• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

Oh so I was playing some Divekick last night and it occurred to me that this is a modern version of Karate Champ.

I would have never even thought of Karate Champ had I not played it at this "barcade" a couple of weeks ago.

With that in mind people that are writing this game off as a cheap flash game need to have a retro flashback and realize that just because a game seems simple doesn't mean it can't have depth.

Nillansan

Great game. I've been meaning to do a new game plus for it and Mark of the Ninja. I might do that next month.

Go for it, you can really breathe new life into the game by invoking various gods in the Shrine.

Is it just me that find Bastion extremely overrated?

I don't really know about that. I am having a great time with it, the game feels incredibly polished. The combat is stellar, it really starts to shine when you try your hand at the various arenas in the game.

Cth

good morning steamgaf.

how's progress going on whatever it is you might be playing?

Just finished The Swapper, deciding on what to play next.. I may try to finish Rogue Legacy.

Then again, someone asked about Weird Worlds.. I may give that a shot and post some feedback on it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sony took The Chinese Room's innocence away ;-;
lol

Just got spammed by some guy named Community. I can win a free game by putting my email into a random community page. Time to go!

Yeah, I added him because we had two friends and two groups in common, but as soon as I got that message I removed him.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Oh so I was playing some Divekick last night and it occurred to me that this is a modern version of Karate Champ.

I would have never even thought of Karate Champ had I not played it at this "barcade" a couple of weeks ago.

With that in mind people that are writing this game off as a cheap flash game need to have a retro flashback and realize that just because a game seems simple doesn't mean it can't have depth.

Divekick is all about mindgames and although the controls are simple the overall gameplay is really depth and you also have all the subtle references to the fgc that can take a smile from you. Thanks for gift <3

O Tavares

Neo Member
Is there anyone from Europe in this page willing to play Castle Crashers cooperatively? If so, add me to your Steam profile so eventually we can play a few games together! :)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I just went BTA on the weekly bundle, I'll probably check Amnesia this weekend and hope it doesn't fuck with my sleep cycle by making me wake up from nightmares.

I was perusing the Chinese Room betrayalton thread and I got under the impression they developed the first game, but it was in fact Frictional who did. I don't really care either way but it was amusing seeing that thread right before I got to messing with the dev/charity/humble slider.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box -- MB-FD0F8CCD5CE64B3A - Taken by droppedbear
Medal of Honor -- MB-B69C1E389BE9BDA2 - Taken by throwawayname
Dead Space -- MB-39F765CFC1A1A845 - Taken by nightstorm
Mirror's Edge -- MB-E153741AA8C94046 - Taken by Atraveller
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-BFC711C3CBF0BD6C - Taken by Infinite Justice
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-B1847EEAEF74FF92 - Taken by liezryou
The Showdown Effect -- MB-DE08F4C1DB2F8728 - Taken by The_Monk
Amnesia: The Dark Descent -- MB-859787984DE7E499 - Taken by Pestilence11

Thought I'd give away some of my keys. Enjoy!

Sony took The Chinese Room's innocence away ;-;
lol

Just got spammed by some guy named Community. I can win a free game by putting my email into a random community page. Time to go!

Yeah, I added him because we had two friends and two groups in common, but as soon as I got that message I removed him.

There is apparently a new phishing scam going around.

From the Steam Group "Trader's Guild":
Hey all!

Seems like scammers are picking up with their scams.

There's this phishing attempt going about Steam as to where a bot adds you and says that he / she / it / thing has a friend that can't add you for some strange reason.

Following that, the bot will then paste the link of the supposed link of that friend via Steam Community format.

If you receive something like that. DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK. Chances are its a fake URL with very small adjustments to the words "steamcommunity".

This is the real Steam Community URL:
http://steamcommunity.com/

The one that I've been getting goes along the lines of "steamconmunity" instead of "steamcommunity". Other versions may also apply.

Hope you all stay safe!

Cheers
- Amber

Not sure if related to that, but still a good PSA in any case.

Fireblend

Banned
Did you guys notice this symbol towards the end of the XCOM announcement trailer?
mMWLq5i.png

The_Monk

Fellow GAFfer Fireblend I don't get the symbol. Please explain what I'm looking at?

EDIT: Also, thanks for the giveaway INDIGO_CYCLOPS (good times when we where in the Dark Souls hype thread!)

That Rapture thread is awful, god.

Honestly I think I'm done with internet forums. I thought GAF would be different but it's the same shit, different place.
I think I'm just going to look and post in threads dedicated to games, sharing progress/experience/help/feedback on a game is the only thing that I find "worthwhile".

Any resemblance between my first paragraph and Niko Bellic is completely random

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
What a bummer, didn't catch your post; would have sent it your way!

I am hyped for A Machine for Pigs, though.
No prob haha, it was cheap anyway. It was just funny that I waited until the last moments of the bundle to raise the amount and there was a giveaway with the game right after I post about it. :lol

I'm not big on horror games but I'm hoping to enjoy it.

Fireblend

Banned
Fellow GAFfer Fireblend I don't get the symbol. Please explain what I'm looking at?

EDIT: Also, thanks for the giveaway INDIGO_CYCLOPS (good times when we where in the Dark Souls hype thread!)

Dunno, I just noticed it towards the end of the trailer when the transmission seems to get interrupted. Maybe it's hinting towards some content they haven't told us about.

Also, the trailer mentions "there might be another force at work"... I kind of suspect Firaxis isn't telling us everything about what's on the expansion just yet.

chronomac

Since the sale ends in a few hours:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Botanicula -- MB-2BBAF215EA31B5C8 - Taken by didamangi

header_292x136.jpg

Thomas Was Alone -- MB-7511F9D3FFF27702 - Taken by webrunner

header_292x136.jpg

McPixel -- MB-A2A35A9B9167E3AC - Taken by kennah

Thank you very much for Amnesia. I was going to grab it in the Summer Sale but too much other stuff came up. Now to make my GF play it in the dark.

Ohh that will be fun! What a game...At one point I had to stop playing it in the dark because I couldn't muster the courage to proceed. But GOOD horror games get me like that.

You're welcome Monk, and I'm looking forward to more good times with DS 2!

hlhbk

Ohh that will be fun! What a game...At one point I had to stop playing it in the dark because I couldn't muster the courage to proceed. But GOOD horror games get me like that.

You're welcome Monk, and I'm looking forward to more good times with DS 2!

I really need to finish Amnesia before the sequal releases. That being said I don't know if I can force myself to as I quit do to fear the last time I played months ago. :p

hlhbk

So pumped for Lords of Shadow to be released on PC next week! Such a huge difference in performance from the consoles in that demo! I wonder if we will get an OT for the PC version this week? I would post one but I never have and don't understand if there are rules behind them such as content and/or if only certain people post them?

Aaron

To continue the giving, here are some steam codes:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg

The Whispered Word -- MB-D98B57867DE65C6C - Taken by sapsari
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-2877358C032F05E4 - Taken by XShagrath

DagsJT

Sent Nuuvem a support ticket asking if they can give me my Saints Row IV EU key as others appear to have theirs and I wanted to start my pre-load ... and was told the game is released tomorrow.

How big is the game to download?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
There's still a hidden Mirror's Edge code in this thread.

Btw, anybody who plays Awesomenauts in this thread? I'm no MP kinda guy, but this one's awesome. Bursting with style and above all, fun.

good morning steamgaf.

how's progress going on whatever it is you might be playing?

Good morning, currently about 3/4s of the way through Deus Ex: HR. Having a great time playing through it. The game has some unbelievable production values and the attention to detail is insane. There has been very few games that compare to the denseness of the environment.

Is it just me that find Bastion extremely overrated?

I don't think so. It's a great looking game. It tries to do things in a genre that has needed a new take for the longest time.

Just finished The Swapper, deciding on what to play next.. I may try to finish Rogue Legacy.

Then again, someone asked about Weird Worlds.. I may give that a shot and post some feedback on it.

The last puzzle of the swapper was gave me a headache. Spent close to two hours trying to solve it. One of the best pc games of the year though. I'm also thinking about picking up Rogue Legacy, but I still need to finish other games in my backlog :(

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
LOL that is awesome.

Key points for castlevania thread:

-the game is now anywhere from 3-6 times the framerate of the original release
-the game is anywhere from 2-3x as clear thanks to the resolution

similar to Garshasp these points make it undoubtably better than all the gods of war except for ghost of sparta hdizzle,

FloatOn

Divekick is all about mindgames and although the controls are simple the overall gameplay is really depth and you also have all the subtle references to the fgc that can take a smile from you. Thanks for gift <3

Glad to be of service. And hey, my wife either doesn't care or hasn't noticed that I've gone over my monthly steam budget so that's a plus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom