• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP in peace Salsa v_v

k8Ta6la.gif

1CLgw75.gif

dY6cm7O.gif

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Alright guys, got my jarate made this morning
iced tea
and ready to play some Spelunky and F.E.A.R. before class.

You gotta be careful in those threads, they are just mass banning right now to trim the heard.

Stay in the Steam thread where its safe.
There are other threads?!

Darkroronoa

The flying bundle released the list of most of the games it will contain

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/flyingbundle#announcements/detail/2125984011037363126

Tier 1 - Minimum $1

- Retention + OST (Desura + Greenlight)
- Bob Came in Pieces (Steam + Desura)
- Micy Roll (Desura)
- Beep (Steam + Desura)
- Plith (Desura)
- Mysterious Game (Steam) - It will be announced second week

Tier 2 - Minimum $3.5 to unlock

- Clones (Steam + Desura)
- Bridge It (Desura + Greenlight)
- The Polynomial - Space of the music (Steam)
- Ittle Dew (Steam)
- Mysterious Game (Steam) - It will be announced second week

Plus you will get OSTs and artworks of some games as bonuses. Also top contributors will get great prizes.

Also groupees released the trailer for Be mine 9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chOiE3PJ_vw

" A $1 minimum campaign with support to charity. Game titles include Splatter, The Whispered World, Mini Motor Racing Evo, Depths of Peril, Eador: Masters of the Broken World, Eador Genesis, Ittle Dew, Angelica Weaver: Catch me When you Can, Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages. Also Music, and Bonus games."

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Salsa was actually banned so everyone else can get a word in when Skullgirls comes out.

Then how come my Mass Effect 1 & 2 from Steam don't go to it?

CD keys generated prior to Origin's existence need to be manually added to your library by a CSR.

Eanan

That Groupees bundle is looking good.

Yeah, its shaping up nicely.

Heres the list apparently:

Splatter (Desura/Greenlight)
The Whispered World (Steam)
Mini Motor Racing Evo (Steam)
Depths of Peril (Steam)
Eador: Masters of the Broken World (Steam)
Eador Genesis (In SteamDB, maybe on Steam)
Ittle Dew (Steam)
Angelica Weaver: Catch me When you Can (Steam)
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages (Desura/Greenlight)

" A $1 minimum campaign with support to charity. Game titles include

Splatter
The Whispered World
Mini Motor Racing Evo
Depths of Peril
Eador: Masters of the Broken World
Eador Genesis
Ittle Dew
Angelica Weaver: Catch me When you Can
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sage

I reformatted it for better readability.
I REALLY hope both Eadors will have Steam keys. Genesis was only available as a preorder bonus for the new game so far.

Anyway, I'll buy this for Ittle Dew and Eador alone. Amazing Bundle.
EDIT: I hope Din's Curse will be one of the bonus games.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
tumbleweed .gif is bannable?
No action is without context. A thread made to discuss a new game in a franchise, where many fans of said franchise will inevitably show up, and you offer nothing but a gif that will piss them off. Yes, stirring shit with no thought content in a dedicated thread is bannable. I think if he did that in response to someone mentioning the game in here it probably wouldn't happen.

That Groupees bundle is looking good.
Eador makes it, even though I have barely stepped into the new King's Bounty. For me strategy games are more a winter thing.

Mods generally frown on gif responses that hint at you basically saying you're not interested in game threads.

Given the context, I imagine it was viewed upon as fondly as the likes of whogivesashit.gif.

Ah, that'd certainly make things easier.

No action is without context. A thread made to discuss a new game in a franchise, where many fans of said franchise will inevitably show up, and you offer nothing but a gif that will piss them off. Yes, stirring shit with no thought content in a dedicated thread is bannable. I think if he did that in response to someone mentioning the game in here it probably wouldn't happen.
I see.

chronomac

Depths of Peril (Steam)
Ittle Dew (Steam)

I ask this with every bundle. How are these games? I know about Ittle Dew, based on Giant Bomb's Quick Look, which has pretty much sold me.

Crayons

Banned
The flying bundle released the list of most of the games it will contain

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/flyingbundle#announcements/detail/2125984011037363126

" A $1 minimum campaign with support to charity. Game titles include Splatter, The Whispered World, Mini Motor Racing Evo, Depths of Peril, Eador: Masters of the Broken World, Eador Genesis, Ittle Dew, Angelica Weaver: Catch me When you Can, Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages. Also Music, and Bonus games."

Ittle Dew? Sold.
And Groupees bundle looks great too! Definitely getting that

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
tumbleweed .gif is bannable?

Any time anyone gets banned for anything we get a lot of people asking whether the exact words or exact image they posted are bannable. That's really not the way we do things and it hasn't been for years and years. I didn't ban Salsa, but entering a several threads in rapid succession and posting a variant of "who cares" would get any member on this site banned. I'm guessing he was drunk.

For more information on things that are bannable:
Terms of Service
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390708
NeoGAF is a forum for holding civil, evidence-based discussion. Do not post disingenuously, or in an inflammatory manner for the sole purpose of upsetting others. Negative commentary and minority opinions are not frowned upon, but members are expected to be able to substantiate their positions.

Member Etiquette
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428781
Don't do annoying things
There are various things which can be considered annoying to many people in general, try to avoid doing that.

Banned Sites, Inappropriate Posts, and Memes
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427771
- Thread Whining / Respect to Others. It's not that "Haters gonna hate" is a banned meme, it's that it's often used to be flippant and dismissive to other posters. If someone is trying to explain what they think about something, either treat them with respect or don't reply at all. So when you post "u mad", "deal with it", "haters gonna hate", "the GAF hivemind", "the usual suspects", "but GAF said x and now they're saying y!!!", "entitled whiners" or anything else that suggests that you don't care what other people think, you may be banned if it is taking away from discussion. This is getting to be a pretty big problem, and it's probably the single largest category of bans these days. If you don't want to discuss something, you don't need to post.

This also includes things like "weekend gaf", "sounds like a GameFAQs threads", "tl;dr", "cool story, bro", "Neat" and associated image macros, "who gives a shit", etc. This list is not exhaustive, and using variants of these statements such as "bold please" and "screw the haters" is not a good way to avoid getting banned, as the problem is the general message/intent of your post, not the specific words you are using. If you think a particular thread is lowering a quality of the forum, PM a moderator about it.

If there are any further questions, feel free to PM a mod about it, I'd prefer that this thread not be used as a home base to discuss when "one of our own" gets banned elsewhere :p

Dawg

Stump, did you ban me last time? Not sure if I am allowed to ask, but still. You're the only mod I know that regularly visits this thread.

Not asking because I'm salty or something, just curious. If anything, I think more before I post now! :p

Depths of Peril (Steam)
Ittle Dew (Steam)
Splatter, Mini Motors, Ring Runner, Ittle Dew all look really good. Never did a Groupee Bundle before, is it just like getting a Humble Bundle?

Grief.exe

Almost done with my Chaos Theory cover.

I can't find the actual logo for Chaos Theory that is a large enough resolution to use. The only ones I can find are very small, and I have to cut them out which decreases the quality even further.

I also need to adjust the spine, I think I want to bleed the front cover image onto that, instead of the black from the back.

Splatter, Mini Motors, Ring Runner, Ittle Dew all look really good. Never did a Groupee Bundle before, is it just like getting a Humble Bundle?

Pretty much, yeah. You need to make an account there though, I think. Also, their threshold you have to pay for extra games doesn't change but is fixed at $5 most of the time.

Almost done with my Chaos Theory cover.

I can't find the actual logo for Chaos Theory that is a large enough resolution to use. The only ones I can find are very small, and I have to cut them out which decreases the quality even further.

I also need to adjust the spine, I think I want to bleed the front cover image onto that, instead of the black from the back.
Badass. That back cover photo is one of my favorite Splinter Cell art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom