• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
3 hour download, not so bad...

The wait is over :)

Enjoy the game, I still have to start SR3
sr3 is great, laughed my ass off, loved it to death

I didn't get mine yet.

This is a torture :(.
yeah I was actually considering buying a key and then reselling mine, the wait can turn you insane really quickly

Mine now shows as a SR4 Euro key and says release is on 23rd so looks like they might have the keys ready.

Very excited.
huh, that's weird

for me it changed to (brazil) a couple days ago and now it's to (na/row) and actually gave me two keys

like the shitty argie I am I can't speak two words of portuguese so I dunno what they're for

Chave padrão
Chave de pré-venda

pre-venda I reckon means prepurchase but no idea about "padrao"

I stuck both in steam and both had the same name so I dunno

I finished SR3 yesterday, and I find it quite boring. Occasionally I got some chuckles out of it, other than that, nothing excels in this game. I hope SR4 doesn't disappoint me.

Killer

Banned
Did you guys email them for it? That's what I did. I hasnt shown up in my account yet but they gave it to me via email

I did twice. No response whatsoever.

yeah I was actually considering buying a key and then reselling mine, the wait can turn you insane really quickly

That's what I planned to do. I'll give them till tomorrow then I'm buying somewhere else.

I assume one of the Keyes you got is for preorder bonuses.

Gvaz

Banned
I'm going to sleep and seeing if my GFWL games let me login

looks like im gonna try and get some cheevos i'll never obtain normally

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm still hoping that Microsoft/Rare patch GFWL out of Viva Piñata and release it on Steam with Steamworks features. :(

Ditto for Gears PC.

Edit: I still have my retail copy somewhere, receipt and all. If the game does come to Steam, I might see if I can twist the arm of MS Support for a Steam key -- a reasonable request considering it'll be useless once GFWL is shut down.

Edit edit: I found it! I paid $74.90 on the 17th of December, 2007. Oh, how I was so young and naive. :(

So, guys, sale on Origin.

Any of the NFS games there are any good? Should I get Saboteur and Syndicate? Any DLCs I should get for Amalur?
Haven't played Syndicate but The Saboteur is tons of fun. A lot of tactics and mission variety, gorgeous black/white atmospheric mechanic, killing Nazis, hilariously bad accents, parkour, Hitman-style stealth...

And this:
34us4.gif

Kabouter

Haven't played Syndicate but The Saboteur is tons of fun. A lot of tactics and mission variety, gorgeous black/white atmospheric mechanic, killing Nazis, hilariously bad accents, parkour, Hitman-style stealth...

And this:
34us4.gif

Absolutely agree. I love the whole cheesy WW2 setting too, with the absolutely über-Nazi villain, these crazy vehicles, lots of zeppelins and so on. Oh, and it has one of the best soundtracks of the generation as far as I'm concerned, even if it isn't technically accurate for the period.

I spent 20 minutes finding cows to run over in that game, hilarious. Remember it being quite fun, should give it another go at some point. Do I remember there being something wrong with the PC port correctly? I had the PS3 version.

JaseC

I spent 20 minutes finding cows to run over in that game, hilarious. Remember it being quite fun, should give it another go at some point. Do I remember there being something wrong with the PC port correctly? I had the PS3 version.

It's temperamental with AMD GPUs.

Ditto for Gears PC.

Edit: I still have my retail copy somewhere, receipt and all. If the game does come to Steam, I might see if I can twist the arm of MS Support for a Steam key -- a reasonable request considering it'll be useless once GFWL is shut down.

Edit edit: I found it! I paid $74.90 on the 17th of December, 2007. Oh, how I was so young and naive. :(

good lord that's like infinite steam games

That would be great.
Better yet, while they're at it, just port over Viva Piñata 2 and have it have Steamworks from the start

Maybe Hidden Path can do it one day once. Rare is probably busy doing... whatever they are doing these days.

Ditto for Gears PC.

I'll admit I've never played a gears game...or halo. I'm obviously curious so would love steam releases.

P.S. I finished Dead Space 1. Was great fun.

Sure is. I'm struggling a bit with Dead Space 3. Not so much for the action focus, to me it is pretty much the same as the other two. It just feels so "uncharted" to me, especially when Chloe shows up! I also don't know what they were thinking with the in-game UI implementation. Seriously.

But I think I'll slog through.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
P.S. I finished Dead Space 1. Was great fun.

Hey, I'd gladly play on your settings as opposed to mine. I can't get Dead Space to launch. It crashes every time. I've fixed it a couple times, but it always crashes before I even get to the gameplay.

Garbage port.

Addnan

Ditto for Gears PC.

I still have my copy too, but got for free in a comp from Epic. Will still try to get a free steam key though if it happens :p.

I think I have deserved it after putting about 5000 hours between the other gears and buying multiple copies of each.

Absolutely agree. I love the whole cheesy WW2 setting too, with the absolutely über-Nazi villain, these crazy vehicles, lots of zeppelins and so on. Oh, and it has one of the best soundtracks of the generation as far as I'm concerned, even if it isn't technically accurate for the period.
Introduced me to Nina Simone's "Feeling Good" :)

Sajjaja

I'll admit I've never played a gears game...or halo. I'm obviously curious so would love steam releases.

Sure is. I'm struggling a bit with Dead Space 3. Not so much for the action focus, to me it is pretty much the same as the other two. It just feels so "uncharted" to me, especially when Chloe shows up! I also don't know what they were thinking with the in-game UI implementation. Seriously.

Even I'VE played a Gears game on MY computer. It ran really well too (though the lowest settings). I have a boxed copy which I found for $2. Heck, it even has an unused LIVE code in there lol.

Uncharted? Not sure what you mean by that.
Hey, I'd gladly play on your settings as opposed to mine. I can't get Dead Space to launch. It crashes every time. I've fixed it a couple times, but it always crashes before I even get to the gameplay.

Garbage port.

Really? That's strange. Any details? If anything, I'll trade you my computer for yours :p

And yeah, the port is lacking. Especially the controls. I hope you have a controller. Oh, and turn off VSync. That's been known to cause problems (not sure if crash related, but it greatly improves FPS).

Also, not sure if I should start Dead Space 2 right away. Is it good that I should just get right into it?

I want Blazblue to get on Steam. I may just pick up a retail version.

That would be welcome.

Even I'VE played a Gears game on MY computer. It ran really well too (though the lowest settings). I have a boxed copy which I found for $2. Heck, it even has an unused LIVE code in there lol.

Uncharted? Not sure what you mean by that.

Linear cinematic action game. Nothing wrong with that, because I enjoy them when done well. But not quite what I wanted from DS3.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Really? That's strange. Any details? If anything, I'll trade you my computer for yours :p

And yeah, the port is lacking. Especially the controls. I hope you have a controller. Oh, and turn off VSync. That's been known to cause problems (not sure if crash related, but it greatly improves FPS).

Also, not sure if I should start Dead Space 2 right away. Is it good that I should just get right into it?
It's a widespread thing. Something with conrroller drivers. If I want to play it, I have to disable all my controllers, restart my PC, and hope it doesn't crash.

Of course, the only game I have serious issues playing on PC is also my favorite game of all time.

JaseC

The new Kinect Sports game actually looks kind of incredible!

One has to imagine and hope they will get back to Banjo, Perfect Dark, etc one of these days :/

It's a pity we didn't get the Banjo-Threeie Microsoft teased back in 2006. I liked Nuts & Bolts for what it was (and the OST is great), but I'd be lying if I said running around collecting the notes in Showdown Town didn't instil a want for a classic Banjo game.

Sajjaja

It's a widespread thing. Something with conrroller drivers. If I want to play it, I have to disable all my controllers, restart my PC, and hope it doesn't crash.

Of course, the only game I have serious issues playing on PC is also my favorite game of all time.

I'm not sure of the details but a quick search and I found this.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/17470/discussions/0/846942156145836438/

Maybe that could help?

TLinear cinematic action game. Nothing wrong with that, because I enjoy them when done well. But not quite what I wanted from DS3.

OOOhhhhh Uncharted. You didn't capitalize the noun so I thought you meant the word rather than the name of the game :mad:

zkylon

zkylewd

And this:
34us4.gif
I really enjoyed how the saboteur had an almost completely european cast

no americans to come and ruin everything, just a ton of funny accents and lively personalities fighting nazis, one black and white region at a time

so refreshing

nothing against games with american protagonists, but repetition is tiresome and I appreciate the variety

I really loved the saboteur, it's a really rough game but a charming game at least

That's what I planned to do. I'll give them till tomorrow then I'm buying somewhere else.

I assume one of the Keyes you got is for preorder bonuses.

they said in twitter the keys for the european customers will be available on the 23rd

" It depends where you are living. In Europe, for example, the keys will be available only on 23rd August."

north/south america is apparently done or so they told me

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
All those false positives where getting on my nerves.
Move over Norton, here comes Kaspersky.

Good day SteamGAF!
Played the first hour of Blacklist and I must say, i'm impressed! Those dogs are annoying little basterds, though.

My problem with Dead Space 3 is that it isnt scary. There are tons of ammo and heath everywhere. Lots of shootbang. WAY too predictable jump scares and game events. However, I am enjoying it for what it is. I am sad though because we probably won't get another Dead Space game :(

I'm on chapter 14.

The love triangle BS is LAME and made the characters annoying

LOOOOOOOVING SR4. Hopefully I keep this fun momentum going so I can finish the game.

Teknoman

Strange...somehow XCOM Enemy Unknown uninstalled itself?

Dunno if its because I already had the game, used a key that was supposed to be for the collection via GMG, and turned out to be just for Enemy Unknown (dont think Steam would let you redeem a key for something you already own). After GMG fixed the mistake, I gave the extra key for Enemy Unknown to someone on GAF...so hopefully that doesnt screw up my install.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
It has godawful load times on pretty much anything, especially if you have a lot of the DLC. A friend of mine does, and it works pretty wonky for him, even though he has a monster rig.
Dude, it's The Sims!
The Sims without long loadingtimes would be like JaseC without a Saoirse avatar.

Arthea

I used to play Descent games till nauseated (><), but I don't like Retrovirus, like at all... It doesn't play like Descent, or I just got really really picky?

Also I was wondering, why in many games having "full controller support", d-pad doesn't work. Is there any reason behind this that I'm not aware of?

JaseC

Why don't you just use a proxy to unlock it? It's totally safe, steam just has an issue with you trying to buy games via a proxy.

Oh, I'm aware of the option. I've recommended Spotflux probably a dozen times thus far in this thread. :p XCOM's foils have tanked in value, though, so I can wait -- I'm too busy with Rayman Origins at the moment to actually play the game.

_machine

Bah, I kept reading Outlast as Outland got really hyped...well whatever, I can buy it on PS3 now, but it would've been glorius on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom