• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone happen to have a steam code for left 4 dead 2 they want to sell? I want to get the game for someone but don't want to pay $20 when it's always $5 on sale.

garath

Does anyone happen to have a steam code for left 4 dead 2 they want to sell? I want to get the game for someone but don't want to pay $20 when it's always $5 on sale.

Gamefly has a sale on Valve titles right now. Every day there are a few that are 75% off. I don't know if L4D was already, but it's $8 right now.

Also, 20% off code GFDAUG20.

EDIT: Man, gamefly's new layout is confusing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Gamefly has a sale on Valve titles right now. Every day there are a few that are 75% off. I don't know if L4D was already, but it's $8 right now.

Also, 20% off code GFDAUG20.

EDIT: Man, gamefly's new layout is confusing.

GameFly is selling Valve games? That's new. I was beginning to wonder if Valve would ever expand its catalogue to third parties beyond GameStop/Impulse.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Also how come some games vanished in my "Badges for cards" section. Skyrim and Monaco for instance.

Although I hadn't really taken much more than a passing interest in it before owning it, Divekick is rad - any game that makes me smile as I play is a winner. I bought a double pack and gifted the spare to a buddy who's just joined the PC gaming fold proper (his first well-specced PC). He's happy now too :)

iavi

Seriously, where is Rising. No news. No registry entry that I can see. The thirst is real.

I was hoping Gamescom would bring some news, but none so far.

derExperte

Update on the Nuuvem-SR4-key-situation: http://forum.nuuvem.com.br/topic/1587-saints-row-iv-key/?p=16887

We already started the distribution of the keys for North and South American users, but we are still preparing our system to do the distribution automatically. Right now we are manually handing the keys.

If you are one of the American users, and wish to receive your key as fast as possible, send an e-mail to our customer support (contato@nuuvem.com.br) and we will provide you with the key. If you do so, please remember to identify yourself and your region.

Europe has to wait until Friday.

FAQ: http://forum.nuuvem.com.br/topic/1587-saints-row-iv-key/?p=16894

rookiejet

Read Game Dev Tycoon as Game Dev Story and was excited for a second -_-

Anybody use Big Picture Mode with any frequency? I'm considering wiring a long HDMI cable to my TV, and getting a Logitech F710 for wireless play.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Read Game Dev Tycoon as Game Dev Story and was excited for a second -_-

Anybody use Big Picture Mode with any frequency? I'm considering wiring a long HDMI cable to my TV, and getting a Logitech F710 for wireless play.
Steam needs chromecast support.

JaseC

Seriously, where is Rising. No news. No registry entry that I can see. The thirst is real.

I was hoping Gamescom would bring some news, but none so far.

If there's no info come the end of TGS, I'm going to start assuming it's been silently canned.

FloatOn

Every video I see of XCOM: The Bureau makes it look pretty damned amazing, yet the reviews are so bad. I wonder if it just isn't as fun to play as it looks or if the idea of a turning a turn-based strategy game into a TPS is just too bitter a pill to swallow?
Really starting to want this game.

the quality of the cinematics is a little suspect but the core of the game is incredibly refreshing.

the amount of control you have over your squad is really pretty astounding. I would go so far as to say that any game with AI team mates should employ some sort of Battle Focus system. It really saves the frustration of having bad team mates when you are the one in control.

The reason for the bad reviews is that it walks a difficult line of being too strategic for the shooter fans and not strategic enough for the strategy fan. I find that it is a really happy medium and something you don't really find in games that often.

If a slightly quirky production value doesn't offend you then I would say get on this game right away. But if you are expecting a cinematic third person shooter along the lines of say Gears of War or Max Payne 3 then wait for a price cut.

iavi

If there's no info come the end of TGS, I'm going to start assuming it's been silently canned.

The whole way they went about announcing it, with no press release or anything always rung of them leaving it open for them to cancel if were they to change their mind. :(

Grief.exe

I would argue that something like that takes a significant amount of time. They probably don't have anything substantial to show yet.
It also seems that releases like this are kept relatively obscure until relatively close to the release date. Lords of Shadow, Guacamelee, and KOF XIII are recent examples.

I also noticed from the store entry that they may have tapped another studio to work on the PC version of Lords of Shadow, in this case Climax Studios. Maybe they are waiting to finish up that port before dedicating the entire team to the MGR port. Just spit balling with that one.

A third possibility, is Konami is waiting to see how Lords of Shadow performs through release before dedicating more resources behind the port. Both games are in similar situations, with their release coming well after the console version. They could have comparable audiences and sales numbers on the PC.

Interestingly enough, Climax Studios was the developer of Sudeki, and we have seen significant additions to that registry app recently. Though the last update hasn't been for a month.
Rabbit hole always goes deeper.

zTwVIag.png

I would argue that something like that takes a significant amount of time. They probably don't have anything substantial to show yet.
It also seems that releases like this are kept relatively obscure until relatively close to the release date. Lords of Shadow, Guacamelee, and KOF XIII are recent examples.

I also noticed from the store entry that they may have tapped another studio to work on the PC version of Lords of Shadow, in this case Climax Studios. Maybe they are waiting to finish up that port before dedicating the entire team to the MGR port. Just spit balling with that one.

A third possibility, is Konami is waiting to see how Lords of Shadow performs through release before dedicating more resources behind the port. Both games are in similar situations, with their release coming well after the console version. They could have comparable audiences and sales numbers on the PC.

Interestingly enough, Climax Studios was the developer of Sudeki, and we have seen significant additions to that registry app recently. Though the last update hasn't been for a month.
Rabbit hole always goes deeper.

Interesting research. I remember someone from Platinum (was it Inaba?) saying that they wouldn't outsource their ports anymore after the PS3 incident and seeing as they were interested in PC a while ago I thought they would handle it themselves. Maybe they've changed their opinion.

I've been waiting on this too. I just want to know what the extra games are.

We already know what they are. Bundle leaks were something like Bulletstorm, DS2, and Command & Conquer : RA2 or something like that.

I'm sure one of you guys has the imagine somewhere around here.

DaBoss

Interesting research. I remember someone from Platinum (was it Inaba?) saying that they wouldn't outsource their ports anymore after the PS3 incident and seeing as they were interested in PC a while ago I thought they would handle it themselves. Maybe they've changed their opinion.

But it could be Konami's/Kojima's say on the matter. Maybe reassured the folks at Platinum that they will port it well?

Grief.exe

But it could be Konami's/Kojima's say on the matter. Maybe reassured the folks at Platinum that they will port it well?

This is my take on the matter, I doubt the decision is up to Platinum at all.

Konami may have approached them about the port, but Platinum is very busy with W101 and Bayo 2 this year.

In other news, Enslaved app seeing a massive amount of updates today.

JaseC

Well, the game was announced for release "soon", which implies that development was nearing completion at the time, however there's been nothing said of it in the months since.

DaBoss

This is my take on the matter, I doubt the decision is up to Platinum at all.

Konami may have approached them about the port, but Platinum is very busy with W101 and Bayo 2 this year.

In other news, Enslaved app seeing a massive amount of updates today.

They actually have 3 teams, one worked on MGR, another on TW101, and the other one on Bayo 2.

But there is an Xbox One exclusive that they're working on according to cboat, so it does seem like they have their hands full.

EDIT: Was that Xbox One exclusive proven false? I can't find the thread anymore. It seems to have been locked or something.

Oh yeah, that's possible. Inaba's recent comments on having trouble getting projects made me think they might be more free than usual but who knows.

But there is an Xbox One exclusive that they're working on according to cboat, so it does seem like they have their hands full.

Oh man. First bringing out a sequel to a beloved PS360 game to the WiiU exclusivly and now an Xbone exclusiv. Im not quite sure if they are even trying to sell their games.

garath

Man.. to buy Lords of Shadow with my ~$25 on Steam Wallet or pick up a couple of indies.. -Papers, Please
-Game Dev Tycoon

hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom