• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It actually already does that (for me at least). For example:

XandUHx.png

Everything with the "page" icon next to it is stuff from my history.

Ah, nice. The last time I used Chrome the inclusion of search phrases was more obnoxious (see above).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ah, nice. The last time I used Chrome the inclusion of search phrases was more obnoxious (see above).

You should give it a spin! ;) With an added bonus of having the latest and greatest Enhanced Steam features first.

Addnan

I try using Chrome and then I forget and go back to Firefox. Plus I don't know how to get that drop down list of my most visited sites like I do on Firefox. I don't want to have to type unless I really need to.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I know I'm sounding like a Chrome evangelist here, but there's one thing I love about the Chrome search box that I can't get used to with other browsers:

Setting up custom page searches. Chrome does this automatically. So I type in the box "Steam" then press tab and I'm searching steam. So I can type "Steam" -> Tab -> "Half Life" and it takes me to the steam search results page for "Half Life".

Takes a while to get used to, but once you do there is no going back. For example I can just type "s" then tab then whatever, as Chrome knows that Steam is my most visited site that starts with "s".

sapsari

I've been putting out updates for Opera Next, but the older versions of Opera are really a pain to code for. Most of their javascript libraries aren't up to date, they don't provide cross-domain scripting support, and quite frankly that browser wasn't meant to do what Enhanced Steam does. :(

Version 1.1 for Opera was a port of the Firefox extension code before Firefox went cross-domain as well. And the port took about a week because it runs in an entirely separate user-space.

I see, now I have a reason to try Opera Next.

Tellaerin

Thanks to Modbot and our anonymous benefactor for eXceed 3rd! I'm a big shooter fan, so this is relevant to my interests. : )

If you're one of the few people left on the planet who are interested in The Sims 3 and don't own it yet, this one's for you. (The code is for Origin.) It's a pretty fun game (I've sunk 35+ hours into it >.>), so I hope whoever grabs it has a good time.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Sims 3 (Origin) -- MB-D928407A4EDFF08E - Taken by liezryou

liezryou

Thanks to Modbot and our anonymous benefactor for eXceed 3rd! I'm a big shooter fan, so this is relevant to my interests. : )

If you're one of the few people left on the planet who are interested in The Sims 3 and don't own it yet, this one's for you. (The code is for Origin.) It's a pretty fun game (I've sunk 35+ hours into it >.>), so I hope whoever grabs it has a good time.

Thanks for sims 3, might give away a copy if i upgrade my humble bundle to the 5$ one, not seeming likely though since i already have bf3.

Yikes. Timegate might not have been a big triple-A studio, but they seemed pretty solid, and I think the market could use more good mid-tier stuff. (Sec 8: Prejudice was a nice example of that - nothing that would knock your socks off in terms of production values, but it was fun, fairly polished, and they released it at a decent price.)

They also gave the world Aliens: Colonial Marines. They're who Gearbox sub-contracted the game out to while Gearbox focused on Borderlands 2.

DTKT

I like Chrome, but it's a pain the ass sometimes. There is a white flash when you load/reload pages with a dark background. It was supposed to be fixed a while back but it's still there. The search history is almost useless if you are searching over long periods of time. It doesn't group anything by website or time. You have to do everything manually.

Flash support is pretty bad. It's crashing from time to time on Youtube.

Copons

I like Chrome, but it's a pain the ass sometimes. There is a white flash when you load/reload pages with a dark background. It was supposed to be fixed a while back but it's still there. The search history is almost useless if you are searching over long periods of time. It doesn't group anything by website or time. You have to do everything manually.

Flash support is pretty bad. It's crashing from time to time on Youtube.

Chrome become seriously bloated over time, but still, everytime I try to switch to something else, I lasts at best a couple of days and then I switch back.
It may be force of habit, it may be that I like having everything synced over every device I own, but in the end I just think Chrome is way more comfortable to use than the others.

Okay, I beat Rogue Legacy (Seventy Childrens, Fifteen Hours).

I ended up liking it in the end but I'm still not fond of how much the game demands of stat boosting early on.

I played another game recently that had a very similar trait and I'm going mad trying to think of what it was. You start off very weak and the game feels frustrating because of it, no matter how good you are the numbers will never allow you to progress much. But after sufficiently powering up, the game balanced itself and became "fun." I don't think it was PC, at least none of my recent Steam games ring a bell.

If they decide to make a sequel I would love to see some element of rogue actually implemented into the game. Right now all it does is create a random castle layout. There should be items and tools and such mixed in to alter the game each time you play. I don't feel that the traits and spell differences do much to create a "fresh" experience each time. Maybe they could also add in some of the non-linear Castlevania aspects to the castle like finding items that create accessibility to explore different parts of the castle (although randomize how that works could be a nightmare, I suppose).

Tak3n

Banned
Guys

Two things please

Firstly is there a card game ala Magic that is not P2W, I am really enjoying Solforge to the general consensus on the forums there is you need to spend circa $100 to get a deck that gives you a chance online...

I don't mind paying for the game upfront, but I just don't think it is cricket how they do it...

I signed up for Hearthforge but I read that it will be P2W as well....

Secondly

anyone who owns Solforge want to play some offline games, you can do it with friends

Grief.exe

Guys

Two things please

Firstly is there a card game ala Magic that is not P2W, I am really enjoying Solforge to the general consensus on the forums there is you need to spend circa $100 to get a deck that gives you a chance online...

I don't mind paying for the game upfront, but I just don't think it is cricket how they do it...

Secondly

anyone who owns Solforge want to play some offline games, you can do it with friends

If you want a good card game that isn't P2W, check out Scrolls from Mojang.

Its very deep too, especially compared to what I've seen of Hearthstone.

jshackles

friends

The one that pops into my head is the new Magic 2014 "Sealed Deck" play mode. While still somewhat P2W, (you can buy more deck "slots" meaning different random cards) it's pretty decent and sounds kinda like what you're looking for. Everyone plays online with a deck made of random cards that cannot be "re-rolled".

Of course with the base game, you're stuck with the same two sealed decks forever until you buy more slots.

Guys

Two things please

Secondly

5igPoDz.png

Wok

Guys

Two things please

Secondly

Check the OT of Scrolls:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576429

Raytow

So and I know this isn't Steam but the Syndicate coop community is literally dead, no one on GAF plays this? is pretty good, and after the 5th Payday2 fucking the game for me, I want to play it but not alone =/

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Scrolls isn't pay to win, it's instead grind like a son of a bitch to win. I *wish* I could just buy the goddamn cards, make my deck and play, but noooooo. You have to play 6 or 7 billion matches to get the gold necessary to build your decks.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
So and I know this isn't Steam but the Syndicate coop community is literally dead, no one on GAF plays this? is pretty good, and after the 5th Payday2 fucking the game for me, I want to play it but not alone =/

I have it and have never played it. I'd be down.

Grief.exe

Scrolls isn't pay to win, it's instead grind like a son of a bitch to win. I *wish* I could just buy the goddamn cards, make my deck and play, but noooooo. You have to play 6 or 7 billion matches to get the gold necessary to build your decks.

I found success with just playing games and the challenge missions to get gold, then buying random cards, then trading for what I needed.

Or you could just use the gold to directly trade for what you need. The card prices weren't too bad, you could earn enough gold for several of the rarest cards in one challenge mission.

Vastag

Has anyone tried War Thunder or DCS World? Whats the general opinion on them? P2W? I assume that DCS will be heavy on the sim aspect as their other non F2P games.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Whats your origin nick? mine is RaytowO, granted two people in coop is asking for trouble most mission are for 4 or at least 3.

I'll add you whenever I go back to my desktop. I'm not sure when I'll actually be able to play. My girlfriend's parents are staying with us this weekend, so I won't have much time for games.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

The co-op campaign is imbalanced as shit for any less than 4 players. Scaling was too hard apparently. The amount of bullshit I went through to beat the final level with 3 players was unreal.

Turfster

The co-op campaign is imbalanced as shit for any less than 4 players. Scaling was too hard apparently. The amount of bullshit I went through to beat the final level with 3 players was unreal.

So the multiplayer is just as shit as the Syndicate single player?
Color me surprised.

anywhere to get payday 2 cheap? some guy has it in the trading forum listed for $15 but won't answer my PM. looking to spend like $18. i see it for keys on reddit but i've met some screwys there before, want it to be a last resort.

Nabs

Getting a 4th player on PC was nearly impossible. No one owns the game and no one uses Origin. gg.

Turfster

Huh, I see that the skullgirls beta is still in my list as "endless beta". Does this mean the beta will remain playable forever?

It should have been removed from your steam list when it got released yesterday if you didn't buy the game.
I don't know what happens if you bought it, though. Maybe it's like TF2/Dota2

Miker

Huh, I see that the skullgirls beta is still in my list as "endless beta". Does this mean the beta will remain playable forever?

I think the beta turned into TF2/Dota 2 style betas where they test out patches before rolling them out in the main client. I don't think the endless beta is available to non-owners any more.

I think the beta turned into TF2/Dota 2 style betas where they test out patches before rolling them out in the main client. I don't think the endless beta is available to non-owners any more.

Ah, I see. You're right, I can't play it, the button is replaced by purchase. It was a fun game, will probably pick it up during the next sale/daily. Does the Squigly DLC remain free or is that only temporary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom