• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

i loved that movie

I never gave it a chance when it came out because it looked like some Transporter wannabe, and I thought Transporter was bad.

I actually did the same thing. I wrote the movie off because of Ryan Gosling and I thought it would be action movie schlock.

I was incredibly off the mark. Great soundtrack as well.

I hope it's the movie, because it would mean Grief has good taste. EDIT: confirmed. My man.

I just finished Spring Breakers. I didn't like it. I thought Gummo and Kids were okay, but this movie just annoyed me from start to finish. It seems like it was deliberately annoying in a lot of scenes, so maybe that's the point. But I still winced all the way through it.

My taste is impeccable.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I actually did the same thing. I wrote the movie off because of Ryan Gosling and I thought it would be action movie schlock.

Boy was I wrong. Great soundtrack as well.

My taste is impeccable.

No man, it's Nicolas Winding Refn. He's fantastic. Check out Bronson or the Pusher trilogy if you're interested in more (with much more dialogue). Honestly, I think he's my favorite director around at the moment.

And now you need to download some Kavinsky. Perfect driving music.
I could record myself playing Dead Space 1 for you and you could watch that 2 FPS video.

I would rather play with my DS action figures.

I do appreciate the shots, though.

Cth

Does anyone happen to have any leads/contacts for jobs in Charlotte NC by chance?

Finally found a part time job this summer after two years of looking for anything, and now it's going through a dry period (3 hrs scheduled over the last two weeks). Any leads via PM would be appreciated. I've done CAD/Tech Support, etc.

Anyways, Steam related (to keep it on topic) I've got $6 credit from cards.. debating between Don't Starve cause its on sale, Shelter, Papers Please, or that robot hunting game whose name escapes me at the moment.. Or just save it for the fall/winter/more card money?

hitoshi

Most are leftover from the Humble Bundles, but why not?

Thank you, sir!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Larva Mortus -- MB-6239653D4798E6E9 - Taken by drizzle

Tellaerin

Does anyone happen to have any leads/contacts for jobs in Charlotte NC by chance?

Finally found a part time job this summer after two years of looking for anything, and now it's going through a dry period (3 hrs scheduled over the last two weeks). Any leads via PM would be appreciated. I've done CAD/Tech Support, etc.

Anyways, Steam related (to keep it on topic) I've got $6 credit from cards.. debating between Don't Starve cause its on sale, Shelter, Papers Please, or that robot hunting game whose name escapes me at the moment.. Or just save it for the fall/winter/more card money?

Save it.

As someone well-versed in being short of money, I can say from experience that it's better to keep some cash in reserve for when a game you really want comes along.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Thank you, sir!

Thanks Hitoshi. I passed it when I build that Bundle to give priority to some other games and I had a very small Paypal funds at the time. Let's see if it really is the "Contra 3 Alien Wars Mode 7 stages" ripoff it looked like. :D

DocSeuss

This track

So good.

My favorite Kavinsky track doesn't even appear to be on Youtube. However, my second-favorite song is.

Man, if I had liked the story (that is, if I hadn't been bored at the point where I couldn't even pay attention to it), I'd love to read a book of the sequels if there was one. There's just no way I'd put myself through another of those games.

So yeah, I had already decided I wouldn't play them before reaching the half point of AC2 :p

And the worst of it all, the reason why I'm mad about this, is because it had every element to be a great game. It had an interesting setting, it had real life characters, it had fun gameplay, and it felt varied enough during the first few hours. There was no excuse for stretching it like they did, and in my opinion they completely ruined it, because all I can remember about it now is the huge boredom and tedium, not the fun I had at first. Such a wasted potential.

Exactly. I would have probably hated F.E.A.R. too if it lasted 50 hours.

I'm lying, and I know it. That game could have lasted 8 years and I'd still love it to death.

Obtain you a copy of Betrayer. Basically, imagine if a bunch of Monolith's talent left and decided to make a black, white, and red open-level (not world, level) horror game. Because that's exactly what happened and it is incredible, even if it does hurt my eyes at times.

Grief.exe

My favorite Kavinsky track doesn't even appear to be on Youtube. However, my second-favorite song is.

Obtain you a copy of Betrayer. Basically, imagine if a bunch of Monolith's talent left and decided to make a black, white, and red open-level (not world, level) horror game. Because that's exactly what happened and it is incredible, even if it does hurt my eyes at times.

Wow. Kavinsky is blowing my mind right now. Can't wait to listen to the whole album.

Here is my Betrayer impressions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RK0-XTFUYU

Who is getting Outrun on Vinyl?

disque2.jpg

So I'm still suffering from the horrible quality of the T.V. speakers and am very tempted to just order a pair of headphones(Sennheiser HD 598 or DT900s) but I really don't have the money to grab an amp as well due to just registering for classes.

Will they be completely hindered or unusable for the week or two before I can order an amp?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Well, the Alchemilla demo just thoroughly creeped me out right before I need to jump in bed.

If I'm ever in a spooky apartment building, I'm never answering a phone. And I find a roll of film in a room with
hooks hanging from chains and the sound of a screaming baby in the adjoining nursery,
I'm not going to get it developed.

So I'm still suffering from the horrible quality of the T.V. speakers and am very tempted to just order a pair of headphones(Sennheiser HD 598 or DT900s) but I really don't have the money to grab an amp as well due to just registering for classes.

Will they be completely hindered or unusable for the week or two before I can order an amp?

No, you'll be good. The amp will improve them, though. I use a small on for my MP3 player. Makes a huge difference. Also, I'd suggest the Beyerdynamics. I love Sennheiser to death, but a pair of DTs just feels like putting giant marshmallows made of sound over your ears.

Sajjaja

Why not buy a cheap computer speakers....

Grief.exe

You will be fine without an amp.

If you order the soundcard as well that will come with an adequate headphone amp. Unless that is what you are referring to.

hey hey hey hey hey

If you want to discuss shitty audio products, then the monthly pickup thread is that way --->

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Senn 598's will barely benefit from an amp, bro.

Kavinsky isn't so much my style. I was listening to his stuff last night but I was more feeling stuff like this or this.

Senn 598's will barely benefit from an amp, bro.

Kavinsky isn't so much my style. I was listening to his stuff last night but I was more feeling stuff like this or this.

I'm thinking about getting the 600s(meant to write 598/600) for music but just don't know if I want to put up the extra cost. The amp I need is an astro one to use to connect to other devices, we shall see. As I've said I'm not very familiar with headphones so most of this is new to me. And yeah, I'll be grabbing a sound card so if that's suitable for the purpose then that's good.

I want to have eargasams!

Dice

I'm thinking about getting the 600s(meant to write 598/600) for music but just don't know if I want to put up the extra cost. The amp I need is an astro one to use to connect to other devices, we shall see. As I've said I'm not very familiar with headphones so most of this is new to me. And yeah, I'll be grabbing a sound card so if that's suitable for the purpose then that's good.
It's dangerous to go alone, take this.

Has anyone here played Ring Runner (Greenlight page)? It looked pretty good from the trailers and RPS impressions and I'm trading for it on Reddit. I'll post impressions later, but was curious whether it lived up to the promises set in those trailers and its Kickstarter

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.

Thanks, reading now. Lots of wonderful information and explanations.

But you just said you were tight on money because of registering for school... What happened to responsible spending guys? WHAT HAPPENED?
I set and know my limits for indulgence, thus why I'm waiting on the amp more than likely. It's not like I'm buying a pair of headphones only to have 1 cent left in my account and children to support.

Dice

Thanks, reading now. Lots of wonderful information and explanations.

I set and know my limits for indulgence, thus why I'm waiting on the amp more than likely. It's not like I'm buying a pair of headphones only to have 1 cent left in my account and children to support.
If you're going to be cheap I'd recommend these with these or these (what I have but aren't in stock) for eargasms. Headphones need a greater investment for quality return. IEMs can be annoying, yeah, but with those comfy tips it's way better. I've had that level of Senns unamped and amped and even with a quality DAC and these IEMs will give you way better sound without anything added to them.

If you're going to be cheap I'd recommend these with these or these (what I have but aren't in stock) for eargasms. Headphones need a greater investment for quality return. IEMs can be annoying, yeah, but with those comfy tips it's way better. I've had that level of Senns unamped and amped and even with a quality DAC and these IEMs will give you way better sound without anything added to them.

Tempted to try a pair just because they're so cheap but earbuds have always irritated my ears. I have really bad sinuses so my ears often are in pain from the pressure. Sticking things in my ear doesn't help, even if not directly related.

And I don't really want to be cheap, especially for something I'll use for years, it's just that the speakers I'm currently using are awful and ruin most of the music I listen to. And given I hate silence and always have something going it's rather frustrating :D Tempted to just jump on something. I'm very willing to spend a bit of money for quality, mentioned it a while back but I've always wanted to get into audio quality because I knew I was missing out but I put it off. If I'm going to start I might as well go all in so to speak.

Sajjaja

Tempted to try a pair just because they're so cheap but earbuds have always irritated my ears. I have really bad sinuses so my ears often are in pain from the pressure. Sticking things in my ear doesn't help, even if not directly related.

And I don't really want to be cheap, especially for something I'll use for years, it's just that the speakers I'm currently using are awful and ruin most of the music I listen to. And given I hate silence and always have something going it's rather frustrating :D Tempted to just jump on something. I'm very willing to spend a bit of money for quality, mentioned it a while back but I've always wanted to get into audio quality because I knew I was missing out but I put it off. If I'm going to start I might as well go all in so to speak.

24.jpg

KJ869

First time Im having problems with GMG. Theyre saints row IV key gives me error that i need to activate the basegame first... So seems like I have bought 40 euro season pass.. Will be intresting to see how theyre customer support handles this.

While the discussion is only tangentially related to Steam, did anyone play NFS: Most Wanted (the new one)? It's like Burnout Paradise + a collectathon of licensed cars. You can just drive around the world and instead of collecting useless trinkets, you collect sexy cars.

I'm in love.

It has some questionable DLC implementation that makes it feel like a freemium game with IAP at times (welcome to next gen), but there's enough content included in the base game so I don't really mind. All the while, you're crashing through and destroying billboards with logos of Visceral and Bioware, so the game feels like unintentional meta-commentary on the current state of EA.

Dice

it's just that the speakers I'm currently using are awful and ruin most of the music I listen to. And given I hate silence and always have something going it's rather frustrating :D Tempted to just jump on something. I'm very willing to spend a bit of money for quality, mentioned it a while back but I've always wanted to get into audio quality because I knew I was missing out but I put it off. If I'm going to start I might as well go all in so to speak.
I heard good things about these but then speakers always stay in one place and headphones can go with you. If you want to go in a bit on headphones then yeah that thread/highresdes can help you out a lot (we should probably stop tangenting here lol). Highend is still high to get into but midrange is cheaper than ever.

KJ869

While the discussion is only tangentially related to Steam, did anyone play NFS: Most Wanted (the new one)? It's like Burnout Paradise + a collectathon of licensed cars. You can just drive around the world and instead of collecting useless trinkets, you collect sexy cars.

I'm in love.

Is the MP finally working? Bought it when released, tried for 3 weeks to play it but the MP just constantly disconnected so havent bothered again. Its fun MP thou.

Yeah, the reason I need headphones in particular is I still live at home with 5 others so I can't have things blaring on speakers without upsetting my family. Plus I like having that direct connection to whatever you're listening to. When i move out in the next year or so I'll consider getting a nice speaker system but I just really love the feeling of having the music or what have you right there with you.

And yes, back to pc gaming. Blacklist was actually quite good, feel it might have given too many options for taking care of enemies(gas, mines, multiple shock items, etc) which made you feel a bit overpowered but it really felt like a return to form for the stealth that Splinter Cell was known for despite fleshing out the more violent options at your disposal. Really interested to see where they take the series next, really hoping they eliminate the few set piece moments and focus more of building the locations out. Still love the train sequence in Pandora Tomorrow where you have the people on board.

For nothing consequential. If you collected a special armor in 1, that'll transfer to 2, but that's the end of it, iirc.

It changes a bit more than that, one of the major factions of the first game can either be absent or in full force on the third act depending on your actions. It's certainly worth bringing it over, things you did are spoken about.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I'm in love.

I played through the PS3 version with a mate (twice, which is why I have absolutely no interest in the PC version) and found it to be a lot of fun although the challenges wear out their welcome after a while as they're the same throughout -- some variety would have been nice.

Tak3n

Banned
I see Solforge is free to play in early access....

only spotted this as I though Heartstone looked really good from Blizzard, until I saw people were selling the Beta keys for a silly amount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom