• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
good morning steamgaf.

how's progress going on whatever it is you might be playing?

I'm gradually working my way through Rayman Origins. The time trials can be frustrating as, while the end point is usually around the midpoint of the level itself, there are no checkpoints -- if you die during a run, you have to start again, and it's easy to make a silly mistake or be a victim of bum luck.

There's still a week until Legends releases, though, so I think I'll get through the game in time.

The_Monk

I like watching the Japanese commercials that used Twin Peaks to advertise a type of canned coffee to get hype for Deadly Premonition.

This is amazing. But I don't know, Cherry Pie, Coffee it's normal BUT this is coming from a fellow GAFfer named Cheesecake? We might be on to something here... Hmmm.

good morning steamgaf.

Good morning fellow GAFfer. I've been without Internet/PC for something like10 days and when this happens It's harder for me to get back to something or starting a new game. I need to dig something different for now.

Knurek

good morning steamgaf.

Wrapped up Mass Effect 2, taking a short break to do Sleeping Dog's Year of the Dragon DLC, and then off to Mass Effect 3 I guess.

JaseC, keep at it - the time trials for Origins aren't that bad for the most part. Teeth hunting runs were much more infuriating, since you need zen-like precision to clear most of them.

Is it legal for MS to drop support and not do anything?

I think the terms of service state as much but it's been a while since I've read them. In terms of actual legality I don't know, especially since terms of service aren't legally binding in a lot of countries/courts.

good morning steamgaf.

I have scrolled up and down my library several times deciding what I should play but I'm just hamletting it all day long :(

The_Monk

just finished up EP3 of the walking dead. So many feels.....shit is getting good.

Great to see another fellow GAFfer enjoying the game. Please let me know/post when you are done with the game good sir, it was such a big surprise for me when I finished the game. I enjoyed it more than I was expecting.

FloatOn

I'm gradually working my way through Rayman Origins. The time trials can be frustrating as, while the end point is usually around the midpoint of the level itself, there are no checkpoints -- if you die during a run, you have to start again, and it's easy to make a silly mistake or be a victim of bum luck.

There's still a week until Legends releases, though, so I think I'll get through the game in time.

I play this from time to time. I'm a little over half way through.

It's good to just play a few levels here and there. I can't marathon platformer games likes I used to.

Good luck though.

just finished up EP3 of the walking dead. So many feels.....shit is getting good.

I finished 400 days today after leaving it for a long time.

It was... Decent enough. It'll be interesting if season 2 makes me care about anybody. For now I'm very much stuck in "to hell with everybody" mode as I choose to stay silent.

I'm also trying to open the last tunnel in spelunky. Damn that last tunnel.

JaseC

Wrapped up Mass Effect 2, taking a short break to do Sleeping Dog's Year of the Dragon DLC, and then off to Mass Effect 3 I guess.

JaseC, keep at it - the time trials for Origins aren't that bad for the most part. Teeth hunting runs were much more infuriating, since you need zen-like precision to clear most of them.

Oh, I intend to. 100%ing the AssCreed games has infinitely strengthened my resolve in the face of frustration. ;)

I play this from time to time. I'm a little over half way through.

It's good to just play a few levels here and there. I can't marathon platformer games likes I used to.

Good luck though.

<3

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
This is amazing. But I don't know, Cherry Pie, Coffee it's normal BUT this is coming from a fellow GAFfer named Cheesecake? We might be on to something here... Hmmm.

You've found me out, The_Monk!

When two separate events occur simultaneously pertaining to the same object in inquiry we must always pay strict attention.

tumblr_lfwqdf2e0m1qdnwiro1_500.gif

FloatOn

Yeah, they did a really great job with it. You are in for a real treat towards the end.

If the series had more "gameplay" moments it could have been something even more special. I'm not talking about putting on wonky systems just to have them like LA Noire but those moments where you actually have to aim and shoot were pretty exciting.

Fireblend

Banned
About halfway done with Tomb Raider. It sure is taking me a while :p

Other than that, I've only been playing Spelunky and I should probably resume FLY'N soon. Then I'm thinking I'll do Pid.

JaseC

100% the AssCreed games? Sounds a lot like torment to me. Are you gonna do 100% mission sync?

Oh, I've already completed the AssCreed games (100% sync all the way through) and am now waiting on Black Flag to pop up on the Steam store. The AssCreed 3 DLC actually wasn't as bad I'd assumed it would be.

Oh, I've already completed the AssCreed games (100% sync all the way through) and am now waiting on Black Flag to pop up on the Steam store. The AssCreed 3 DLC actually wasn't as bad I'd assumed it would be.
Wow, I could never force myself to do that.

Kifimbo

New version of the calendar (first page, post 10 and 18). Added these games:

09/26/2013 - World of Warplanes - Flight Sim - Wargaming.net/Wargaming.net - $XX.XX
11/12/2013 - XCOM: Enemy Within - Strategy - 2K Games/Firaxis - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

2013 - EVE Valkyrie - MMO - CCP Online/CCP Online - $XX.XX
2013 - Garfield Kart - Racing - Anuman Interactive/Microïds Games - $XX.XX
2013 - Grinsia - RPG - Nicalis/Kemco - $XX.XX
2014 - The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - Action/Adventure - Nicalis/Edmund McMillen - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

TBA - Dead Island: Epidemic - MOBA - Deep Silver/Stunlock Studios - $XX.XX
TBA - Starbound - Action/Adventure - Chucklefish Games/Chucklefish Games - $XX.XX
TBA - tronghold Crusader 2 - RTS/Simulation - Firefly Studios/Firefly Studios - $XX.XX
TBA - Syberia 3 - Adventure - Anuman Interactive/Microïds Games - $XX.XX
TBA - Terminator - Action - Reef Entertainment/? - $XX.XX

Turfster

Great, so my friends whom I recommended they buy through nuuvem are getting their NA/EU Saints Row keys, but my sure bet turned out to be a total wash.
What the fuck did I do in a previous life that my karma is so fucking bad?

SparkTR

I love how M&MX Early Access is still lingering around the top 5 while Splinter Cell Blacklist has dropped off. Not that I dislike Splinter Cell, but it looks like a good demonstration for Ubisoft and other publishers that there's a good market for PC-ass PC games that console ports can't capture.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Great, so my friends whom I recommended they buy through nuuvem are getting their NA/EU Saints Row keys, but my sure bet turned out to be a total wash.
What the fuck did I do in a previous life that my karma is so fucking bad?

You know what you did, reincarnation of Napoleon.

haikira

The store page for Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut should go up soon. The PC version is coming along nicely according to their latest update. They are also teasing some surprises for the launch.

Just bought this on the PS3 a few weeks ago, despite being off put by reading about performance problems. Hadn't got around to playing it yet. Very happy it's hitting steam though and I'm definitely going to double dip. I'd give away my PS3 game if I hadn't bought it on PSN.

good morning steamgaf.

Good morning to you too. =D

Couple of missions into Blacklist, being very very sneaky. Loving it so far.

Turfster

You know what you did, reincarnation of Napoleon.

Thanks for not going for one of the obvious ones there ;)

Haha, there are only four unfortunately.

They go in order, following Cooper's attempts to help this Japanese man get into the Black Lodge to save his girl.

Actually, going by the Japanese:
Lost is Chapter 1
Cherry Pie is Chapter 2
A mystery of G is Chapter 3
The rescue is The Final Chapter

Bah, I kept reading Outlast as Outland got really hyped...well whatever, I can buy it on PS3 now, but it would've been glorius on PC.

I totally forgot about this game; watched the trailer on Steam and realized that the building in it is most definitely based off a famous mental hospital here in Buffalo. It's eerie:

I'm now very excited for this game.

JaseC

AC1 has like 400 flags to collect that unlock literally nothing on PC.AC3 doesn't even come close to that level of tedium.

Yeah, there are no achievements in the PC version, and while completing a set does increase your sync/health bar, you max it out as you progress through the main missions, anyway -- they are utterly and completely useless and unnecessary, even for a completionist. If AssCreed's sync rate wasn't tied to the health bar, I would have collected them, but there was absolutely no reason for me to go out of my way to do so.

Edit: Oh, the answer to your question above is "no". I maxed out the sync bar, though, so it counts. ;)

O Tavares

Neo Member
AC1 has like 400 flags to collect that unlock literally nothing on PC.AC3 doesn't even come close to that level of tedium.

AC2 had the feathers, which were quite nasty as well. But I just loved that game. Not so much the campaign, but the free exploration of the secret ruins made it feel special, adventurous. Loved it. However, after completing AC2 I felt like I had enough AC in my veins for some years.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The only issue I had with AC1 flags is that they don't get marked on the map, neither before with map purchasing or after you get them.

I like all sorts of useless collectibles but if the game doesn't offer any way for me to know where I already grabbed one I completely lose interest. Thankfully they fixed that in the maps of the following games.

Even in Prototype I tried going after those orbs (if anything, that game had great movement), until I realized it was a fool's errand because I'd have to revisit all the spots if I wanted to make sure I nabbed them. Terrible design.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Doesn't this happen with almost every game with the same type of item hunting?
Yep, but thankfully less and less so these days. Most devs are realizing there's no reason the in-game map needs to be crap and that it can have markers for this kind of thing.

I don't even need the map to show where's the next item, I just want it to at least check where I already got one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom