• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
My interpretation is it's ok to say you're not interested as long you actually explain why. Posting a gif or just saying "lol don't care" wouldn't be ok.

I can't fault him for posting that though. A regular Fable game would get the same reaction from me let alone an online only game.

The new Fable doesn't look too bad, but it's the fact that it's online only that is making me not want to play it

Dawg

I'll be going to gamescom myself thursday and friday. I wish I could go wednesday, the lines will be terrible on the other days.

'dem press benefits

If it's any help, I have to spend like two hours on Elder Scrolls Online and I don't even like the recent Elder Scrolls games.

There's only one thing that makes up for it though...

The Witcher 3 gameplay footage!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah, I really wish I could explore more of Germany, but I'm only going one day and my day is pretty much filled with presentations.

09:00 ARMA 3
09:30 DayZ
11:00 Wolfenstein
13:00 The Witcher 3
16:00 Elder Scroll Online

You lucky bugger!

So..will using this get me banned from steam?

It's technically against the SSA but to my knowledge there are no confirmed reports of people having their accounts locked for using a VPN for reasons other than cross-regional purchasing. Anecdotally, for the past two years or so I've been occasionally using a VPN to activate region-locked keys or unlock a game early and haven't had any issues.

Acorn

Someone is sullying the name of Spec Ops!? I challenge you to a duel sir!

fscE9ES.jpg

The_Monk

Salsa died so that Monk may live.

pjIYuab.gif

No need for more sacrifice fellow GAFfer we can all hang out and laugh, soon.

'dem press benefits

If it's any help, I have to spend like two hours on Elder Scrolls Online and I don't even like the recent Elder Scrolls games.

Make some good questions and bring them to GAFfers, good man!

derExperte

I can't wait to tell GAF how wrong I was for not getting this game on release after buying it during the 2014 summer sale.

From RPS

Games often take up a place in my landscape of interests, even if I don’t particularly enjoy them. They have some points of interest that become useful for future navigation. Apart from its (enforced?) connection to XCOM, The Bureau may not. In a month’s time, where will the memories be? In truth – erased.

ouch

Dawg

You lucky bugger!

I guess you could say that is mainly the reason I really wanted to go :p Not really that much interested in the other games, although the new Wolfenstein and DayZ will probably surprise me.

Make some good questions and bring them to GAFfers, good man!

I'm kinda stressed about this one. I should have some time to interview them, but worst case scenario there might be no interview if there is not enough time left :p Really hope I can make it happen though...

How else will console people know if next gen wolf fur will be on all platforms?!

'dem press benefits

You have the obligation to tell us how awesome is The Witcher 3.
like we don't know that

Momentary

Banned
Well, I joined a Beginner lobby :p. And I first did all the tutorials, did some practice mode and cleared the arcade on normal with a character so I had a basic understanding of some combos and techniques. Didn't help me much though :p

Edit: and now my thumb hurts from making too many quarter circle motions on the PS3 controller d-pad :(

They were probably at a more proficient level and wanted to bait beginners to boost their own self esteem. I hate rooms like that.

They were probably at a more proficient level and wanted to bait beginners to boost their own self esteem. I hate rooms like that.

Well, either that or I suck even more than I thought I did... Either way, the game's fun and I'll definately pick it up in a next sale. Will there be extra characters in the full version or DLC, or is the beta roster complete?

oipic

'dem press benefits

Very nice, Dawg - enjoy, have a safe trip! Looking forward to hearing about it (and the games, too).

So much talk of new games in here... so to get things back on topic: backlog.

Have decided to target all installed and 'finishable' games, so as to uninstall them once and for all - have just started Alan Wake (just completed Episode 1), and liking it very much so far. After that, Spec Ops. Hoping by then the Batman AA cheevos will be unlocked, so I can replay that, before finally starting AC. Sound like a plan?

Not sure where I'm going to find time to drive trucks or launch rockets. :/

(yeah, I know - I'm like months behind all of you guys)

Derrick01

Banned
The new Fable doesn't look too bad, but it's the fact that it's online only that is making me not want to play it

Eh fable has been a pretty shit franchise. At its best it was always an ultra casual action wrpg with extremely simple mechanics and no depth. Now they're making kinect games and online only co-op games with it. They seem desperate to not make any attempts at making the series any better.

The_Monk

Welcome back Monk!

Thank you kind fellow GAFfer.

Have you or anyone else been playing Papers, please? It was the last game that I checked before leaving town and I wonder how many people in here got the game. I remember Toddhunter saying he was waiting for a Sale, I wonder if he got it already.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Eh fable has been a pretty shit franchise. At its best it was always an ultra casual action wrpg with extremely simple mechanics and no depth. Now they're making kinect games and online only co-op games with it. They seem desperate to not make any attempts at making the series any better.

My interest in the series has always largely lied in the colourful, vibrant world that has its own distinct brand of character and charm. The original game (The Lost Chapters specifically) is my favourite of the bunch precisely because it's rather lean in terms of gameplay -- Molyneux favouring implementing ridiculous social systems over iterating upon the RPG mechanics in general was incredibly misguided and 3 in particular left a very sour taste.

Grief.exe

Thank you kind fellow GAFfer.

Have you or anyone else been playing Papers, please? It was the last game that I checked before leaving town and I wonder how many people in here got the game. I remember Toddhunter saying he was waiting for a Sale, I wonder if he got it already.

I've been playing Papers, Please. Great game, I had a lot of fun with it.

So wait Monk got bant or was just away how could
Monk get bant he is the nicest poster ever

No, he wasn't banned. Presumably, no access to the internet.

oipic

Definitely picking this one up later tonight.

So internet buzz suggests that Eador, The Whispered World, and Ittle Dew might feature in this? Golly.

All that just a day or so before the X weekly sale (potentially!) kicks off, too.

"Just one more bundle, my dear, I promise - this will be the last one for months..."

The_Monk

So wait Monk got bant or was just away how could
Monk get bant he is the nicest poster ever

I was out of town fellow GAFfer (without internet acess), just away, never got banned and I don't intend to, I'm happy to be part of this amazing Community and happy to have such great GAFfers to build this Community together.

Now... let's unpack that Fortix 2 Booster pack!

EDIT:

I've been playing Papers, Please. Great game, I had a lot of fun with it.

Glad you are enjoying it fellow GAFfer. That game will be mine soon I hope, it's just a type of different gameplay/story and I like new experiences in my gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom