• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Valve really needs to review the Javascript code used in the group list pop-up. It's been months since the Steam Community beta and yet the "Invite to join your group" option is still broken in FF and IE.

Jørdan

You should make your profile public.

How am I supposed to check what your favorite games are? I guess I could just assume it is Morrowind and we could be best friends forever.

9dae09f318.jpg

<3

Overdoziz

Banned
Now I remember why I stopped playing the CoH2 campaign so quickly after it launched. I'm three levels in and all I've done is defend against endless waves of Germans who will just ran past me without a care in the world. CoH was at its best when you could just create a base and slowly take over all territories on a map. The levels where you're defending a certain area were the worst, and it seems like they've only increased the amount of levels like that.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So uh, still no good help for Guild 2 Renaissance? Looks like I have to give in to Youtube guides.

That's the million dollar question. Presumably it's been in the registry collecting dust for yonks as the app ids are rather low (one is 13900 and the other 33000; more recent apps are in the ballpark of 240000~250000)

O-oh, it's already old? Maybe I should give up hope :(

Tellaerin

The steam thread is really quiet for a friday, maybe everyone is playing ORION: Dino Horde?

Still busy trying to get Mirror's Edge to run, and failing miserably. It gets to the splash screen, then I get a black screen and CTD. I tried every suggested fix I could find, and nothing worked. I had given up on it a few days back, but I decided to download it on Origin and see if that made a difference. Nope, same thing happens. It's frustrating.

Grief.exe

Still busy trying to get Mirror's Edge to run, and failing miserably. It gets to the splash screen, then I get a black screen and CTD. I tried every suggested fix I could find, and nothing worked. I had given up on it a few days back, but I decided to download it on Origin and see if that made a difference. Nope, same thing happens. It's frustrating.

Always check PC gaming wiki

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Mirror's_edge#Game_fails_to_start_.2F_Crashes_without_error_messages

Tellaerin

Thanks, Grief. :)

I tried those already, though, and they didn't work. : / So far, I've tried updating PhysX to the latest version, rolling back PhysX (and my drivers) to the suggested version from back when the game was released, changing the default resolution in TdEngine.ini to 1024 x 768, playing with the compatibility mode settings on the .exe... you name it, I've probably tried it at this point. (I'm tempted to say that I've lost faith in getting this to run, but the bad pun police would probably drag me out and shoot me.)

Any chanc eI could get an invite to the steam gaf group please?

Profile Link: Click

My play history is kind of pathetic, I only just got my pc 2 weeks ago, but very active now.

EDIT: Jesus that was fast ha, thanks!

The fallout collection, yay? For £4 it'd be hard to go wrong anyway.

The Section 8 games are just going to be removed from Steam, I doubt that they'll be patched to have GFWL removed, they're dead games. Prejudice has a single player campaign, it's kinda fun, like a poor man's Tribes but the multiplayer was dead when I bought it a year or two ago, which was two or three months after its release.

Tellaerin

The Section 8 games are just going to be removed from Steam, I doubt that they'll be patched to have GFWL removed, they're dead games. Prejudice has a single player campaign, it's kinda fun, like a poor man's Tribes but the multiplayer was dead when I bought it a year or two ago, which was two or three months after its release.

Is that just speculation, or do we have confirmation on that? And will it remain in peoples' libraries? I enjoyed the campaign, and IIRC the game had offline bot support, so I'd probably redownload it to mess with again at some point.

JaseC

Is that just speculation, or do we have confirmation on that? And will it remain in peoples' libraries? I enjoyed the campaign, and IIRC the game had offline bot support, so I'd probably redownload it to mess with again at some point.

It's speculation: the only games with concrete plans are Batman: AA/AC GOTY and BioShock 2, which are having GFWL removed. Games removed from the Steam store are not deleted from your account.

fantomena

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

War of the Vikings -- MB-82AAEBF746D85417 - Taken by Firehead

Got one extra code today. Wonder why.

Firehead

Got one extra code today. Wonder why.

Hell yeah I'll be giving this a shot. Thanks for the giveaway, fantomena!

Also, Reus seems to be on sale on GMG. Have heard good things about the game.

Oh wow, and Mortal Kombat is on sale for $8.16 after the 20% off voucher

AHA-Lambda

I should have got that GMG deal on Batman, the base price has went up £7.50 cos they added in a deal with Arkham City :(

EDIT: nvm, I managed to find the standalone game again, it's just the main page link leading me to a bundle :p

Grief.exe

It's speculation: the only games with concrete plans are Batman: AA/AC GOTY and BioShock 2, which are having GFWL removed. Games removed from the Steam store are not deleted from your account.

Technically those are still speculation on my part.

The evidence certainly continues to mount, but nothing official at this point.

Gonna grab a stalker game for the weekend. At this stage, considering mods etc, should I just get call of pripyat, or would you guys still say start with SoC? Just considering age etc.

JaseC

Technically those are still speculation on my part.

The evidence certainly continues to mount, but nothing official at this point.

True, formal announcements are still forthcoming, but the evidence is clear and undeniable at this point.

Divius

Anyone got an opinion on Reus? The reviews seem a bit mixed, but it's on sale...
I personally very much disliked and it might be the first game ever I regret picking up, even if it was for a few euro's.. All the people I know have it like it though, so I am definitely in the minority there. I found the gameplay simple and boring and was left with a big 'That's it?' feeling after a few hours of play.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Journey Down Chapter 1 -- MB-45C604A58CF91968 - Taken by BorntoPlay
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-42C7F1DC6516E1D9 - Taken by phantomspiker
eXceed 3rd Jade Penetrate Black Package -- MB-CE0189D45392D351 - Taken by Tellaerin
eXceed Gun Bullet Children -- MB-2649F989EF55EC04 - Taken by Alessandro
Aura Fate of the Ages -- MB-6B32222C8B49B343 - Taken by Wok
Zeno Clash -- MB-E49F21D36266C101 - Taken by damaph
Kung Fu Strike -- MB-0BE2FDCE1046DB64 - Taken by Tak3n
eXceed 2nd Vampire REX -- MB-2CFF47C43FA84F53 - Taken by Dimitri2401
Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-CEC950304F4A356C - Taken by fantomena
Cargo Commander -- MB-579631E744615494 - Taken by RS4-

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just published Enhanced Steam for Chrome version 4.3 so it should be updating automatically in the next hour or so. Here is the changelog:

• Adds option on badge page to hide games with no drops remaining
  • Adds game bundle purchase support to applicable app pages
  • Fixed a bug where market transaction processing was happening on every market page
  • Fixed a bug on the options page if language is Spanish
  • Fixed a bug where HLTB info was displaying twice on apps with WSGF certification
As always, let me know if you run into any problems!

I just published Enhanced Steam for Chrome version 4.3 so it should be updating automatically in the next hour or so. Here is the changelog:

• Fixed a bug where market transaction processing was happening on every market page
  • Fixed a bug where HLTB info was displaying twice on apps with WSGF certification

You made me switch back to Chrome just because Enhanced Steam.

Thank you, jshackles based God.

JaseC

You made me switch back to Chrome just because Enhanced Steam.

I'd switch back to Chrome if it were possible to disable Google's insistence that address bar suggestions be split between history items and search phrases -- just the former for me, thanks. (While I can't invite people to groups using FF or IE, Chrome works just fine, but that's not reason enough to use it.)

Speculation given that Timegate Studios has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Owing creditors somewhere in the neighbourhood of 10-50 million dollars.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-02-timegate-studios-has-filed-for-bankruptcy

sapsari

I just published Enhanced Steam for Chrome version 4.3 so it should be updating automatically in the next hour or so.

As an Opera fan, I would like to see the new versions on Opera as well. I know it is extra work for a small user base, and totally understand you if you skip Opera from time to time.

And of course as a Steam user cant help but say Enhanced Steam rocks :)

Thanks anonymous benefactor!

Downloading Operation Raccoon City. Can't wait to play this crap.

It gets a lot of hate because it's branded as an RE game but It's not really that bad. It's also true that If it weren't for the RE title it would probably have sold poorly.

Gameplay it's pretty simple and you'll probably clear all the missions in 4-5 hours.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'd switch back to Chrome if it were possible to disable Google's insistence that address bar suggestions be split between history items and search phrases -- just the former for me, thanks. (While I can't invite people to groups using FF or IE, Chrome works just fine, but that's not reason enough to use it.)

I know it's kinda "hacky" but...

If you right click on the address bar and select "Edit Search Engines", then at the bottom add a new "search engine" with the following info:

• Name "No"
  • Keyword "null"
  • URL "http://%s"
Then set this as your default search engine.

It will disable google from suggesting things in the search bar. It will still come up as "No Search" but selecting that will simply take you to whatever URL you typed in.

As an Opera fan, I would like to see the new versions on Opera as well. I know it is extra work for a small user base, and totally understand you if you skip Opera from time to time.

And of course as a Steam user cant help but say Enhanced Steam rocks :)

I've been putting out updates for Opera Next, but the older versions of Opera are really a pain to code for. Most of their javascript libraries aren't up to date, they don't provide cross-domain scripting support, and quite frankly that browser wasn't meant to do what Enhanced Steam does. :(

Version 1.1 for Opera was a port of the Firefox extension code before Firefox went cross-domain as well. And the port took about a week because it runs in an entirely separate user-space.

Of course, I'm more than happy to release the Opera code open-source if anyone would be interested in porting over new features.

Downloading Operation Raccoon City. Can't wait to play this crap.

You're in for a treat!

Semi-related, that game has a notice on its GMG page that says weekend deal. There might be Capcom dailys this weekend then which would be nice.

Then I can start on the RE6 evangelizing!

I personally very much disliked and it might be the first game ever I regret picking up, even if it was for a few euro's.. All the people I know have it like it though, so I am definitely in the minority there. I found the gameplay simple and boring and was left with a big 'That's it?' feeling after a few hours of play.

That's what I got from some of the more critical reviews. Think I'll give it a pass and see if it comes up in a bundle some time.

Thanks for replying, btw.

Tellaerin

Speculation given that Timegate Studios has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Owing creditors somewhere in the neighbourhood of 10-50 million dollars.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-02-timegate-studios-has-filed-for-bankruptcy

Yikes. Timegate might not have been a big triple-A studio, but they seemed pretty solid, and I think the market could use more good mid-tier stuff. (Sec 8: Prejudice was a nice example of that - nothing that would knock your socks off in terms of production values, but it was fun, fairly polished, and they released it at a decent price.)

JaseC

I know it's kinda "hacky" but...

If you right click on the address bar and select "Edit Search Engines", then at the bottom add a new "search engine" with the following info:

• Name "No"
  • Keyword "null"
  • URL "http://%s"
Then set this as your default search engine.

It will disable google from suggesting things in the search bar. It will still come up as "No Search" but selecting that will simply take you to whatever URL you typed in.

That's almost what I'd like, but I take it there's no way to actually replace the suggestions with history items? I really wish Google would just make that an option. I have a mate who works at Google AU; maybe I should bug him. :p

drizzle

Axel Hertz
That's almost what I'd like, but I take it there's no way to actually replace the suggestions with history items? I really wish Google would just make that an option. I have a mate who works at Google AU; maybe I should bug him. :p

Chrome DOESN'T search through history/bookmarks? I always though it did.

It explains why I can't ever find anything ever. Ctrl+H is your friend though.

JaseC

Chrome DOESN'T search through history/bookmarks? I always though it did.

It explains why I can't ever find anything ever. Ctrl+H is your friend though.

Oh, it does, but my problem is that it splits the six suggestions down the middle: three history items and three search phrases.

jshackles

It actually already does that (for me at least). For example:

XandUHx.png

Everything with the "page" icon next to it is stuff from my history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom