• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left over from Groupees. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can -- MB-F6270127643F58F5 - Taken by Eanan
The Whispered World -- MB-2E37A4C94CC35F88 - Taken by scorpscarx

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
asdf,mnzxcv,mn Never buying a game on launch ever again. This is the first time I've done it in years (to support more fighting ports on PC) and its down to 8$ in a matter of weeks. Awesome.
That's why you shouldn't buy stuff just to "support these kind of games/devs", and only get games you're [thinking you may be] interested in. You're no charity, so you shouldn't act like one.

Grief.exe

Now that I think about it, I kind of want a version of Destiny on PC, rather than Division.

Both look like compelling titles, but Activision supports full Steamworks integration, while Ubisoft will force Uplay down our throats.

An always online game brought to us by the fine folks behind Uplay? Sounds like a recipe for disaster. They can't even keep their activation servers up.

Another Opera user? That's awes...

Sorry, I need to be more careful now. You're talking about Opera 12, right? Not that newer piece of crap that is tainting its good name? Then yeah, that's awesome!

No, we are talking about Don Giovanni, what are you talking about?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
As an Opera fan, I would like to see the new versions on Opera as well. I know it is extra work for a small user base, and totally understand you if you skip Opera from time to time.

And of course as a Steam user cant help but say Enhanced Steam rocks :)
Another Opera user? That's awes...

Sorry, I need to be more careful now. You're talking about Opera 12, right? Not that newer piece of crap that is tainting its good name? Then yeah, that's awesome!

I know I'm sounding like a Chrome evangelist here, but there's one thing I love about the Chrome search box that I can't get used to with other browsers:

Setting up custom page searches. Chrome does this automatically. So I type in the box "Steam" then press tab and I'm searching steam. So I can type "Steam" -> Tab -> "Half Life" and it takes me to the steam search results page for "Half Life".

Takes a while to get used to, but once you do there is no going back. For example I can just type "s" then tab then whatever, as Chrome knows that Steam is my most visited site that starts with "s".
Real Opera does the same, with the added bonus of not having to press Tab before it prompts you to search on your site of choice.

AHA-Lambda

Now that I think about it, I kind of want a version of Destiny on PC, rather than Division.

Both look like compelling titles, but Activision supports full Steamworks integration, while Ubisoft will force Uplay down our throats.

Yep, I'm shocked Destiny hasn't been confirmed for PC yet.

Grief.exe

Arkham Origins Achievements. I'll keep you guys posted when they get names.

I've deleted the vast majority of them in the interest of space.

"name": "Achievement_1",
"percent": 27.272727966308594
},
{
"name": "Achievement_24",
"percent": 22.077922821044922
},
{
"name": "Achievement_25",
"percent": 22.077922821044922
},
{
"name": "Achievement_5",
"percent": 19.480518341064453
},
{
"name": "Achievement_7",
"percent": 18.181818008422852
},
{
"name": "Achievement_4",
"percent": 18.181818008422852
},
{
"name": "Achievement_27",
"percent": 16.88311767578125
},
{
"name": "Achievement_28",
"percent": 16.88311767578125
},
{
"name": "Achievement_11",
"percent": 15.584415435791016
},
{
"name": "Achievement_23",
"percent": 15.584415435791016
},
{
"name": "Achievement_33",
"percent": 14.285715103149414
},
{

"name": "Achievement_41",
"percent": 1.298701286315918
},
{
"name": "NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_1_0",
"percent": 1.298701286315918

Tenrius

Arkham Origins Achievements. I'll keep you guys posted when they get names.

I've deleted the vast majority of them in the interest of space.

Why post it at all if it's just a bunch of numbers? I'm also curious why you picked Achievement 1 over Achievement 3 for example, lol.

Grief.exe

I don't get the joke :/

Also, I hate future quotes. Please don't do it, or I'll find you in real life and humbly ask you to please not do it again.

You were discussing Opera, Don Giovanni is a famous opera composed by Mozart about an Itallian playboy.

BigDonGiovanni.jpg

Why post it at all if it's just a bunch of numbers? I'm also curious why you picked Achievement 1 over Achievement 3 for example, lol.

Just to show that they were available and there might be a leak in the future. General Steam discussion stuff.

They are currently ordered randomly, that is why the numbers don't appear in a descending order.

That's why you shouldn't buy stuff just to "support these kind of games/devs", and only get games you're [thinking you may be] interested in. You're no charity, so you shouldn't act like one.

completely agree. The only time I buy at lunch if it something I'm jacked about and will be playing immediately. Other than that...wait for reviews and the price to come down.

edit : and wow does the price of cards tank when game enter a bundle.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Kinda pissed that my Forge gift copies got converted to a "pack" that contains "Forge - Free to Play", and "Forge Starter Pack". Went from bad to worse.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
completely agree. The only time I buy at lunch if it something I'm jacked about and will be playing immediately. Other than that...wait for reviews and the price to come down.

edit : and wow does the price of cards tank when game enter a bundle.
The only time I buy at lunch is if I'm feeling hungry :p

I also tend to wait for sales and stuff, though a few games I bought them day one (or pre-ordered) with discounts and such. It depends on the game and how much do I want it, just like you said.

I just played a bit of Skullgirls and it seems really fun. But one downside is, that there are not enough characters.

I was thinking it has at least 16 or something like that.

Also, I hate future quotes. Please don't do it, or I'll find you in real life and humbly ask you to please not do it again.
Yeah, I understand why people do it but it bugs me when I'm reading a thread and see a post quoted that I didn't see, and then see it immediately after.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Battlefield 3 -- MB-A6C9D3913EF7EA22 - Taken by eyeless
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-B33F4A1F39895022
Mirror's Edge (Steam) -- MB-CA8ECBB94A48A777 - Taken by honorless

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The game has had a very troubled development history. There are more on the way.

Not sure if it was mentioned here, but crafting badges started pumping out 90% off coupons for Skullgirls like candy. The devs thought they could control the "drop rate" so that only like 0.01% of people would get the coupons, but in reality it was giving a 90% off coupon to almost everyone.

Fiasco big enough that Valve had to step in and start deleting/revoking coupons and disabling their coupons all together.

Gbraga

Not sure if it was mentioned here, but crafting badges started pumping out 90% off coupons for Skullgirls like candy. The devs thought they could control the "drop rate" so that only like 0.01% of people would get the coupons, but in reality it was giving a 90% off coupon to almost everyone.

Fiasco big enough that Valve had to step in and start deleting/revoking coupons and disabling their coupons all together.

Jesus Christ this game is under some serious shit. Development hell will never let Mike Z go, they're like yin and yang.

r3n4ud

Not interested in the game, but for 90% off I'd bite!

Cth

If anyone is feeling charitable I'd like one of those 90% off coupons :D

jshackles

Not interested in the game, but for 90% off I'd bite!

If anyone is feeling charitable I'd like one of those 90% off coupons :D

Since all of the coupons were revoked or deleted, your best bet is trying to find someone that bought a gift copy of the game for $1.50 (90% off) and trying to get it from them. The coupons weren't up for long - about and hour I think before the devs went "oh crap".

soTuDTm.png

Oh dear.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Does anyone know what the config settings for The Saboteur do?

What the hell is "slice quality" and "clip range"?

jshackles

I didnt think valve could revoke keys from inventories.

I'm pretty certain they can, but for obvious reasons they usually don't. They can also change the individual package ids, which is probably what they should have done in this instance. It would have been trivial for them to turn those 90% off coupons into 10% off coupons.

Omega

Banned

and of course it's being given out like Candy, but when I craft my badge I get a 66% off Starvoid

jshackles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom