• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

There's a teaser video up for the new Groupees Be Mine bundle. Little Dew is the only game I recognized.

Ittle Dew to be more precise! ;) But hot damn, that must have sold next to nothing if it's in a bundle after one month. Why aren't they trying to do a daily deal first?

oipic

Finished System Shock 2 last night. Feels good.

1999 me was a better gamer than the 2013 edition, I suspect - SS2 continually kicked my butt, so much so that I think my play-through took ~20 hours (!) all up. Well worth it, though.

If you picked it up during the sale, and haven't fired it up yet, and particularly if potential nineties jank is putting you off, I recommend at least giving it an hour or two - once modded, it still holds up pretty well. Rare are the moments that the gameplay itself feels dated.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I still can't buy the Indie Royale bundle using Paypal. If anyone was able to do it, I'd love to know how. Because I keep getting a Bad Request error, despite my request being as good as I can make it.

Oh, that explains this:

Edit: He says he was banned for posting a tumbleweed gif in the Fable Legends thread. He'll be back in a month.

That seems silly. Suppose he was going from thread to thread posting nothing comments though which adds up. Month seems harsh though.

Oh, I finished it. I just didn't end up liking it as much as you :)

Heh, took the "Some sort of a visual novel" as saying you hadn't played much. Still disagree about the story in modern times only being based around modern conversation given the people you hold talks with are intricately involved in the history you research but oh well.

Arthea

I still can't buy the Indie Royale bundle using Paypal. If anyone was able to do it, I'd love to know how. Because I keep getting a Bad Request error, despite my request being as good as I can make it.
I had no problems with it at all, used Paypal.
I haven't played any game in that bundle, imagine!

The_Monk

Hello my good fellow GAFfers, I've been out of town for the last 10-12 days which means I may have a lot to catch up, crossing fingers hoping there was not some decent daily deals that I missed, hope everyone is fine!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I had no problems with it at all, used Paypal.
I haven't played any game in that bundle, imagine!
Then what could be my problem? Guess I should try buying it directly with my credit card, though I'd rather use Paypal.

Hello my good fellow GAFfers, I've been out of town for the last 10-12 days which means I may have a lot to catch up, crossing fingers hoping there was not some decent daily deals that I missed, hope everyone is fine!
Hey there Monk, you were missed around here! Hopefully everything is well your way :)

You would want to jump on that Origin bundle, that is about it.

Meanwhile did Salsa just confirm a Steam anniversary sale?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

We thought the other monks banished you from the congregation after they discovered you'd been using the internet.

Then what could be my problem? Guess I should try buying it directly with my credit card, though I'd rather use Paypal.

Have you tried clearing cookies, cache or using a different browser (good advice in general!)? If all that doesn't help it's probably something on PayPals end.

Arthea

Hey there Monk, you were missed around here! Hopefully everything is well your way :)

Do you get Bad Request error while trying to purchase or from paypal?

Deques

Only times I get error is when I try to pay with credit card through Paypal. I can still pay with paypal if there is money in my account

The_Monk

You would want to jump on that Origin bundle, that is about it.

We thought the other monks banished you from the congregation after they discovered you'd been using the internet.

Thank you fellow GAFfers, great to be back with you all.

Going to search for that Origin Bundle now, I need to unpack everything and then going back to my Backlog. JaseC it's okay to use the Internet as long you don't forget to keep it polite and helping the others. I believe we all may have a little bit of monk inside us (or maybe not, I'm not sure, I need Coffee).

Oh, got a Fortix 2 Booster Pack! Eh, let's see.

Deques

Bundle images. Probably a couple duplicates (2+9 and 1+10)?:

That would be #5...but I don't think it is don't starve.

Guesses from the Steamgifts forum
-Ittle dew
-Death really
-Ring Runner
-Din's Curse
-Depths of Peril
-Mini Motor Racing EVO
-The Whispered World
-Eador: Masters of the Broken World

oipic

Great to have you back, dear Monk - you have been missed! It's a pity the whole gang can't be here to greet you, though. (Salsa, sigh).

The other news to catch up on, if you haven't already, is developments on the GFWL front (thread here).

Oh, and definitely grab yourself a copy of the Humble Bundle within the next 24 hours or so - the bonuses are likely to be added very soon.

Momentary

Banned
I played some Skullgirls online for the first time and got destroyed left and right. No way those guys were "beginners".

Did they say they were beginners? First thing I always do in a fighting game like this is hit practice mode and learn some bread and butter combos foe 1 or 2 people and make sure I know what's up with the fighting system.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Guy's (and gals), I just found out Mark Of The Ninja is actually pretty good.
Even kinda awesome.
Welcome back! :)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Have you tried clearing cookies, cache or using a different browser (good advice in general!)? If all that doesn't help it's probably something on PayPals end.
Nope, but I'll try this tonight, thanks.

Do you get Bad Request error while trying to purchase or from paypal?
First one. The Paypal site doesn't even load, it throws the error as soon as I click Purchase inside Indie Royale.

Only times I get error is when I try to pay with credit card through Paypal. I can still pay with paypal if there is money in my account
Weird, because I can't even get Paypal to load. I can't choose if I want to pay from my account or adding the money from my CC, because it throws the 400 error before it even loads.

Did they say they were beginners? First thing I always do in a fighting game like this is hit practice mode and learn some bread and butter combos foe 1 or 2 people and make sure I know what's up with the fighting system.

Well, I joined a Beginner lobby :p. And I first did all the tutorials, did some practice mode and cleared the arcade on normal with a character so I had a basic understanding of some combos and techniques. Didn't help me much though :p

Edit: and now my thumb hurts from making too many quarter circle motions on the PS3 controller d-pad :(

Kifimbo

Good morning ! Edited post #10 and post #18 to add these games:

08/19/2013 - Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse - Action - Reverb Publishing/2 Dawn Studios - $XX.XX
09/12/2013 - Aarklash: Legacy - RPG - Cyanide Studios/Cyanide Studios - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

09/18/2013 - Dragon’s Prophet - MMORPG - Sony Online Entertainment/Runemaker Entertainment - F2P
2013 - Cabela's African Adventures - Action/Adventure - Activision/? - $19.99
uO5LKg2.jpg

2013 - Metal Slug 3 - Action - SNK/SNK - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

2013 - Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse - Adventure - Revolution Software/Revolution Software - $XX.XX
2014 - Mage's Initiation - Adventure/RPG - Himalaya Studios/Himalaya Studios - $XX.XX
2014 - The Division - Online - TPS - Ubisoft/Ubisoft Massive - $XX.XX

-Ittle dew
-Death really
-Ring Runner
-Din's Curse
-Depths of Peril
-Mini Motor Racing EVO
-The Whispered World

I know they usually have tiers in these bundles, so I hope at least one of the bolded ends up in the lowest tier. None of the other games really interest me. I'd really like the Whispered World.

Good morning ! Edited post #10 and post #18 to add these games:

08/19/2013 - Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse - Action - Reverb Publishing/2 Dawn Studios - $XX.XX
09/12/2013 - Aarklash: Legacy - RPG - Cyanide Studios/Cyanide Studios - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

09/18/2013 - Dragon’s Prophet - MMORPG - Sony Online Entertainment/Runemaker Entertainment - F2P
2013 - Cabela's African Adventures - Action/Adventure - Activision/? - $19.99
uO5LKg2.jpg

2013 - Metal Slug 3 - Action - SNK/SNK - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

2013 - Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse - Adventure - Revolution Software/Revolution Software - $XX.XX
2014 - Mage's Initiation - Adventure/RPG - Himalaya Studios/Himalaya Studios - $XX.XX
2014 - The Division - Online - TPS - Ubisoft/Ubisoft Massive - $XX.XX

waitwaitwaitwait

1. Metal Slug 3 is coming to Steam? :D
2. Where is the rest? D:

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
-Ittle dew
-Death really
-Ring Runner
-Din's Curse
-Depths of Peril
-Mini Motor Racing EVO
-The Whispered World

Assuming these guesses end up being accurate, I suppose I'm in just for Ittle Dew and the future possibility of a Steam key for Ring Runner.

Where's Divekick?

~4.5 hours into the future.

Dawg

Well guys, I'm starting my trip to Cologne, Köln, in a few hours. Won't be able to visit this thread much till I'm back. I'm sure you'll all miss this doge, but know... that I will miss you even more! No more useless steam discussions at 3am for the next few days... welp.

I'll make sure to steal some steam keys off Gaben. Don't you worry 'bout that.

C-catch you guys later...
;_;

FloatOn

Seems that The Bureau is the new Binary Domain.

In a few years it will be very fashionable to heap mountains of praise upon it.

Get ahead of the curve and enjoy the game now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom