• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
As I said, most games on the page for me say "0.0 hrs last two weeks." After looking at a few last played dates, I'm thinking it's a probably a month.

Steam Community has been rather wonky these last few days, with F2P games disappearing from profiles and items vanishing from inventories, so I'd say the erroneous listings are related.

FloatOn

tumblr_mgs1m4Qavk1ro7uigo1_400.gif

tread lightly. this gif is dangerous.

Shit. I was thinking about buying Saints Row IV from GMG to play over the weekend but I just saw they were out of stock. Where is the next cheapest place to buy it?

JaseC

Shit. I was thinking about buying Saints Row IV from GMG to play over the weekend but I just saw they were out of stock. Where is the next cheapest place to buy it?

Nuuvem (~USD$35).

Edit: I think Deep Silver region-locked the keys, though, so you may need to use a VPN to activate your copy.

Grief.exe

Deep Silver CEO Dr. Klemens Kundratitz spoke to Joystiq about Metro: Last Light, which the publisher picked up when it was practically finished for $5.9 million during the THQ asset auction.

“I’m very glad we acquired that brand,” he said. “While it launched in a very dry space in the gaming calendar this year, it still got a lot of attention. Our ambition is to absolutely continue with that brand and we will also, in the next phase, look to making it more accessible for a broader gamer audience.”

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/23/deep-silver-says-that-metro-franchise-will-absolutely-continue/

iblwWktjDkxZum.gif

JaseC

Aren't nuuvem keys Brasil only now?

I can still check out with the game added to my cart; I think the mention of Brasil in the title is just Nuuvem pre-emptively covering its arse to account for cases where people buy the game without reading and get mad when it doesn't activate.

didamangi

I don't plan on biting on DMC, RE6/Revs and Remember Me until they're 66% off... and even then I'll be chasing Eastern Euro copies, which will require a discount on Steam.

Actually, I think I'll jump on Remember Me at half off, seeing as it's a new IP n'all.

Almost all of them are region locked on RU/CIS countries though, except for Revelations which curiously enough not restricted anymore.

Gandie

So I got locked out of my steam account. I have 2-step authentication turned on, so I'm not worrying too much. HOWEVER the password I enter, that I'm not entirely sure is the correct one doesn't work. Neither does the Account Retrieval thing, it won't even send an email to my contact adress.
Plus the support site, that was linked is down atm.

Any ideas?

Turfster

It's up to the publishers region lock ir not the keys.

Yes. I've already gotten bitten by Deep Silver's money grubbing region locking bullshit. Every Saints Row 4 region has a different key. A European store that had sent someone that bought a key with dollars a NA-ROW key, couldn't exchange it for an EU key because of publisher restrictions.

Nuuvem had a small grace period where they were inundated by preorders from foreigners, but about 3 days ago, they changed their preorders to be Brazil only keys.

Anustart

So I got locked out of my steam account. I have 2-step authentication turned on, so I'm not worrying too much. HOWEVER the password I enter, that I'm not entirely sure is the correct one doesn't work. Neither does the Account Retrieval thing, it won't even send an email to my contact adress.
Plus the support site, that was linked is down atm.

Any ideas?

It's just Gabe ebaying accounts to help fund HL 3.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The steam thread is really quiet for a friday, maybe everyone is playing ORION: Dino Horde?
Running some scripts at work that don't allow me to use the PC until they're finished, so I haven't been able to browse GAF much lately.

JaseC

Almost all of them are region locked on RU/CIS countries though, except for Revelations which curiously enough not restricted anymore.

It seems only DMC is region-locked. Good thing you made me look into it, because the rest are region-free so I just assumed DMC would be too, haha.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
They also have

Both Steam

didamangi

It seems only DMC is region-locked. Good thing you made me look into it, because the rest are region-free so I just assumed DMC would be too, haha.

According to the steam store they're all region locked except revelations though? And I can't seem to find any of the usual suspects selling Remember Me steam gift on TF2OP/Steamtrades :D

JaseC

Is there an easy way for GMG to see the prices of other regions without using VPN?

No, there's no cc trick a la Steam.

According to the steam store they're all region locked except revelations though? And I can't seem to find any of the usual suspects selling Remember Me steam gift on TF2OP/Steamtrades :D

If you look at the subs in the registry you'll see there's no allowonlyrunincountries restriction: Remember Me, RE6 and RER.

Edit: Ah, only Revelations is giftable, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom