• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not very. Just read a summary and you are right to go. W2 isn't exactly short, but the best of it is in Act 1 so you can bail out if you are not enjoying it.

Ack that sounds rough, I dropped the game about 4-5 hours in as I really wasn't enjoying it much. It did some cool things, but I hated the crowded inventory, felt like I was spending too much time running back and forth around places, and the combat really didn't do much for me (spent too much time rolling around, retreating or in spell / inventory menus). In general at this point in my gaming life I feel like I usually have a pretty good idea (from reviews, forums, my own tastes) of what games I'm going to like, but this one really disappointed me.

Dolor

Shani was way hotter in the first game, Trish was annoying and manipulative.

I found Triss in The Witcher 2 to be one of the best developed female characters I have seen. She was powerful, smart, had intelligent things to say, helpful, attractive and I genuinely looked forward to talking to her about what was going on in the story.

She does get damselled in the game a bit I suppose, but I don't really find that to be too subversive to her development as Letho was a beast of a man and could have damselled a freakin' grizzly bear.

kennah

Missed another X-COM Collection :( Gonna have to just grab the original on GOG one of these days. Never played any of them back in the day.

FACE

Banned
AVGN Adventures sounds awesome:

FL70W6T.png

I assume this means that controller support is more than 1.

Means you can use controller and mouse at the same time.

Grief.exe

Age of Empires Online and Microsoft Flight just removed from the Steam Store?

Seemingly that is what they just did on the registry, but I am on my phone

I found Triss in The Witcher 2 to be one of the best developed female characters I have seen. She was powerful, smart, had intelligent things to say, helpful, attractive and I genuinely looked forward to talking to her about what was going on in the story.

She does get damselled in the game a bit I suppose, but I don't really find that to be too subversive to her development as Letho was a beast of a man and could have damselled a freakin' grizzly bear.

I was describing the first game there, not the second.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Age of Empires Online and Microsoft Flight just removed from the Steam Store?

Seemingly that is what they just did on the registry, but I am on my phone

Yep both now re-directing to the homepage. I still have Microsoft Flight installed at home, I guess I'll see what happened to it now that it's been removed. I wonder if I can still play it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I should really go back to The Witcher. I was enjoying it a lot, but one day I stopped playing it and never came back, for no reason at all.

Game is unstable as fuck though, crashes to desktop every 40 minutes or so.

Dolor

I was describing the first game there, not the second.

I wasn't disagreeing with you either. Just adding that I thought they did a good job of developing her in the second. It's been too long since I played Witcher 1 for me to have a strong opinion on her in particular although I know I really enjoyed the game overall.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Update on adding Indie Bundles to Enhanced Steam:

0UK9GeY.png

dwa2EJd.png

Bundles will either be marked PWYW or not. Obviously still work to be done but it's looking good!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Was looking around to see if Steam was down...

....suicide sounding kind of like a good idea, to avoid the end of the world.

Stupid quasi update of Saints Row 4 fucked me for offline mode ;(

I asked this in the AOE/MS Flight thread, but I figure this would be a better place:

I have a steam key for Dark Souls as well as for a number of other games for which I have yet to add to my steam library. If DS or any of the other games were to be removed from the steam store before I redeem the key, does that mean the Steam key is useless, or can I still add it to my library after the fact?

Turfster

I asked this in the AOE/MS Flight thread, but I figure this would be a better place:

I have a steam key for Dark Souls as well as for a number of other games for which I have yet to add to my steam library. If DS or any of the other games were to be removed from the steam store before I redeem the key, does that mean the Steam key is useless, or can I still add it to my library after the fact?

Since you can still add retail keys for a number of games that are no longer sold through steam, it should in theory still be possible to add them.

jediyoshi

It's fine. The only thing you'd have to worry about is content that's only tied to gfwl that would have fed into the game (like dlc, and even then content should be fine if it was already purchased).

Cheddahz

Banned
I feel you.

I'm also seeing a lot of lvls 30-50 acting like they have no idea what the hell they're supposed to do in heists like Watchdogs or Rats. I even got a lvl 30 that blew up the lab as soon as we could put the ingredients in (and he wasn't griefing). It's almost like they only farmed UK job and this is their first real heist.
I wouldn't bother if they did this in normal difficulty but most of the time since they have a high level they join a pro overkill heist and ruin it.

The dude that ruined the heist for us left right after he did it too. I actually found a group of nice people last night and we played a bunch of missions together (I leveled up 14 times last night as well)

Turfster

So I just realized that Dear Esther was made by the same devs as Amnesia. And now I'm interested in Dear Esther

Dear Esther is completely different.
I haven't actually 'played' the remake yet, but the original mod was more of a story told to you as you very very slowly trudged around an island... and that was it really.

Nuuvem just sent out the European SR4 keys!

So the whole GMG NA-ROW malarkey had kept me waiting and wondering just long enough to miss out on preordering on nuuvem before they switched to selling BR only keys. Ah well, hope you have fun.

Since you can still add retail keys for a number of games that are no longer sold through steam, it should in theory still be possible to add them.

It's fine. The only thing you'd have to worry about is content that's only tied to gfwl that would have fed into the game (like dlc, and even then content should be fine if it was already purchased).

Big thanks to the both of you for answering my question!

Exile550

A few keys from the bundle. All steam.

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
[email='3MF4L-DTMF5-8D7JT][/email]
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
[email='KGQ4M-2NXHE-JKVJR][/email]
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising
[email='LC3D5-44HFH-RTGFN][/email]

Enjoy!

Nabs

Could Mark of the Ninja be coming to Mac/Linux? They have a couple of Mac/Linux depots in the registry.

So has anybody actually played Ittle Dew yet to shed some opinions?

I know it's only $5 but I have to pay rent at our old place AND mortgage on our new place this month (and I just got a ticket on the way home from work today) so I'm looking to be just a little bit smarter with money this month. I'm not particularly interested in the rest of the bundle games so I can wait for it to hit a daily deal later if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom