• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTKT

I copied the folder to my Steam/skins folder, but it's not showing up in the drop down menu in Steam. Restarting Steam didn't fix it. Anyone know a solution?

You copied the "Metro for Steam - 3.0" folder? You just have to drag and drop that folder in Steam/skins

zkylon

zkylewd
sucks that x-com isn't getting good reviews, I was hoping it was gonna be at least a decent brothers in arms-ish game

I didn't like it turned it into a fps but this is pretty much the same and but the aesthetics seemed much better then and I was happy it was gonna be a horror game of sorts

PC version of X-Com The Bureau has Tessellation and Physx effects
bill-cosby.gif

Could be a great PC port, here's to hoping.

Holy shit, the PC version of X-Com uses Physx for destruction. Rubble and smoke effects everywhere *is in heaven*

Framerate is suspect though, seems like it might need patching. Then again I have AA and every effect cranked up. Still, shocked at how good it looks.

It has an FOV slider too which is awesome since they are almost never in TPS games.
Was shocked to see that.

Edit: Great lighting too, was not expecting this to be a looker at all but wow.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
More adventures in we never asked for this

EtyFIv0.png

This is great news.

Just finished The Adventures of Tintin. It's not on Steam, but it's been on sale Amazon DD for 2.49 a few times. It's a good time. The movement feels like a modified Prince of Persia classic, in a really nice way, and the combat stuff is super simple but never annoying. The characters lipsyncing in the cutscenes is hilarious though. Also it took me a little under 5 hours to blow through, which is exactly what I needed after playing Dragon Age 2 (the end of summer got really weird).

Worth checking out for 2.50 sometime. It's a great kids game too.

Tintin, along with King Kong, has been sitting in the registry for yonks, though. First comes being too lazy to send through a patch and now Ubi can't be arsed putting together a couple of store pages.

Grief.exe

I thought it was strange how The Bureau preview footage was always the console version.

If you got it, flaunt it. Show the PC version.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm crying here because i can't afford to play SR4
I can, but then my birthday is next month and I heave to leave something.

Funny thing is I'm going to play Pac-Man CE DX+ more than any game this year.

Salsa

ibhVoUiaWPe9Sr.png

president baller

gonna finish the Dishonored DLC before I keep going

also: it still has the same annoying issue Saints Row The Third had: if your 360 pad runs out of battery or for some reason loses connection; you have to revert to keyboard controls and (afaik) exit and re-enter the game with the 360 pad re-enabled to get it to work again.

Omega

Banned
For Metro 3.0 is there any way to change the colors?

This orange is annoying. I downloaded some settings thing that was also linked but I guess I'm doing something wrong because nothing changed, not even the font.

Baha

Groupees BeMine 9 is coming soon apparently: http://groupees.com/bm9
One of the mods in chat has confirmed the following:
- genres: shooter, rpg, strategy, racing game, adventure, platformer
- 6 of the 8 games in the core bundle are steam and there might be 4 bonus games, mod in chat wasn't 100% sure on that.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
For Metro 3.0 is there any way to change the colors?

This orange is annoying. I downloaded some settings thing that was also linked but I guess I'm doing something wrong because nothing changed, not even the font.

The settings app lets you change the highlight color.

EDIT: seems like more was added after I hit quote? Place it in the folder with the skin itself and it should work.

JaseC

Jase am cry

I spent a lifetime chasing 100% in-game completion, not achievement completion. ;) The highest achievement the game offers in regard to the former is 75%. I'm guessing there's not one for 100% because Avalanche knew it wouldn't have the time to ensure all the stat triggers were working correctly... which, in retrospect, was a good call since the game does indeed have a couple of bugs in that regard.

Salsa

weirdly enough Saints Row IV screenshots are still in before-release-date private mode, they wont show up on the activity feed

should get fixed later

JaseC

Yeah, no thanks!

I'll admit that I was a little miffed when I realised I was on track to unlock all of the achievements bar the two pertaining to completing the game on higher difficulties; getting them all would have been a nice bonus.

If I had to do every race, I'd have given up on it.

I didn't mind the side-missions, but blowing up the straggled sabotage structures and picking up the remaining scattered collectables was mind-numbing. I couldn't play the game for more than ~15 minutes at a time.

Grief.exe

I spent a lifetime chasing 100% in-game completion, not achievement completion. ;) The highest achievement the game offers in regard to the former is 75%. I'm guessing there's not one for 100% because Avalanche knew it wouldn't have the time to ensure all the stat triggers were working correctly... which, in retrospect, was a good call since the game does indeed have a couple of bugs in that regard.

I see, I assumed there was one for 100% competition that you were missing.

I bet they had an achievement for 100% completion originally, but took it out due to QA issues.

I bet they had an achievement for 100% completion originally, but took it out due to QA issues.

Beyond the bugged resources, there are just some cruelly difficult challenges that I just had to skip for my sanity's sake. Beating it on extreme difficulty was cake compared to some of the 3 star races.

I'll admit that I was a little miffed when I realised I was on track to unlock all of the achievements bar the two pertaining to completing the game on higher difficulties; getting them all would have been a nice bonus.

I didn't mind the side-missions, but blowing up the straggled sabotage structures and picking up the remaining scattered collectables was mind-numbing. I couldn't play the game for more than ~15 minutes at a time.

I had no trouble with any faction missions beyond the food truck one. But yeah, I think I ended at 76.xx% because of the pure tedium that was watching the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom