• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not sure if it was posted before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XjYVLS4RUs

I don't think they will drop the f2p model, sadly.

Game looks A LOT better than 2 months ago.

I'm not so sure that keeping it F2P would be wise considering how hard this approach flopped the first time around. The game seems quite good in terms of core mechanics (being able to blind fire over obstacles is a nice touch) although the HUD is a little too busy for my liking.

She sure is in this thread. Though annoying is putting it nicely these days.
Seeing her shit up this thread so much is immensely annoying. Although that rating system posted a little earlier did amuse me.

Aw. :( GAF does have an ignore function; feel free to use it. Super-late-edit: I edited that bit into the wrong post because I'm a dumbo. This is why I used to pull myself off the 'net when I began to feel tired!

Turfster

Man, Valve really need to change the way the market lists items now that they've introduced a flood of things to sell. It's rather disheartening to watch all the people selling things in other coins get listed before you because of exchange rates =p

Symphonic

I dont get that.

QZZ7amI.png

Do you still think she looks like a boy?

No he was talking about Hermoine, not Harry

Neki

I'm playing Spelunky and it has no sound, any idea on how to fix this? It's really weird, unless it's supposed to have zero music/sound effects.

So this was an odd time to check this thread.

In other news, Saint's Row 4 has the strongest opening of any game in recent memory.

Video Games.

FloatOn

that hannah gif reminds me of how freaked out I was when I first saw that movie. it was like I was watching "attack of the no eye brows assassin"

I'd take being inundated with Saoirse gifs all day over watching that Zoey Deschanel iPhone commercial just once more any time.

watching broadcast television with any commercial is for chumps.

let's get back on topic before someone else gets Salsa'd

what's the next steam release you people are looking forward to picking up?

Uiki

I'm not so sure that keeping it F2P would be wise considering how hard this approach flopped the first time around. The game seems quite good in terms of core mechanics (being able to blind fire over obstacles is a nice touch) although the HUD is a little too busy for my liking.

That's was my main complaint for the ogplanet version. I think that you can somehow customize it to look a little less fucked up.

I don't like the f2p approach because it basically locks out community content and tweaks ala cs (RIOT SHIELD RAGE INCOMING).

Interesting. Apparently they are giving out open beta keys tomorrow on their facebook page.

Yep. One week of closed beta then it will be released on the 29th.

Turfster

Well I was looking forward to Saints Row IV, but this whole Deep Silver region locked key clusterfuck seriously soured me on the game, so well done DS, you've just ensured that if this shit doesn't get fixed, I will probably never buy another of your games ever again.

I'm also really looking forward to Shelter.

JaseC

that hannah gif reminds me of how freaked out I was when I first saw that movie. it was like I was watching "attack of the no eye brows assassin"

let's get back on topic before someone else gets Salsa'd

Castle of Illusion looks great and is out in a couple of weeks or so. I'm hoping the PC version comes with the MegaDrive original also seeing as Sega has a bunch of MegaDrive games on Steam already.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Waiting for official confirmation before releasing this update:

MOhapAT.png

People should know.

Grief.exe

Waiting for official confirmation before releasing this update:

MOhapAT.png

People should know.

You have to be real careful with that because some games have patches in the works Arkham City, Arkham Asylum, Bioshock 2, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, and who knows what else.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You have to be real careful with that because some games have patches in the works Arkham City, Arkham Asylum, Bioshock 2, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, and who knows what else.

Presumably once the game has been patched, they will update the DRM / Legal statements on the game's Steam page (this is the developer's responsibility) and the warning label will no longer appear.

JaseC

I could forgive Microsoft leaving the DD version of Gears of War PC to rot on the floor of the GFWL Marketplace if it comes to Steam with Steamworks integration in lieu of GFWL.

Yeah, I struggled a lot with that level, and warned stump about it before he started it. The problem with that level, outside of the fact that they force you to sneak is that the checkpoint is placed at the end of a very easy bit (unless you delay using it and double back like I did in the end), and then you have to complete a fairly lengthy sequence of sneaking around where you really can't make any mistakes whatsoever or you have to restart. Took me maybe an hour and a half in total, and very nearly made me give up on the game. That level was just really poor game design.

And as you say, I love all the challenges you have in some levels, some have so many different possibilities. The
county courthouse
later in the game is very good for that reason and the fact that you can mostly walk around freely.

That level was tough, but so was the train station escape. Trying to do that with no detections and no disguises...ugh.

I'm fine with the Ronan pics when they just add flavor to a post that could stand on its own.

The wordless reaction gif posts that are getting more popular lately are shitting up the thread considerably more and add nothing.

But enough whining, I decided to start a strategy game today and will try Eador later since it just came in the Groupees bundle. If I can't get into that I'll probably try XCOM: EU. Wish me luck.

FloatOn

I don't know if I should go with KOF or Pac-Man

I'm probably going Pac-Man

KOF sounds pretty appealing with the improvements they are making to the netcode but I think I can wait on a discount for this one.

If I can't get into that I'll probably try XCOM: EU. Wish me luck.

good luck! I had to put XCOM on the shelf after the first major story mission. things get really difficult. I will get back to it one day. Maybe after my Bureau playthrough.

DukeBobby

Still can't decide if I should buy Saints Row 4 or Splinter Cell: Blacklist.

I want Saints Row a bit more, but Splinter Cell is £10 cheaper.

Hmm, decisions, decisions...

JaseC

They'll release a trilogy on Steam in a few years, believe!

That's up to Epic, although now that Cliffy "Enthusiast PC gamers are pirates" B is no longer an employee, maybe belated ports will be considered. :p

I'm fine with the Ronan pics when they just add flavor to a post that could stand on its own.

The wordless reaction gif posts that are getting more popular lately are shitting up the thread considerably more and add nothing.

But enough whining, I decided to start a strategy game today and will try Eador later since it just came in the Groupees bundle. If I can't get into that I'll probably try XCOM: EU. Wish me luck.

I do my best to weave them into on-topic posts, and I can't exactly be blamed for Saoirse-exclusive posts when I'm responding to somebody else who brought her up. These tangents never last long, anyway, so they're not harmful to the ecosystem of the thread.

Dolor

I could forgive Microsoft leaving the DD version of Gears of War PC to rot on the floor of the GFWL Marketplace if it comes to Steam with Steamworks integration in lieu of GFWL.

What is the current theory on what the former Valve (Steam honcho) guy who went to work for Microsoft is going to do? Anyone think it is to start a new PC Steam competitor?

Obviously more actual competition would be better - even for Steam, but usually this kind of stuff really just leads to more fragmentation and exclusives that hurt gamers and the gaming community.

Grief.exe

That's up to Epic, although now that Cliffy "Enthusiast PC gamers are pirates" B is no longer an employee, maybe belated ports will be considered. :p

Its hilarious to me how ignorant supposedly educated people can be.

Halo 2 and GoW PC being the main examples. They release late ports, charge for multiplayer, and riddle their games with DRM. In the case of Halo 2, Microsoft makes a low quality port and restricts the game to the Vista operating system.

And yet they have the gall to blame consumers and label us as thieves?

hmm been a while since I came on the thread... did I miss anything?

Dark Souls update this morning, interesting stuff.

Kabouter

That level was tough, but so was the train station escape. Trying to do that with no detections and no disguises...ugh.

Oh, for sure, the railway station was a tricky level. I do love the game's use of crowds though, I think this is the first time I've actually felt that a normal railway station was well represented in a video game.

JaseC

What is the current theory on what the former Valve (Steam honcho) guy who went to work for Microsoft is going to do? Anyone think it is to start a new PC Steam competitor?

Obviously more actual competition would be better - even for Steam, but usually this kind of stuff really just leads to more fragmentation and exclusives that hurt gamers and the gaming community.

Well, personally, I'm hoping he's spearheading a Steam release of ilomilo+ to kick things off. :p But, yeah, it's too early to tell -- Holtman wanting to reinvigorate Windows as a gaming platform is a very broad goal.

just the two bundles right?
who got banned?

@xeno, i approve of that rating system
can we have an Emma Watson one?

Salsa of course
Also, Derrick only lasted like 4 days

Bundles currently going on:

IndieRoyale Prairie Dog
Humble Origin and Weekly
Groupees Be Mine 9
Groupees Mega Meridian
All the Bundlestars