• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

That's most likely was happened. Although, wouldn't mind if they continue to add games to my inventory. Preferably some of the latest titles though :p

For inventory I assume you mean library?

ATM it seems for apps using Web APIs it now shows every single item, instead of filtering out never played free to play ones (and I mean demos, mods and even driver updates).
I have HL2 and its episodes so I can't check that, but maybe they could fall in some kind of f2p midweek or something like that.

I'm also a bit disappointed because I'm working on a little app using those APIs and today when I synced it to my library it completely fucked everything up, and for Valve it seems like nothing happened at all. :/

Razorskin

----- ------
There is some kind of shit going on since yesterday maintenance, as several stuff on Steam Web API is now completely bugged and having behaviours totally different from a couple of days ago.
I don't know if this could apply to inventory, but for sure something went wrong (and of course from Valve end no word was heard...).

"Valve please fix the client!"

Valve: "Sorry, too busy rolling our desks to join the L4D3 team"

r3n4ud

For inventory I assume you mean library?

ATM it seems for apps using Web APIs it now shows every single item, instead of filtering out never played free to play ones (and I mean demos, mods and even driver updates).
I have HL2 and its episodes so I can't check that, but maybe they could fall in some kind of f2p midweek or something like that.

I'm also a bit disappointed because I'm working on a little app using those APIs and today when I synced it to my library it completely fucked everything up, and for Valve it seems like nothing happened at all. :/
No, I mean inventory along with my cards. In other words, I can gift these suckers! But won't since I imagine Valve will remove them shortly.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh great, my dad was doing some clean-up today and erased the fonts that PixelVision uses. I knew it looked strange when I launched it 10 minutes ago, and asking him about it proved me right.

I know it can be fixed in 30 seconds by downloading them again, but I'm still pissed anyway.

Sorry for the off-topic, just wanted to vent a little (won't happen again, I hope).

And in case someone's curious, here's how it looks:
JeuYNnL.jpg
Don't ask me which font it's using instead of the one that comes with the skin because I have no idea. It actually doesn't look that bad, to be quite honest...

Copons

No, I mean inventory along with my cards. In other words, I can gift these suckers! But won't since I imagine Valve will remove them shortly.

Well that's nice then!

I checked my own inventory and aside from generic Steam items (who the hell can remember how many cards has got??), it seems it switched 2 items from Portal 2 to Dota2, which I'm sure I didn't have any, as I never played it.

Well, maybe they sell good.

No, wait, they're not tradable. :(

Turfster

Welp, Deep Silver can officially go fuck themselves.
I guess I'll pick up SR4 when it's 5€.
That's what you get for being money-grubbing dickheads.

I checked my own inventory and aside from generic Steam items (who the hell can remember how many cards has got??), it seems it switched 2 items from Portal 2 to Dota2, which I'm sure I didn't have any, as I never played it.

Well, maybe they sell good.

No, wait, they're not tradable. :(
I'm pretty sure almost everyone got those 2 items for Dota2 if they had the beta added to their account, at least that's why I have them (I think)

Hope some peeps get a little enjoyment out of this (even if it's only adding to the library/s)

Not sure if this was missed our simply not wanted.

Sweet... just picked up Crysis 2. I lost interest in FPS games a long, long time ago, but I'm starting to feel like it's time to give them another go. Thanks very much.

Turfster

Care to explain?

Asked a nice US person to buy it for me from a European shop for 40$ (which is about 3/5ths of the price they want for it here). He got sent a NA-ROW (North America minus Rest Of World) key, which cannot be swapped for a EU one, apparently due to publisher restrictions.
I got my money refunded by my friend, and that's the end of it as far as I'm concerned.

derExperte

It looks exactly the same, whats wrong with it?

I can't list everything but I've been playing it for the last few days to completion (including searching for billboards) and it's a strange mix of Paradise and MW2005, which I consider to be one of the best NfS'.

-cars are not earned, you find them standing around
-since EA added DLC I find myself often driving to one, hitting Y -> store page
-menus are even more convoluted as in Paradise
-no visual modding
-overloaded hud
-exaggerated optical effects that tend to blind you
-it's often very hard to tell where to drive, Paradise/MW05 had better designed cities and cleaner visuals while here your car loves to get stuck at corners and small obstacles. Paradise wasn't perfect but here I regularily miss a turning.
-city is boring
-races are car-specific, so after 6 or 7 you have to change to proceed
-despite this they often repeat, you play some ten times or more during the short 6-7hrs it takes to complete the single player
-you gain upgrades by winning races but when you have all, there are none left for the car and you have to start with a bare one again
-doesn't help that a lot of the cars drive like shit, best one imo are the nimble Ariel Atom and BAC Mono
-the police, they are so annoying. In MW05 you had pursuit breakers, hiding spots and slow-mo. That worked great, with skill I could outsmart them even with a lot on my ass. Here it's pure luck, better to just stop and get busted, there's no penalty anyway (no money).
-performance issues, I don't have a slow PC but at some place I get weird framerate-drops and the game hitches like crazy. Bad when I'm trying to steer.
-the multiplayer is very good on the other hand, some innovative ideas
-still miles better than the abysmal The Run
-have you played Hot Pursuit 2010? Better hope for that, much better.

Acccent

Oh also, in case anyone who's helped me is awake right now, I finally beat the
4 Kings
(Dark Souls). Thanks again for all the advice. Now heading to the Archives...

r3n4ud

Asked a nice US person to buy it for me from a European shop for 40$ (which is about 3/5ths of the price they want for it here). He got sent a NA-ROW (North America minus Rest Of World) key, which cannot be swapped for a EU one, apparently due to publisher restrictions.
I got my money refunded by my friend, and that's the end of it as far as I'm concerned.
Sorry to hear that :/

Not sure why they went with territory restrictions. Causes issues and upsets folks for no reason.

Turfster

Sorry to hear that :/

Not sure why they went with territory restrictions. Causes issues and upsets folks for no reason.

Because it means they get double or triple the money from the UK and EU countries that they get from the rest of the world, is my guess.

derExperte

So. The DLC-cars are already standing around in the world, but you need to unlock them with money?

Yes. And I don't think there's a way to tell from a distance. After you drive to them the first time the map icon shows to which DLC they belong and that Y starts the store. But while first exploring the city it's terrible, for example I finally evaded the police, drove up to that shiny new car to change and get rid of the wanted level. Heyho, store page. As with a lot of stuff in MW2012 I kinda got used to it but that's no excuse.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Anyone here have any experience using a VPN that has exit nodes in a country other than the country you reside in and using Steam?

Edit: Sorry, I should clarify--not using a VPN to circumvent regional restrictions, rather using a VPN on your normal connection, including at times that you purchase things on Steam.

ss_lemonade

Hope I did this right (I know, I know, more Bundle keys. I got the Origin one pretty much for the Sims lol)

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Medal of Honor Steam -- MB-3202F60AEF7127B0 - Taken by sibarraz
Mirror's Edge Steam -- MB-A30BC323DA96A277 - Taken by phantomspiker
McPixel -- MB-1B75C00928675FA1 - Taken by Exuro
Burnout Paradise Steam -- MB-4B5B7ED32B0D12D5 - Taken by AsylumX

Dawg

Some gamescom pics:

Pretty long queues. Actually got a funny note about that. Elder Scrolls online has a queue of 100+ people but we had a press VIP pass so the #1 dude in the queue had to give up his place for us.

That feeling when hundreds of people are looking/judging at you because you don't have to wait.

It's hilarious.

Turfster

Some gamescom pics:

Pretty long queues. Actually got a funny note about that. Elder Scrolls online has a queue of 100+ people but we had a press VIP pass so the #1 dude in the queue had to give up his place for us.

That feeling when hundreds of people are looking at you because you don't have to wait.

It's hilarious.

Even more jelly. Do you work for a site like 9lives, or a paper magazine?

Whools

Sending my laptop away for repair, and it has a good few steam saves on it, any particular pitfalls i should avoid when backing up saves or is it plain sailing?

derExperte

Anyone here have any experience using a VPN that has exit nodes in a country other than the country you reside in and using Steam?

Edit: Sorry, I should clarify--not using a VPN to circumvent regional restrictions, rather using a VPN on your normal connection, including at times that you purchase things on Steam.

If Steam sees that your IP is from another country you have to fake the address data accordingly to get the purchase to go through. Which got my account locked two times as the fraud protection kicked in due to some data not matching up. Didn't happen the first few times but I wouldn't do it.

Dawg

Gotcha. Note to self: try my luck with that SSD giveaway ;)

I can't even keep up with those contests :p There's a bunch of those every week and I can't even participate!

Happy the site is growing though. It went from a small project to one of the biggest Belgian gaming sites. Even got a scoop on neogaf with the Xbone delay in Belgium etc :p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
What's your vendetta?

Game is a laugh riot.
If I remember correctly he misinterpreted the gem system as some sort of pay to win scheme and not the obvious joke it is.

I'm pretty sure he was told otherwise, but he's still holding a grudge I guess.

Turfster

I can't even keep up with those contests :p There's a bunch of those every week and I can't even participate!

Happy the site is growing though. It went from a small project to one of the biggest Belgian gaming sites. Even got a scoop on neogaf with the Xbone delay in Belgium etc :p

Well you're staff! Of course you can't participate.
We could work something out if you could rig them though *nudge nudge wink wink*

Anyway, on a more serious note: it's a very nice site, so congratulations ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom