• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Nah, making an OT is easy.

I remember the Uncharted 3 OT:
theheader.jpg

Copons

I'm on my first playthrough am finding the gameplay to become repetitive already. I'm trying to keep it fresh with new weapons, but there's still not much variety.

I think this.

While it's true that graphics and especially music is great, the whole "world creating as you go" is astounding at first but eventually it grow tiresome.

And the game itself is pretty linear and repetitive, even if you use every weapon and stuff.

I don't know. At first it really seemed something else, but shortly it grew weary on me.

oipic

good morning steamgaf.

how's progress going on whatever it is you might be playing?

Morning, RE. Hope your day turns out to be a good one.

I've just waded into Alan Wake (at the beginning of the second act now) - liking it so far.

A very kind soul gifted me a copy of To the Moon today, so I hope to play through that on the weekend - very much looking forward to it, too.

Zero gaming progress today, though - just finished a 15-hour work day. :/

Almost time for everyone to start planning their gaming weekend! (or do people, like, do... other things then?)

v0rtikal

Gamersgate are you kidding me?

I just received an email from them telling me that Bioshock Infinite has 67% off during this weekend. You would think "oh that's awesome" .. well not so much considering the price without any discount is, according to them, $79,95 ! o_O

FloatOn

Morning, RE. Hope your day turns out to be a good one.

I've just waded into Alan Wake (at the beginning of the second act now) - liking it so far.

A very kind soul gifted me a copy of To the Moon today, so I hope to play through that on the weekend - very much looking forward to it, too.

Zero gaming progress today, though - just finished a 15-hour work day. :/

Almost time for everyone to start planning their gaming weekend! (or do people, like, do... other things then?)

Oh man, Alan Wake is so damn good. I rented it from red box back when I had my xbox and played through the whole thing in like 3 days.

I hardly ever get through games that fast anymore. I hope you love the game as much as I did.

I intend to play it on PC again some time since I never went through the DLC.

Grief.exe

Has anyone been able to find any information on why F2P entries are gone from the Steam Profile All Games list?

Includes games like TF2, Blacklight, and Planetside 2, but not Dota 2.

Fireblend

Banned
Oh man, Alan Wake is so damn good. I rented it from red box back when I had my xbox and played through the whole thing in like 3 days.

I hardly ever get through games that fast anymore. I hope you love the game as much as I did.

I intend to play it on PC again some time since I never went through the DLC.

The DLC is very good, some of the best "episodes" in the game. Make sure to play it when you've got the chance.

That reminds me, I should really get around to playing The Missing Link =/

fantomena

Just received an alpha key for War of the Vikings. Think I signed up for the alpha 2-3 days ago. :p

Aaaaaaand there I bought Skullgirls. Damn.

Martian

Someone just bought a weapon of CSGO for 12euros!
I feel rich, so i need some recommendations on what to spend it on (preferably cheaper games as I dont like to spend too much money on 1 game)

Firebrand

Just received an alpha key for War of the Vikings. Think I signed up for the alpha 2-3 days ago. :p
Just found it in my Steam library, seems they added it because I registered the free key for that awful War of the Roses game. Let's hope this one ends up a bit better.

derExperte

good morning steamgaf.

how's progress going on whatever it is you might be playing?

Good, I'm finishing Rayman Origins on PS3 in preparation for Legends and I'm almost done. But not going for 100%, some levels are hard enough to get through without picking everything up. And those speed- and chestruns...

I feel rich, so i need some recommendations on what to spend it on (preferably cheaper games as I dont like to spend too much money on 1 game)

CSGO seems to be where the money is these days, I think have to look into that. How did you get the weapon, opening these chests? And I would recommend the new Amnesia for 12,79€. But it isn't out yet.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Last night I dreamt that I sold one for $56. I awoke disappointed. :(

Good, I'm finishing Rayman Origins on PS3 in preparation for Legends and I'm almost done. But not going for 100%, some levels are hard enough to get through without picking everything up. And those speed- and chestruns...

I've found that the chest levels are less of a hassle than the time trials.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Key points for castlevania thread:

-the game is now anywhere from 3-6 times the framerate of the original release
-the game is anywhere from 2-3x as clear thanks to the resolution

similar to Garshasp these points make it undoubtably better than all the gods of war except for ghost of sparta hdizzle,

Castlevania: Lords of Shadows PC |OT| Objectively Tops God of War

Divius

I think this.
While it's true that graphics and especially music is great, the whole "world creating as you go" is astounding at first but eventually it grow tiresome.
And the game itself is pretty linear and repetitive, even if you use every weapon and stuff.
I don't know. At first it really seemed something else, but shortly it grew weary on me.
Sounds about right.

Giran

Just finished the master dungeon in Ittle Dew. Some really fun puzzles, nice visuals, occasionally funny writing. Gotta say I thoroughly enjoyed this game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
CSGO seems to be where the money is these days, I think have to look into that. How did you get the weapon, opening these chests? And I would recommend the new Amnesia for 12,79€. But it isn't out yet.

To open the crates you need to purchase a key, so there's an element of risk/reward. They're ~$1.96 at the moment.

Martian

Yeah I opened 2 chests. One contained a gun worth 27 cents, the other one contained a stattrak Glock worth 13.

I purchased the keys using money made on crates I had sold earlier.

Not too sure about Amnesia, not really into horro games (Alan Wake is too much already)

ArjanN

I'm on my first playthrough am finding the gameplay to become repetitive already. I'm trying to keep it fresh with new weapons, but there's still not much variety.

It's funny how New Game + is less than an hour long given how overpowered you get.

morningbus

Nope. What's better then?

1) LoS renders in a higher native resolution.

2) LoS displays at a higher frame rate.

3) LoS will be forwards-compatible with new hardware for the foreseeable future.

There. LoS is objectively better than GoW.

fantomena

Working for Game Trailers, are we?

Haha, no. I have played every single GoW game (can't wait for the next one) also Castlevania: LoS (rented from a friend on PS3). GoW is still way better, but LoS was also incredible.

3) LoS will be forwards-compatible with new hardware for the foreseeable future.

Ahh, technology. Of coruse LoS will be better than GoW on PC, I thought we were walking about gameplay and the game itself. :p

hitoshi

Has anyone been able to find any information on why F2P entries are gone from the Steam Profile All Games list?

A few weeks back when they were tweaking Steam Trading Cards, they changed the way Steam calculated games because of the XP it gives you. In the past it even counted DLCs as separate games.

FloatOn

This man speaks the truth.

At least with this post.

morningbus

Ahh, technology. Of coruse LoS will be better than GoW on PC, I thought we were walking about gameplay and the game itself. :p

Those are entirely subjective opinions. We're talking about objective superiority.

We are not talking about Ayn Rand

This man speaks the truth.

At least with this post.

I always speak the truth, even when it is masked by my sardonic smile.

krzy123

Beat Ass Creed Relevations last night, while not as good as the other 2, still somewhat enjoyable. The credits popped, i figured i'd go back and do some stuff i missed, so i tried to skip the credits by exiting and reloading, but nope back at credits. After waiting 20 minutes (i tracked the time) the credits ended, I promptly exited and uninstalled the game.

Thinking KotOR 2 for my next game.

Cth

So, I finally got around to playing Weird Worlds, since someone asked earlier in the thread..

It has Roguelike elements (randomized worlds, expect to die, etc) but in a weird way it's also geared toward casual gameplay. It's a short game, but it's fun and random to try and top your previous scores, so there's that.

3 styles of gameplay (exploration, military, pirate).. different styles of ships that can be customized as you trade/buy/find new equipment.

Random events like black holes appearing, stars going supernova requiring you to escape, etc. Honestly I've avoided combat for the most part so far, as I died more often than not.

The menu has an option to simulate combat between 4 races and fleets.

Here's how my last two games went:

- Explored the galaxy, rescued a guy who joined his ship with my fleet. Went into enemy territory and was warned off. Fled to a nebula slowing my progress. System I arrived in started to go supernova - thankfully it warned me letting me flee before the explosion reached my ship. Traded with a species, found some random equipment and aliens on a planet. Went home to complete my ten year mission.

- Found a derelict ship and approached it. As soon as I got close, it unleashed unholy hell and destroyed my ship

Grief.exe

A few weeks back when they were tweaking Steam Trading Cards, they changed the way Steam calculated games because of the XP it gives you. In the past it even counted DLCs as separate games.

I theorized that was the reason as well, but I figured they would have shown back up on our games list by now.

derExperte

Beat Ass Creed Relevations last night, while not as good as the other 2, still somewhat enjoyable. The credits popped, i figured i'd go back and do some stuff i missed, so i tried to skip the credits by exiting and reloading, but nope back at credits. After waiting 20 minutes (i tracked the time) the credits ended, I promptly exited and uninstalled the game.

Thinking KotOR 2 for my next game.

Oh god the endless credits, they do the same thing in every AssCreed. Whyyy?

And it looks like I'll be getting AC3 for free through PS+ but I think I will completely skip that and go straight to the new one.

Copons

Valve fucked up something during last maintenance and F2P games (and demo, mods, and whatever) now behave weirdly. AFAIK they are aware of this problem, so it shouldn't take that long to fix it.

Turfster

Oh god the endless credits, they do the same thing in every AssCreed. Whyyy?

And it looks like I'll be getting AC3 for free through PS+ but I think I will completely skip that and go straight to the new one.

Because Janet the secretary to the junior assistant to the VP of the South-East-Asian branch of the Law/Marketing division needs to get credited too damn it!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So uh, where can one find a guide/tutorial for Guild 2: Renaissance? The video tutorial feels awkward.

Pakkidis

Because Janet the secretary to the junior assistant to the VP of the South-East-Asian branch of the Law/Marketing division needs to get credited too damn it!

Seriously!!! The only people who should be credited are those that ACTUALLY worked on the game. I don't care about the vp of marketing in Europe. No offense to you marketing guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom