian versus the trash that is Bethesda.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone else having trouble when trying to buy the Indie Royale bundle? I click Buy Now, choose Paypal, enter my email address, and when I finally click Purchase it gives me a "400 Bad Request" error.

Fuck this, I wanted Retrovirus :/

Hope it starts working again before the bundle is over or the price goes any higher.

So, if I were to get a Trackmania 2 game, which one should I get? I always wanted Canyon but 1) it wasn't on Steam, and 2) it was never on sale.

But now there's, what, three different ones? Did this kill the community for all of them, or is one more popular than the rest?

Help, SteamGAF!

Canyon has a healthy population still and it's the most fun imo.
It's easier to get into and more the campaign levels are more focused on racing line than making jumps and loops.

Lovely game.

Becuase you played new vegas first I guess.

For me it's the other way around.
I quite enjoyed fallout 3 but when I tried to start new vegas I just couldn't deal with the jank a second time, I put up with the first time but got tired of the fallout 3 formula during the broken steel dlc.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Is there a master list that shows what Steam games are available on Mac? I have one that was added that I can't pin down.

Too many damned games. ^_^

Reverse for me. Loved 3, Didn't care for New Vegas (Finished it though). New Vegas had better dialog in places, and better DLC but thats it.

The better mechanics, better writing, better characters, better everything. 3 was the first Fallout I played so I didn't come into it with any series baggage and expectations, but New Vegas just completely invalidates it.

Turfster

God damn it.
So the GMG key someone in the US bought for me is giving me the "Sorry, but the following items are not available for purchase in this country.Your purchase has been cancelled." error message when I try to add it here in Europe.

Am I royally screwed, or should I wait until it's closer to release date over here? (3 more days)

This is the last Deep Silver game I buy anyway. This shit is beyond ridiculous.

Did he review the xbox version of Witcher 2?

This makes no sense, you can go with Derrick's logic and say there are enough faults to decrease the score to 6, but that logic goes out the window with the MW3 review.

Just makes no sense. The only explanation comes down to taste, he enjoys games that are targeted to the lowest common denominator.
He's great for being a commenter, but sucks at being a reviewer.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
God damn it.
So the GMG key someone in the US bought for me is giving me the "Sorry, but the following items are not available for purchase in this country.Your purchase has been cancelled." error message when I try to add it here in Europe.

Am I royally screwed, or should I wait until it's closer to release date over here? (3 more days)

This is the last Deep Silver game I buy anyway. This shit is beyond ridiculous.

It's a US key and it's region restricted to only be redeemable in the US.

You could use a VPN Service (basically a machine with an US IP address), connect to it, login on your Steam account on your machine (which is connected to the Internet through that VPN) and then redeem the game, because as far as Valve is concerned, you'll be connecting from the US.

Nobody has been banned for doing this (redeeming a key using a VPN), but it's technically against the TOS.

People only got banned for doing VPN stuff to BUY games, never to redeem serial keys.

Turfster

It's a US key and it's region restricted to only be redeemable in the US.
Sigh. I was afraid of that. Figured a european ESD would give a normal ESD key that would work...
Seriously Deep Silver, here's a big cordial fuck you.
If you didn't make games up to three times as expensive as elsewhere in the developed world, we wouldn't have to do shit like this.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Air is the new hotness.

I like the simplified overlay in Air, and a few of the changes they made to remove redundancies but overall I feel like it fell prey to one man's desire to cut too much. To each their own I suppose.

New metro lookin pretty sexy. Will give it a download and see if it works better for me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Announcements of pictures. Salsa taking pr lessons.

He learned from the Enhanced Steam video contest not to do videos any more...

*fire burnin' fire burnin' on the dance floor....*

Just finished The Adventures of Tintin. It's not on Steam, but it's been on sale Amazon DD for 2.49 a few times. It's a good time. The movement feels like a modified Prince of Persia classic, in a really nice way, and the combat stuff is super simple but never annoying. The characters lipsyncing in the cutscenes is hilarious though. Also it took me a little under 5 hours to blow through, which is exactly what I needed after playing Dragon Age 2 (the end of summer got really weird).

Worth checking out for 2.50 sometime. It's a great kids game too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom