• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Aquaria -- MB-0F361B5A484A86C7 - Taken by Robert J. Sullivan
Wizorb, BIT TRIP RUNNER, Gratuitous Space Battles and Jamestown -- MB-DE5B9C953155985D - Taken by BorntoPlay
Humble Indie Bundle 3 -- MB-5E39508A56628C16 - Taken by creamsugar
Titan Quest -- MB-708825EE50FC0A54 - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft
Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War -- MB-089144793D44B030 - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft
Fractal -- MB-999015B6B9B6C0AE - Taken by intheinbetween
NightSky -- MB-DEEB629C89B9972D - Taken by Aaron

EDIT: Just noticed the banner is wrong, Warhammer 40k is the FIRST Dawn of War, not Dawn of War II.

Divius

Sweet giveaway! Is Wizorb, BIT TRIP RUNNER, Gratuitous Space Battles and Jamestown a single key? I already have Jamestown but want bittriprunner

edit: lol nvm

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I keep reading it as Outcast and cry voxel tears while waiting for news on its revival.

I wonder if the original will make it to Steam now that Appeal owns the IP -- its GOG exclusivity period has well and truly expired.

Edit: Oh, nice, apparently I own the GOG version. Still, the more games on Steam, the merrier!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Could someone bring me up to date in regards to GFWL? When will it be shutting down and how will this affect anything?

The GFWL store is being shut down later today, while the service itself was given a stay of execution until July 1st next year. Stump's following post addresses the matter succinctly:

Games that will no longer be available for digital purchase in 3 days:
AFL Live
Battle vs. Chess - Not purchasable on Steam, Publisher is essentially defunct
CarneyVale: Showtime - Independent title
Crash Time 4: The Syndicate - Other series installments are on Steam
Game Room - Many constituent titles are available sans-GFWL
Gears of War for Windows
Halo 2 for Windows Vista
Hour of Victory
Quantum of Solace - Game no longer for sale on Steam
Shadowrun - Servers are no longer running for this, right?
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Mahjong Wisdom -- MS has a free Mahjong game on W8, "replacement"?
Rugby League Live
Tinker - Free, download right now if you ever want to play
Tron: Evolution
Vancouver 2010
Viva Piñata for Windows
Where’s Waldo? The Fantastic Journey

Games whose online facilities and achievements will die July 1, 2014--some of these may no longer be able to be activated at this point and thus will be DEAD DEAD:
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon – Enhanced Edition
Blacklight: Tango Down
Bulletstorm
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
Dead Rising 2
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
DiRT 2
Dirt 3
F1 2010
F1 2011
Fable III
Fallout 3
FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage
FUEL
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
Iron Brigade
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Lost Planet 2
Microsoft Flight
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Ms. Splosion Man
Operation Flashpoint: Red River
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Section 8
Section 8: Prejudice
Star Wars: The Clone Wars – Republic Heroes
Street Fighter IV
Street Fighter X Tekken
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Universe at War: Earth Assault
Virtua Tennis 4

Is Epic still in business? What are they doing at the moment?

Unreal Engine 4?
They'll probably release a pilot game for the engine somewhere next year on the next gen consoles. I'm imagining they might not be undertaking any immediate game projects because of the nonsense that happened with unreal engine 3 where they couldn't adequatly support the technology for a number of third parties because they were preoccupied with their own games.

Momentary

Banned
I want Blazblue to get on Steam. I may just pick up a retail version.

I would definitely pick it up. I loved the first one, but I quit console gaming when the second one was released. This a Xrd need to come to PC. They are already running on PC hardware at the arcades. Don't know why they wouldn't want free money.

Pertaining to M&M X:
I have never played a mainline Might and Magic. I always played Heroes. The first person thing is kind off putting but I love the aesthetics of the game.

With the change in ownership, I'm worried about Red Faction:Guerilla. I know there was a sale recently but still Nordic may not access to the code or just not care enough to assign someone to do it.

Lain

Played a little bit of Betrayer yesterday. The sense of fear is there (and I dislike it, I don't like horror stuff, but i knew it from going in so it doesn't influences my opinion), and the style with everything in black and white is pretty damn cool (one of the main reason I decided to bite on this alpha).

zkylon

zkylewd
ok sr4 has like the best soundtrack ever

edit: I also find it hilarious that sr4 is more "realistic" than sr3 in that it gives context for all the ridiculous shit that happens since "it's all a simulation".

Nillansan

The store page for Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut should go up soon. The PC version is coming along nicely according to their latest update. They are also teasing some surprises for the launch.

Rising Star Games said:
Hi everyone!

Just thought we should check in and keep you abreast of how things are going with the PC version of DPDC... and the answer is very well! Development's flowing smoothly and we've nailed down both a release date and the specifications, so we'll be able to share those shortly. In fact, you'll see them as soon as the actual Steam Store page goes live, which should be very soon indeed - it's complete, so we're just waiting for it to be activated. Only a little while longer, friends!

We've also got a treat or two lined up for the game's launch, but that's something that we'll talk about closer to Halloween. And yes, it IS going to be Halloween - there's no better time to send York out on a case!

The_Monk

The store page for Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut should go up soon. The PC version is coming along nicely according to their latest update. They are also teasing some surprises for the launch.

This game is one of those love it or hate it but with a nice hot cup of Coffee and the soundtrack you can't really say no to be honest.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Honestly this is a justifiable sentiment if gfwl goes down and some games aren't patched. Mostly because I will own a bunch of utterly useless games that I'd need to hack in order to play.

The problem here is that Microsoft doesn't care about the consumer, especially if it is a PC user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom