• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinomura

Ok, this is the Steam thread, but oh my god Origin.

I left downloading all the night Battlefield 3 and Dead Space 3 just to discover it hanged a few minutes I left the PC with "We're sorry, there's a problem, restart download" message, without trying to go on downloading.

Even from this point of view Steam is miles better...

Oh well. Any news about humle bundle? No more EA games or is there a late chance? :eek:

Razorskin

----- ------
The only reason I'm buying Amnesia instead of Outlast is because I know for sure that it'll scare the shit out of me.

If I hear great things about Outlast, I'll definitely pick it up.

It's tough for me, similar games at the same price with the pre-order discount coming out within a week from each other.

Vecks

Has anyone here played Ittle Dew? For some reason the ground graphics, mostly noticeable with grass, has little straight lines here and there. Best way I can explain it would be like if the tiles were badly placed. I haven't seen any mention of this anywhere, so I'm wondering if it's an uncommon issue.

derExperte

Has anyone here played Ittle Dew? For some reason the ground graphics, mostly noticeable with grass, has little straight lines here and there. Best way I can explain it would be like if the tiles were badly placed. I haven't seen any mention of this anywhere, so I'm wondering if it's an uncommon issue.

I had a similar issue in another game and deactivating anisotropic filtering through the graphics driver helped.

Has anyone played gone home?

There's an OT if you're looking for more impressions. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650115&highlight=gone+home

Ok, this is the Steam thread, but oh my god Origin.

I left downloading all the night Battlefield 3 and Dead Space 3 just to discover it hanged a few minutes I left the PC with "We're sorry, there's a problem, restart download" message, without trying to go on downloading.

Even from this point of view Steam is miles better...

Oh well. Any news about humle bundle? No more EA games or is there a late chance? :eek:

It took me more than 5 days to download Dead Space 3. First I couldn't get it to go faster than 50-70 kBps even after playing with DNS servers and using the firewall to block slow servers, I get 1.7MBps on steam all day. It would also stop every few percent and say the download failed and finally it completely stopped and had to be started again twice!

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Anyone here have any experience using a VPN that has exit nodes in a country other than the country you reside in and using Steam?

Edit: Sorry, I should clarify--not using a VPN to circumvent regional restrictions, rather using a VPN on your normal connection, including at times that you purchase things on Steam.

I have a VPN service. I have used steam with US, EU, ASIA an so on ips with no problem, I've never bought a game using other country's ip than my own.

ss_lemonade

It has godawful load times on pretty much anything, especially if you have a lot of the DLC. A friend of mine does, and it works pretty wonky for him, even though he has a monster rig.
Probably need to install it on an ssd (don't have one yet at the moment :(), but I imagine that taking a whole lot of space with some DLC included.

Well, I'll give it a try when I get home

v0rtikal

No issues over here with Origin. In fact I activated and downloaded Dead Space 3 on the same day it came out and I got max speed also.

HoosTrax

It's really kind of obnoxious when old-ass games that aren't even sold anymore, like IL-2 Sturmovik 1942, get a random 1.5GB update and they don't bother posting a quick note telling me why I'm downloading all of that data.

---

Also, why bother putting that there at all if you're just going to offer me one option.

lexc.png

Hit restart mission instead of checkpoint in Blacklist and lost an hour of progress. Don't put the the options right next to each other people!

Cru

Sorry if the Sims 3 key is already redeemed.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

The Sims 3 -- MB-A911DA2CC44C0598 - Taken by Kipp
The Sims 3 Late Night -- MB-E6424711128DC1E0 - Taken by Firehead
The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff -- MB-0A86BD4C7490CB34 - Taken by jshackles

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, seriously now. Does Assassin's Creed 2 ever end? I've played for over 19 hours now, and the fucker is still going on!

I remember, a long time ago, when this was a game I was really liking and enjoying a lot, hoping it'd never grow stale. Well, it didn't. It grew rotten instead, way past the expiration date. I want this to end. Now. What at first appeared to be a mild boredom has now grown to become the beginnings of true hate. I don't want to hate this game, and I want to finish it. But it is making it so hard for me to avoid the former and achieve the latter, incredibly hard indeed.

And I haven't touched a single side mission, apart from the optional temples (nice change of pace, even if the platforming feels a little "automatic"). So I can't begin to imagine how long this would take if I wanted to 100% it.

I'm dead serious, if this game lasted 10 hours less it would have been amazing. Right now, I'd rank it a little below "acceptable". Though that may be unfair, because when it was still good, it was good. So yeah, it's not bad at all, but at this point it has become mind-numbingly boring and repetitive and tedious and unbearable. And yet I'm glad I finally got to play it.

Razorskin

----- ------
Guys, seriously now. Does Assassin's Creed 2 ever end? I've played for over 19 hours now, and the fucker is still going on!

I remember, a long time ago, when this was a game I was really liking and enjoying a lot, hoping it'd never grow stale. Well, it didn't. It grew rotten instead, way past the expiration date. I want this to end. Now. What at first appeared to be a mild boredom has now grown to become the beginnings of true hate. I don't want to hate this game, and I want to finish it. But it is making it so hard for me to avoid the former and achieve the latter, incredibly hard indeed.

And I haven't touched a single side mission, apart from the optional temples (nice change of pace, even if the platforming feels a little "automatic"). So I can't begin to imagine how long this would take if I wanted to 100% it.

I'm dead serious, if this game lasted 10 hours less it would have been amazing. Right now, I'd rank it a little below "acceptable". Though that may be unfair, because when it was still good, it was good. So yeah, it's not bad at all, but at this point it has become mind-numbingly boring and repetitive and tedious and unbearable. And yet I'm glad I finally got to play it.

You're probably close to being finished, once you hit
~~~ Rome ~~~
you'll know you're soon done.

Kacho

Any good roguelikes on Steam? I was looking at Hack Slash Loot, but figured I'd ask to see if there were any better options I may have overlooked.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's really kind of obnoxious when old-ass games that aren't even sold anymore, like IL-2 Sturmovik 1942, get a random 1.5GB update and they don't bother posting a quick note telling me why I'm downloading all of that data.

---

Also, why bother putting that there at all if you're just going to offer me one option.

lexc.png

that's just the unity launcher

afaik there's no way to turn it off

Kuroyume

Banned
Any good roguelikes on Steam? I was looking at Hack Slash Loot, but figured I'd ask to see if there were any better options I may have overlooked.

I've heard bad things about Hack Slash Loot. Good things about Dungeons of Dredmor but haven't played either yet.

Cheddahz

Banned
Payday 2 so far has been the game I thought Payday 1 was going to be. I can't wait to play more of it tomorrow after I get done with classes

Vecks

Well, I'm glad it let me know.

Though I just bought some time machines and now I have 12 and we're going 337,696.4 cookies/sec.

Not that it matters much at this point with your insane cookie count but, why did you get so many cursors?

FauX

Me too. I don't understand why these people are complaining at all.
That's easy to answer: Steam has an auto downloader that is so well coded, that even if your PC reboot, suspend, lost connectivity, etc., it will always tried to connect to Steam servers to finish the Job.

However Origin... Let's say it's just the opposite.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
That's easy to answer: Steam has an auto downloader that is so well coded, that even if your PC reboot, suspend, lost connectivity, etc., it will always tried to connect to Steam servers to finish the Job.

However Origin... Let's say it's just the opposite.

But I don't have that problem so why are people bringing it up?

derExperte

I platinumed AC2 on PS3, took me between 30-40hrs. It's the best of the series and had a good length imo. If you want it to be 10hrs shorter after playing 19 I wonder if you really liked playing it, because that would be way too short for this kind of game.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Not that it matters much at this point with your insane cookie count but, why did you get so many cursors?
Partially for fun, partially because when you use the elder pledge their score boosts to 1.5 the number of cursors you have, which is nothing compared to the higher things, but when you have so much left over you just get stuff. I think I might go 100, 90, 80, 70, etc. and when new things are added the bottom will be 10 or 5 or whatever.
I'm probably never playing idling this again.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You're probably close to being finished, once you hit
~~~ Rome ~~~
you'll know you're soon done.
I think I'm at chapter 13, which according to some guide I read online (wanted to check how longer did I have left) is close to the end. Which in this game could mean 5 or 6 more hours...

And whose great idea was it to make playing the DLC obligatory, once owned? The last thing I want right now is more missions to play, thank you very much. After checking that guide at around chapter 8, I was really looking forward to
skipping memories 12 and 13 due to the data corruption, only to find out now that they got restored thanks to the DLC and now I had to play both of them.

I platinumed AC2 on PS3, took me between 30-40hrs. It's the best of the series and had a good length imo. If you want it to be 10hrs shorter after playing 19 I wonder if you really liked playing it, because that would be way too short for this kind of game.
I think I'd rather try Bad Rats than 100% this game, and I'm not joking. I did like it during the first 10 hours or so, but the second 10 hours are just more of the same, with the occasional
flying machine or carnival attraction
thrown in to add a feeling of variety. I'm willing to admit the problem lays with me and not with the game, but I was actually enjoying it a lot at first.

For example, in the part where I'm at now I have to
kill 9 guardians or so. And every time I'm forced to watch the death cutscene and a little scene afterwards showing the citizens running around.
How is that not boring and repetitive?

FauX

But I don't have that problem so why are people bringing it up?
Because you probably have a súper quantum PC.

For real, a lot of people here hate EA Origin, myself included. Terrible client. One example: Some time ago I bought an Amazon bundle for Origin, it included mass effect games and dragón age games. I activated on Origin just to see them wiped out from my account a week later. EA arbitrarily erased them, customer service never gave me a good reason for that action. So that's it, just hate to the Origin Client.

Because you probably have a súper quantum PC.

For real, a lot of people here hate EA Origin, myself included. Terrible client. One example: Some time ago I bought an Amazon bundle for Origin, it included mass effect games and dragón age games. I activated on Origin just to see them wiped out from my account a week later. EA arbitrarily erased them, customer service never gave me a good reason for that action. So that's it, just hate to the Origin Client.
Wow, that's terrible.

Kacho

Avoiding HSL at all costs. Hah

Dungeons of Dredmor it is then. I was quick to dismiss it because of the artstyle. Just read up on it a bit and it sounds good.

Thanks for steering me right guys.

I think I'm at chapter 13, which according to some guide I read online (wanted to check how longer did I have left) is close to the end. Which in this game could mean 5 or 6 more hours...

You are having the same experience I had with the game.

Now consider going through that all again...three more times... to get up to date with the series.

More than anything what I want from the Sims 4 is proper optimization and management of dlc/expansions. I love the game and have more of the expansions than I'd like to admit but once you have a bunch going it can be a complete crap shoot as to whether or not it'll run well. There have been times where I've played for a few hours, had the seasons change and had a pretty healthy 60 FPS with some drops here and there. Other times I'll play and the entire game will just chug endlessly no matter what.

Supernatural in particular was really bad about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom