• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thank you one more time for you great work fellow GAFfer!

You are most welcome!

Thanks for the help earlier jshackles. First time I ever heard of a corrupted chrome profile.

No problem. It happens from time to time. I think I'm going to have to update my FAQs to include that fix. Actually, I really need to update the entire site.

Turfster

ok, I just found the attitude displayed in various places embarrasing, that's all.

Anyway, is the base price for Bioshock Infinite in Gamersgate showing as 80 dollars for anyone else? http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-BIOSI/bioshock-infinite

I was thinking buying the game since it had a 67% discount, but the base price of 80 dollars (weird) doesn't make it a very good deal.

Base price is listed as 50€ here (which is the RRP).
Guess you're getting a taste of how the other half of the world lives.

Sorry Fatshark
47pLUJ1.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpynx151S_k&feature=youtu.be
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=658801

Samurai + Spartans > Vikings

Nabs

Skullgirls has amazing netcode (same as Divekick - GGPO). I played an hour with a bro from across the pond (north east us > london) and it was pretty damn smooth. I was able to pull off all my stupid shit with no input delay or lag.

Turfster

Don't starve is back on sale to taunt me. Should i go for it?

Do you like slowly losing your mind as the darkness surrounding you seems to be filled with creatures that want to kill you while you furiously try to build a fire to keep the darkness at bay and cook something because you're dying of hunger?
No? What's wrong with you, man!
(Yes, get it, it's great)

Quake1028

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Space 3 Origin Key -- MB-8129824B0DE7563A - Taken by Rob N Banks
Dead Space Origin Key -- MB-E7A680A54AFECAE9
Populous Origin Key -- MB-DA217592EE95BAA7 - Taken by intheinbetween
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Origin Key -- MB-1E8D4B95743B6B9F
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising Origin Key-- MB-BDA40FE5F5E06CB5 - Taken by SpongeBob NoPants
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Origin Key -- MB-7D5ADCCB6A75E4F9
Battlefield 3 Origin Key -- MB-E0EF45F84C6D8215 - Taken by damaph
Medal of Honor Origin Key -- MB-249A0C3493DEF4FF
Mirror's Edge Origin Key -- MB-A1BB28963490DE98 - Taken by nightstorm
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Steam Key -- MB-1BFBBEF51478C83F - Taken by Berlok

Hope I did this right.

Whools

Yes. The answer is
almost
always yes

yes, it's all sorts of great

Do you like slowly losing your mind as the darkness surrounding you seems to be filled with creatures that want to kill you while you furiously try to build a fire to keep the darkness at bay and cook something because you're dying of hunger?
No? What's wrong with you, man!
(Yes, get it, it's great)

Alright I'm in.

chugen

have fun

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Red Alert 3 Uprising #2 -- MB-3975965F0ADAE741 - Taken by Lingitiz
Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-F623E6AE07B05D16 - Taken by Slacker

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, Epic has posted a few new things on its Facebook page, but I've yet to receive a reply to my message regarding Gears/Bulletstorm and the patching out of GFWL.

Better, but still not exactly as they are when I view the original:

The AA looks significantly worse.

Are you using an injector for the AA (e.g. SMAA)? If so, you'll need to use something like FRAPS to take screenshots as some utilities won't pick up such effects.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Are you using an injector for the AA (e.g. SMAA)?

Nope. I use SweetFX for DS1, but I'm running Dead Space 2 at the maximum settings downsampled from 2880x1620 and vsync forced through Nvidia control panel. I'm using fraps to take these shots. The DS3 screenshots I put on Minus at their original resolution ended up being perfect, exactly as it looks in-game. I resized the DS2 images in IrfanViewer, set to resample and retain the highest quality available. Still looks like butt.

Mugatu

I hope someone still needs this - it's Steam BTW

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 -- MB-756748A9614549E4 - Taken by r3n4ud

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Battlefield 4 Beta showed up on my Origin game list (as I have Battlefield 3 Premium).

But since it's named "Exclusive Battlefield 4 Beta", it shows up after Dead Space, and not together with the other Battlefield games.

1gUwb.jpg

theytookourjobz

Loving Spelunky and I've never really had a point where I felt the game cheated me because deaths are always tied to some mistake I made, but I almost just threw my fucking controller through my screen. Last level of the temple and there's a crocodile man patrolling by the exit. I am loaded to the gills with bombs and ropes about to fight Olmec for only the second time. I throw my boomarang at the croc dude from a safe distance and I die instantly. I had 8 health. That is fucked. Read the wiki afterwards and apparently if you try and kill him head on, he teleports into your body resulting in an instakill. I'm sorry but that is fucking bullshit design. Putting an enemy that does something like that in one of the last levels of the game with no warning is not fun or endearing.

Man, I was really hoping EA would add Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm to the Humble Bundle :(

This + lack of weekly sale =

IgMyx.gif

---------

Somewhat EA related, I seriously need to finish Dragon Age: Origins because I need the HDD space, but I don't want to :( I'm at Denerim, just before the endgame, but I was already burned by the game and every time I think that there are still threeish hours left plus every DLC and Awakening it just feels too much.

I've been saying myself "I'll just play something lighter, and then I'll finish it!" for a month. I've beaten seven games (6 3-4h indies, plus 100% Saints Row 3 minus coop mode), for fucks sake :lol

Gbraga

What do you mean minus co-op mode? I thought Saints Row The Third co-op was campaign co-op.

Have I played an entirely different co-op campaign this whole time without realising?

Turfster

Sigh. I wish you could 'ignore' a game on Steam.
Since most of my friends are in the US, my friends activity list is basically nothing but purple cut off squares full of spoilers...

So can you not get free DLC for a game you don't own on Steam? The Skullgirls DLC says it will be free until November, but I doubt I'll buy the game before then.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Anyone else looking at their badge page and seeing "0.0 hrs on record" for every game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom