• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

happy friday steamgaf

My really wealthy friend bought me Saints Row 4 last night for purposes of co op. So now I have to balance my time between The Bureau and SR4. First world problems I know. But I barely have time play games as it is these days. It will take even longer to finish these now.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I need to replay F.E.A.R. - it's been too long (perhaps right after some Alan Wake, Spec Ops and XCOM EU backlog management).

Now, NOLF: I know I say this every time it's mentioned...and I know Cate Archer (bless her cotton socks) and 'NOLF' as a franchise might be in legal limbo hell somewhere, but how the heck has someone not been commissioned to make a thinly-veiled, heavily-inspired 'remake' or modern re-imagining of it? Are we as gamers really deemed too dumb or simple to appreciate (or more importantly buy) a modern-day NOLF? I'm saddened.
Yeah, by all means replay it. It's fantastic.

I'd love to see a new NOLF, though I'd be happier with having the old ones on Steam. They are funny as fuck, even though a few levels in each game can be really frustrating.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, by all means replay it. It's fantastic.

I'd love to see a new NOLF, though I'd be happier with having the old ones on Steam. They are funny as fuck, even though a few levels in each game can be really frustrating.

The NOLF situation is a little funny as A Spy in Harm's Way and Contract Jack went with Monolith to WB but without the rights to NOLF itself they're useless.

happy friday steamgaf

My really wealthy friend bought me Saints Row 4 last night for purposes of co op. So now I have to balance my time between The Bureau and SR4. First world problems I know. But I barely have time play games as it is these days. It will take even longer to finish these now.

we're you guy trying to do all the Ys games in a month....how's that going?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The NOLF situation is a little funny as A Spy in Harm's Way and Contract Jack went with Monolith to WB but without the rights to NOLF itself they're useless.
Fuck that shit. Why can't they make out who has the final word in putting the game for sale in DD form?

Now that you wrote the subtitle of NOLF2, I realized something. The first game is called The Operative: No One Lives Forever, while the sequel is No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in Harm's Way. Which means they'd be randomly located in the games library, apart from each other. So yeah, I hate when that happens, and now I don't want to have them on Steam.

dhusband

Neo Member
happy friday steamgaf

I'm doing both now and I say knock out the bureau first. I think it's like 10 hours vs 20 plus for Saints Row 4. Plus, the Bureau feels like more of a commitment as some of the missions are nearly an hour.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Fuck that shit. Why can't they make out who has the final word in putting the game for sale in DD form?

Now that you wrote the subtitle of NOLF2, I realized something. The first game is called The Operative: No One Lives Forever, while the sequel is No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in Harm's Way. Which means they'd be randomly located in the games library, apart from each other. So yeah, I hate when that happens, and now I don't want to have them on Steam.

Looking forward to The Operative: No One Lives Forever: A Spy in Harm's Way 2: Never Say No One Lives Forever Again

FloatOn

we're you guy trying to do all the Ys games in a month....how's that going?

ugh.... yeah. I beat Ys and I'm on the last dungeon in Ys 2. It seems that they decided to make the last dungeon in Ys 2 at least three times the length of any of the previous dungeons and so I didn't manage to beat it before I bought The Bureau. Before the month is up I'll work up the motivation to power through it. Oath and Origin will have to be for another time though.

Shane

Ah, cheers. I'll wait until there's more content.

Definitely wait. What I've been through so far suggests it'll work much better as a complete whole, rather than risking restarts for new additions etc. Mind you, what game wouldn't.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
ugh.... yeah. I beat Ys and I'm on the last dungeon in Ys 2. It seems that they decided to make the last dungeon in Ys 2 at least three times the length of any of the previous dungeons and so I didn't manage to beat it before I bought The Bureau. Before the month is up I'll work up the motivation to power through it. Oath and Origin will have to be for another time though.

You've played more in a month than what JaseC will play in the rest of the year decade :p

JaseC

Disregarding the AssCreed 3 DLC, I think the last game I finished was BioInf in April/May, but I'm gradually getting through Rayman Origins!

Edit: Oh, wait, Just Cause 2 a few weeks ago!

webrunner

AVGN Adventures sounds awesome:

FL70W6T.png

I assume this means that controller support is more than 1.

I believe a dev of a game said that the two checkboxes when they're submitting say something slightly different so it can be considered possible to have both, it just shows up weirdly in steam.

I forget exactly what it was though.

Berto

Then they should make a Cate Archer Adventures: H.A.R.M.S. Revenge or something like that :D

Benedict

Anyone else have a lot of coupons disappear from their inventory overnight?

Yes, the only ones visible are for Toki Tori.
Just crafted a badge for The Bureau and got a coupon for 50% off Twin Sector showing up as new in my inventory. But it's not visible in my inventory.

JaseC

Then they should make a Cate Archer Adventures: H.A.R.M.S. Revenge or something like that :D

Haha, yeah, as I said earlier, a developer/team announcing it intends to create something within the NOLF universe would probably result in the rights suddenly being found. I really do think Acti is sitting on them and it just hasn't bothered to dig deep enough.

Flying Wild Hog doesn't have a Twitter.

I wanted to ask them to reboot No One Lives Forever.

You can send a PM using Facebook.

JaseC

I'm more interested in seeing Rise of Nations Gold finally hit the store myself. I've always been indifferent towards the Halo games -- they're not bad, of course, but they don't interest me much at all.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I gave up on waiting for RoN and found my discs. Game actually works great on windows 7 still, even supports full widescreen resolutions without any community patches or anything.

My personal favorite RTS ever.

currently on chapter 5 of dead space... and dammnit! how the hell do I figure out the room puzzle with this
regenerating monster chasing me down
!

Alpha code for War of the Vikings in this post.

currently on chapter 5 of dead space... and dammnit! how the hell do I figure out the room puzzle with this
regenerating monster chasing me down
!

You're supposed to use Stasis on the monster
, but unfortunately I don't remember the riddle at all.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
The steam thread is really quiet for a friday, maybe everyone is playing ORION: Dino Horde?

Soo... anybody here who wants to play through LP2 ? I picked it with RE5 and DMC 4 during a GMG sale and I'd like to finish it before GFWL drops dead but unfortunately there isn't a lot of people playing it.
I only played the jungle part thus far and I don't mind starting from scratch (the giant frog/whatever boss was awesome especially when I realised I could go inside him for massive damage).
I sincerely hopes Capcom patches GFWL out of their games, I don't want RE5/Dead Rising 2/Lost Planet to die.

Here's my profile, add me. I already installed the game.

Deques

Soo... anybody here who wants to play through LP2 ? I picked it with RE5 and DMC 4 during a GMG sale and I'd like to finish it before GFWL drops dead but unfortunately there isn't a lot of people playing it.
I only played the jungle part thus far and I don't mind starting from scratch (the giant frog/whatever boss was awesome especially when I realised I could go inside him for massive damage).
I sincerely hopes Capcom patches GFWL out of their games, I don't want RE5/Dead Rising 2/Lost Planet to die.

There is multiplayer in DMC4?

Giran

Just how recent are the games in the 'Recently Played' tab on your profile page? It's full of games I haven't touched in the last two weeks.

JaseC

Oooooooooooooooooooooo

When I wonder O:

That's the million dollar question. Presumably it's been in the registry collecting dust for yonks as the app ids are rather low (one is 13900 and the other 33000; more recent apps are in the ballpark of 240000~250000)

Just how recent are the games in the 'Recently Played' tab on your profile page? It's full of games I haven't touched in the last two weeks.

It says right there on the page. ;) For example:

Miker

I would, but Cacpcom never put the game on a sale low enough :(

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, yeah, as I said earlier, a developer/team announcing it intends to create something within the NOLF universe would probably result in the rights suddenly being found. I really do think Acti is sitting on them and it just hasn't bothered to dig deep enough.
OK, so I just need to learn how to code, make my own indie studio and announce I'm making No One Lives 4ev3r: Foreverer and Everer. I can do that.

Grief.exe

I wish everyone would refocus their collective energy on forgetting about Halo and getting Bungie to confirm Destiny for PC.

After the latest vidoc I'm a believer.

Yes! I want to play Destiny with SteamGAF.

I have a feeling it it happening, but like GTAV, MGSV, and, previously, The Division, the publishers are jerking us around.

I'm down for LP1.

I bought the physical version off Amazon going on 3 years ago now, and it has just been sitting in my Steam library. Assuming it has online coop.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Someone complaining it's quiet?

My Steam account is worth $2,540.00! And I have over 1,000 hours on record, which means I've spent about $2.54 per hour of Steam!

Now, divide that by my Steam level of 19 and again by the number of years I've been on Steam and express it as a percent and you get 2.6% , which is incidentally how often a Half-Life 3 joke is considered funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom