• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlhbk

Man I really wish EA would release Burnout 3 HD that was a launch title on the 360 on PC. It was by far the best Burnout game.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-7DFBC9C511A8DCF9 - Taken by hlhbk
Enjoy

Phinor

Base price is listed as 50€ here (which is the RRP).
Guess you're getting a taste of how the other half of the world lives.

Well 50€ base price but to compensate, it's only discounted 33% in Europe making it 33.49€ (which is more than I paid gamersgate when I pre-ordered the game with all the pre-order goodies). That also makes 67% off of $80 the better deal by far.

Omega

Banned
That's half the fun.

The other half is hitting the yell button.

yea and then they curse each other out saying it was a mistake lol.

yep. I love Chivalry but I don't take it serious. half the time I just start laughing when I get teamkilled

because 95% of the time, it's an avoidable situation. They just tried to be a hero and save you from the enemy you were in a battle with, or just a dick trying to steal kills. Then they end up killing you and then dying to the enemy

Copons

yep. I love Chivalry but I don't take it serious. half the time I just start laughing when I get teamkilled

because 95% of the time, it's an avoidable situation. They just tried to be a hero and save you from the enemy you were in a battle with, or just a dick trying to steal kills. Then they end up killing you and then dying to the enemy

This.

I mean, I'm totally what you describe. Except that I usually never try to help a teammate, but I just try to steal a kill, failing, teamkilling and ending up killed by enemy. <3

derExperte

http://i.imgur.com/UeadvK5.png[/ IMG]

Please don't suck.[/QUOTE]

Honestly after watching preview videos I have a bad feeling. Cheap jump scares and a not very scary looking monter chasing you around that is too often clearly visible. To me the game seems to lack the sublety of Amnesia and I don't think the scenario is anything special compared to eg Routine. I hope reviews will be available before release.

Omega

Banned
This.

I mean, I'm totally what you describe. Except that I usually never try to help a teammate, but I just try to steal a kill, failing, teamkilling and ending up killed by enemy. <3

lol I was like that at first

then somehow the enemy always moved at the last second and I ended up killing my teammate.

derExperte

Anyway, is the base price for Bioshock Infinite in Gamersgate showing as 80 dollars for anyone else? http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-BIOSI/bioshock-infinite

I was thinking buying the game since it had a 67% discount, but the base price of 80 dollars (weird) doesn't make it a very good deal.

See if you can buy it here for 12GBP: http://www.game.co.uk/en/bioshock-i...02&attributeName1=Shop By&attributeValue1=107

PS Potentially (just started listening) interesting interview with the maker of Gunpoint: http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/from-games-press-to-game-developer/1600-566/ Article: http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/one-tom-francis-is-all-you-need/1100-4722/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Coming Soon to Enhanced Steam:

FgnEbj0.png

Copons

lol I was like that at first

then somehow the enemy always moved at the last second and I ended up killing my teammate.

I love when I try to level up a really slow weapon and I act super goofy teamkilling everything that moves because the gap between click and hit is huge and above all, the guy just look totally like me when I try to do some agility stunt in real life (something like Tobias Funke). :D

Turfster

Well 50€ base price but to compensate, it's only discounted 33% in Europe making it 33.49€ (which is more than I paid gamersgate when I pre-ordered the game with all the pre-order goodies). That also makes 67% off of $80 the better deal by far.
Damn, I didn't even check that.
So we still get screwed =p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Linking to external sites with bundles that have the game in question on the game page itself? I don't think Valve will like that very much.

I mean, we will, but... :D

I decided a long time ago that adding new features to Enhanced Steam wouldn't hinge on Valve's perception of me. Maybe it's why they haven't hired me yet, maybe not.

Either way, I've told my contacts at Valve: "If there's ever a feature of Enhanced Steam that you would like removed, please contact me to discuss." The fact that they've never requested me to remove any feature thus far means they probably don't care.

Anyway, the plugin is designed to help people save money. This is just another way of doing that.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I decided a long time ago that adding new features to Enhanced Steam wouldn't hinge on Valve's perception of me. Maybe it's why they haven't hired me yet, maybe not.

Either way, I've told my contacts at Valve: "If there's ever a feature of Enhanced Steam that you would like removed, please contact me to discuss." The fact that they've never requested me to remove any feature thus far means they probably don't care.

Anyway, the plugin is designed to help people save money. This is just another way of doing that.

Would you link to ther big retailers, like Amazon, Gamersgate or Nuuvem?

Damn, that must be one big database mess (unless you're using the steamprices databases, which would make it much easier, I guess...)

jshackles

and with this the chances of Valve hiring you are gone :D

I already link to sites that sell lower than Valve and have for quite a long time with the "Lowest price" and "Historical low" features. This is just... a little more visible.

Also my Valve contact fixed the badge page so correct playtimes should be listed again. He also said they had a fix for the API but it wouldn't be rolled out until next week's weekly maintenance.

Would you link to ther big retailers, like Amazon, Gamersgate or Nuuvem?

Damn, that must be one big database mess (unless you're using the steamprices databases, which would make it much easier, I guess...)

Actually the data is coming from IsThereAnyDeal.com - they recently started tracking indie bundles and they are providing the data Enhanced Steam uses. Currently their lowest available price data is used by Enhanced Steam to link to sites such as Amazon, GamersGate, GreenManGaming, etc if they have a lower price than Steam.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If I do have one complaint with F.E.A.R. it is the environments stick around for too long.

I have been running around Armachair corporate offices for about 3 hours now.
I've heard that complaint before several times, though to be honest it never bothered me.

But yeah, if you think about it there are only 3 or 4 different settings/locations in that game. I loved them, so I still think it's one of the best games ever made.

FEAR radically overstays its welcome.

FEAR2 was much shorter and much more varied, though the gunplay was worse.
Funnily enough, I thought the first game was very short after beating it in 3 days the first time I played it. It left me wanting more!

etrain911

I need to get enhanced Steam then apparently. That's a deft bit of programming, man. I'd hire you in a heart beat if I were Valve. Also, I totally just bit on The Witcher and The Witcher 2. I'm psyched.

After some tweaking I finally managed to make GTA SA work and look great on my big screen with a 360 controller. An HD port would have prevented all the hassle but oh well.

jshackles

Also my Valve contact fixed the badge page so correct playtimes should be listed again. He also said they had a fix for the API but it wouldn't be rolled out until next week's weekly maintenance.

Not sure if it was fixed already but mine is showing the correct playtime now.

Sorry this got mixed in the Enhanced Steam babble :) See above.

Cheddahz

Banned
I played some Payday 2 earlier and we were doing the art gallery heist and 3/4 of the team goes on the roof to get inside and some kid just runs through the front door and causes the whole heist to go downhill

Razorskin

----- ------
Honestly after watching preview videos I have a bad feeling. Cheap jump scares and a not very scary looking monter chasing you around that is too often clearly visible. To me the game seems to lack the sublety of Amnesia and I don't think the scenario is anything special compared to eg Routine. I hope reviews will be available before release.

Cautiously optimistic it'll be good, but yeah I'm hoping it can build some great tension and not rely on jump scares throughout. Gameplay demos looked promising even with the jump scares that may just be in there to scare the press and leave some impression in 20 minutes...

I know..probably millions by now

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-3C261F7938DCA90A - Taken by Ogedai_Khan

Still can't access my full balance on paypal since mid-july. Ridiculous. Anyone have any idea? Trying to contact them through email, but can't find any topic and sub-topic that matches my problem lol :/

Don't know what to think about Deadliest Warrior expansion. I have spent like 20 hours playing the base game and I still have no idea how to play it. Though the appeal of possible pirates is too great.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just how important is playing Witcher 1? I tried to get into it twice and just couldn't. The prospect of a 70 hour game isn't very appealing either. I kinda just want to skip to Witcher 2 with it's sick graphics. Plus W2 is supposedly quite a bit shorter.

Grief.exe

Senator Soufflé;77794337 said:
Don't know what to think about Deadliest Warrior expansion. I have spent like 20 hours playing the base game and I still have no idea how to play it. Though the appeal of possible pirates is too great.

There is a great chivalry tutorial series on YouTube.

If no one else posts it I will get it to you when I get home. Send me a PM as a reminder.

Just how important is playing Witcher 1? I tried to get into it twice and just couldn't. The prospect of a 70 hour game isn't very appealing either. I kinda just want to skip to Witcher 2 with it's sick graphics. Plus W2 is supposedly quite a bit shorter.

Not at all. I usually recommend people to skip the first game, unless they are a huge fan of classic RPGs.

Not very. Just read a summary and you are right to go. W2 isn't exactly short, but the best of it is in Act 1 so you can bail out if you are not enjoying it.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Witcher 2's story is relatively standalone, but you're going to be confused on the characters, nations and politics going on unless you spend a bunch of time in the codex reading about stuff.

I played some Payday 2 earlier and we were doing the art gallery heist and 3/4 of the team goes on the roof to get inside and some kid just runs through the front door and causes the whole heist to go downhill

I feel you.

I'm also seeing a lot of lvls 30-50 acting like they have no idea what the hell they're supposed to do in heists like Watchdogs or Rats. I even got a lvl 30 that blew up the lab as soon as we could put the ingredients in (and he wasn't griefing). It's almost like they only farmed UK job and this is their first real heist.
I wouldn't bother if they did this in normal difficulty but most of the time since they have a high level they join a pro overkill heist and ruin it.

Witcher 2's story is relatively standalone, but you're going to be confused on the characters, nations and politics going on unless you spend a bunch of time in the codex reading about stuff.

I was confused by the Witcher 2 in the first 10 seconds. I was like "why the fuck Geralt is with Triss ?"
Since I found both Shani and Triss to be uninsteresting characters I chose Shani because I prefer short hairs, yup that's lame.
And then I saw the 5 lines of explanation in the codex :(.

Thank you based Nuuvem.

ModBot said:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

X-Com Collection -- MB-CDF418F33229920F - Taken by Berlok
Spec-Ops: The Line -- MB-03EF27FA4747368A - Taken by Eanan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom