• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'll post some screenshots later; The Bureau looks incredible. Oh, and it has cards.
I'll have impressions when this download finni--

raKO5fE.png

-________________-

kennah

Haven't played much (spent about 10 minutes in the settings trying to get it to run at 60+ due to an issue with screen space reflection), but pretty well so far. Shooting is solid, cover works. Still amazed by the visuals.

Cool thanks. Really looking forward to playing it
when it goes on sale for $10

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd be down for King Kong.

King Kong didn't intrigue me at all until I discovered (recently, too) that it was an FPS. Tintin I'd like to play though... in fact, I think I do have it on Uplay.

Edit: 8GB seems for Tintin seems high.

Cool thanks. Really looking forward to playing it
when it goes on sale for $10

Sounds like a plan, hope you enjoy it then. I'm more than satisfied with my purchase so far.

Steam overlay isn't currently working, so I had to run do some weird stuff to grab this. Had a better one, but I forgot to change the resolution from 1200 to 1080. Almost glad Saints Row IV screwed me over, otherwise I would have waited to play this.

King Kong didn't intrigue me at all until I discovered (recently, too) that it was an FPS. Tintin I'd like to play though... in fact, I think I do have it on Uplay.

Tintin was just a great pallate cleanser after playing Dragon Age 2, and thinking back to the combat fatigue I had with that, and Bioshock Infinite. Games like that and Mini Ninjas are a great change of pace from stuff like that, though Mini Ninjas was a bit drawn out. Tintin sitting at 5ish hours was the perfect length for what I needed. Plus it's fun.

Sounds like a plan, hope you enjoy it then. I'm more than satisfied with my purchase so far.

Steam overlay isn't currently working, so I had to run do some weird stuff to grab this. Had a better one, but I forgot to change the resolution from 1200 to 1080. Almost glad Saints Row IV screwed me over, otherwise I would have waited to play this.

Holy cow. I need this video game. That looks so lovely.
ipQuXG9GegIrU.png

look at me im playing the bureau
1ijgwb5.gif

JaseC

Tintin was just a great pallate cleanser after playing Dragon Age 2, and thinking back to the combat fatigue I had with that, and Bioshock Infinite. Games like that and Mini Ninjas are a great change of pace from stuff like that, though Mini Ninjas was a bit drawn out. Tintin sitting at 5ish hours was the perfect length for what I needed. Plus it's fun.

Yeah, I recall a few people being pleasantly surprised by the game.

Smash88

Banned
ByTyKj3.jpg

Dat PhysX. Sorry for the shitty screenshot, Steam does weird things to it.

Honestly though, this game needs new video card drivers. On my Titan I'm getting 32fps looking at that ball of PhysX and 40-60 every where else. This game needs optiimization and we need graphic drivers ASAP.

neoism

I spent a lifetime chasing 100% in-game completion, not achievement completion. ;) The highest achievement the game offers in regard to the former is 75%. I'm guessing there's not one for 100% because Avalanche knew it wouldn't have the time to ensure all the stat triggers were working correctly... which, in retrospect, was a good call since the game does indeed have a couple of bugs in that regard.

damn lol I got like 52 hours played never beat the first mission just moded it and fucked around for that entire time lol... :p

JaseC

damn lol I got like 52 hours played never beat the first mission just moded it and fucked around for that entire time lol... :p

I had a similar experience with Skyrim. I bought the game solely because of the dragons, but I never reached the point of the main quest line where they randomly spawn, so throughout the ~85 hours I spent travelling the world, the only dragon I ever happened upon was the one at the very beginning!

Forge is now Free To Play? or is it a different game?

It's the same game, but gift copies/retail keys will still tether it to one's account, which means they'll be worth $$$ soon enough.

Honestly though, this game needs new video card drivers. On my Titan I'm getting 32fps looking at that ball of PhysX and 40-60 every where else. This game needs optiimization and we need graphic drivers ASAP.

Turn off the screen spaced reflections.

Anyone official acknowledge that SRIV doesn't download the executable for a while yet? Kind of irritated about it, only time that's happened to me before was with... *shudder* Colonial Marines.

I loved just parachuting around and hijacking planes when I first started. All achievement hunting did was ruin the joy of the game.

So my advice is

6uWVdVb.gif

Smash88

Banned
Turn off the screen spaced reflections.

Anyone official acknowledge that SRIV doesn't download the executable for a while yet? Kind of irritated about it, only time that's happened to me before was with... *shudder* Colonial Marines.

What's screen spaced reflections do and why does it cripple my Titan that much?

I had a similar experience with Skyrim. I bought the game solely because of the dragons, but I never reached the point of the main quest line where they randomly spawn, so throughout the ~85 hours I spent travelling the world, the only dragon I ever happened upon was the one at the very beginning of the game!

It's the same game, but gift copies/retail keys will still tether it to one's account, which means they'll be worth $$$ soon enough.
How can you play Skyrim for so long without advancing in the main plot? Mods?

ByTyKj3.jpg

Turn off screen space reflections, the setting is seemingly bugged. I went from the 20s to a nearly constant 60 FPS with a GTX670.

Smash88

Banned
Heh, I honestly couldn't tell the difference. I'm sure there is one but the framerate hit is so absurd it's not worth it. Then again given the framerate drop it's possible the entire graphical option is bust.

It'll be ok.

Interested to see how it looks on console now.

Yeah I guess. It seems a new Nvidia driver needs to be released in order for it to be fixed. It is pretty insane in the hit I get from it on versus off.

I'll be interested to see what's in the next Groupees bundle, but I have to admit the last Be Mine bundle didn't really interest me until they added Primordia as the final bonus.

Omega

Banned
I'm not sure if anyone plays CS in this thread and I asked in the OT but since that thread is dead no one answered

My mic doesn't work in this game. It's the only game it doesn't work with. I don't know if that's because when I had installed CS GO I didn't have my mic setup. It sounds unlikely but at the same time, it's the only thing I can think of as to why it won't work on this game.

Deques

Modbot policy update: The "my loot" command now reports BOTH what you've won for ModBot, and any unclaimed keys you've offered to ModBot. This will be useful if no one claims a key and you want to go back and nuke it. Or because you can't keep track of all the stuff you're giving away!!!! WOW, so generous! Also useful if you want to repost stuff because it got lost in the shuffle. Remember when you repost keys, generate a new giveaway, don't just quote the original.

Tried the my loot command. 36 claimed keys/gifts >.< I am too greedy

Finally.

kRU1e9e.png

That Reaper food truck faction mission "Check the Menu" will haunt my dreams.

It only took you 78 hours to complete all achievements?

Dice

Tried the my loot command. 36 claimed keys/gifts >.< I am too greedy
It's more that you are mind-bogglingly fast to the point I have sometimes thought you live on the shitter F5ing this thread.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm still pissed that all the cool clothing in Saints Row IV is behind a stupid store that I have to physically go though.

Not only that, the available clothes are store dependant.

Just give me a place where I can clothe myself at will and save presets.

You seem further than me Smash, have you received any achievements yet with the overlay issues? I'm unlocking cards so I'm hoping they still unlock despite the broken overlay and black screenshots.

JaseC

I'm still pissed that all the cool clothing in Saints Row IV is behind a stupid store that I have to physically go though.

Not only that, the available clothes are store dependant.

Just give me a place where I can clothe myself at will and save presets.

Saints Row IV - Sharp Dresser DLC.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Saints Row IV - Sharp Dresser DLC.

The different clothing stores are a stupid money and time sink. That's the only reason I never touched them in the first game.

I'm sporting a sweet marshmallow jacket Martin Mcfly style, but I'd like to change my outfit more this time around...

Dice

The different clothing stores are a stupid money and time sink. That's the only reason I never touched them in the first game.
That was one of my favorite things in 3rd, along with tattoos.

Is there a much wider variety of tats in 4?

How can you play Skyrim for so long without advancing in the main plot? Mods?

It's easy. Just don't do 'Dragon Rising'. I had a few characters (a dark elf assassin, imperial warrior and high elf mage) who were created solely for the reason of doing sidequests and guild questlines. Most of them never saw a dragon.

JaseC

It's easy. Just don't do 'Dragon Rising'. I had a few characters (a dark elf assassin, imperial warrior and high elf mage) who were created solely for the reason of doing sidequests and guild questlines. Most of them never saw a dragon.

It's impossible to never see a dragon because the dragon attack at the very beginning of the game is what sets everything in motion. ;)

Smash88

Banned
Read Nuuvem forums, Apparently us international customers won't be getting our SRIV ROW keys until next week at the earliest. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom