• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm not a parent, and I don't plan to be any time soon, but that's great to hear.

I am, but my kids are old enough (teens) that they can decide what kind of games they can play without supervision. Still good news!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Same here. Well, for my 16 year old anyways. This is good for my 7 year old and eventually, for my 2 year old...

Wow a 16 year old and a 2 year old? I'm not sure I could handle that. I'm glad mine are 13 and 16.

r3n4ud

Man, I'm really craving for a good horror game.

Upcoming Outcast looks promising.

Ya, it's looking like a pants shitter! Can't wait though. Maybe will keep my playthrough closer to Halloween.

Wow a 16 year old and a 2 year old? I'm not sure I could handle that. I'm glad mine are 13 and 16.

It's uh, unique lol. My 16 year old is from a prior relationship, that's why the age differrence.

Dawg

My twin brother/sister and myself both died in my mother's womb. Both hearts failed.

Miraculously, my heart rebooted several minutes later and I survived. My twin had less luck.

:(

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
My twin brother/sister and myself both died in my mother's womb. Both hearts failed.

Miraculously, my heart rebooted several minutes later and I survived. My twin had less luck.

Wha...? I thought you were joking at first, that's terrible man!

Damn, you guys could be my father.
Can I? Thanks, I always wanted a son.

I don't want children, and will never have them.

oipic

I just published Enhanced Steam for Chrome version 4.3 so it should be updating automatically in the next hour or so. Here is the changelog:

• Adds option on badge page to hide games with no drops remaining
As always, let me know if you run into any problems!

Hey shackles - great work, as always. Thanks!

One thing I've noted (disclaimer: I'm the guy using the Chrome extension with Opera 15) is that the show 'Badges With Card Drops Remaining' option doesn't hide/filter-out foil card entries, i.e. I have received all my drops for CivV, and this option has thus hidden the CivV entry and its cards, but I still have a visible 'foil badge' section for this game (as I still have a foil in my inventory pertaining to this title).

It may be by design, but just thought I'd point it out, just in case it's not. :)

Dawg

Wha...? I thought you were joking at first, that's terrible man!

Yeah, my mother told me this when I was like 16 or so and I thought she was joking too :p I still think about it sometimes. You know, they say twins have some kind of "connection" and I sometimes feel like mine is broken because my twin never made it.

I wonder if he or she would have been my co-op buddy for MP games ;-;

The_Monk

I know it's off topic but I'm sorry to hear that fellow GAFfer. If you believe that you need to talk about that ever again, please let me (let us) know. We are here to support each other, that's what makes this Community strong each day and that's why it's such a unique place to be talking about what we like the most.

Memories are just like that, some events from the past may return to haunt us and they can turn our day in a not so good day. In those moments I believe it must be good to know that some people care. I believe we have amazing people in here that care about each other even if we do not "know" each other "well".

Again, I'm sorry for the Off Topic in the thread fellow GAFfers.

Dawg

Hah, don't worry Monk. I just mentioned it because people were talking about kids and "accidents" and it made me remember this specific memory.

If anything, the off-topic stuff started way before you replied :p

I decided to sell off my cards that I was sitting on for no reason.

FWbUvnX.png

zV5u4gp.png

sDnAWxem.png

The_Monk

Hah, don't worry Monk. I just mentioned it because people were talking about kids and "accidents" and it made me remember this specific memory.

If anything, the off-topic stuff started way before you replied :p

Ah, I see, I was just leaving for the day, came in here and saw your post, didn't want to leave without saying something.

See you all tomorrow fellow GAFfers.

--

alr1ght my Inventory is fine here.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Now that I think about it, I kind of want a version of Destiny on PC, rather than Division.

Both look like compelling titles, but Activision supports full Steamworks integration, while Ubisoft will force Uplay down our throats.

An always online game brought to us by the fine folks behind Uplay? Sounds like a recipe for disaster. They can't even keep their activation servers up.

No, we are talking about Don Giovanni, what are you talking about?
Every MMO has their own stupid client, so that's kind of par for the course.

I'm not a parent, and I don't plan to be any time soon, but that's great to hear.

I always wonder about parental controls. I guess it is needed for a wider steambox audience and legislative reasons, but I'd like to think anybody with a decent steam library wouldn't just let their kids go nuts on it unsupervised. Has anybody ever used them?

After all I'm not sure how my daughter would play through dead space without me seeing the played hours and save games. If she did manage to do it without me knowing? I'd tip my hat and install 2 for her (but not 3...)

Tellaerin

I really do have to wonder what the odds are of having four of the same card drop for a game. Somebody needs to give the Steam random number generator a good kick to wake it up again.

Eanan

What are the cheapest card sets to complete by buying off the market? I need to get one more badge to get an extra showcase section thing, then im done for many months with card buying. McPixel looked cheap, then I saw theres a whole 12 or so cards to get.

jshackles

Hey shackles - great work, as always. Thanks!

One thing I've noted (disclaimer: I'm the guy using the Chrome extension with Opera 15) is that the show 'Badges With Card Drops Remaining' option doesn't hide/filter-out foil card entries, i.e. I have received all my drops for CivV, and this option has thus hidden the CivV entry and its cards, but I still have a visible 'foil badge' section for this game (as I still have a foil in my inventory pertaining to this title).

It may be by design, but just thought I'd point it out, just in case it's not. :)

Thanks for letting me know. Wasn't a design choice, just a bug. :)

I'll have it fixed in the next version.

jshackles

Not sure if Valve "fixed" this or what...

yW0ieEm.png

Vindicis

Banned
Good luck.
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Larva Mortus -- MB-9EEB5F807B5ECDAE - Taken by Crayons
Obulis -- MB-E185AD9F468331C5 - Taken by alr1ght
Space Trader: Merchant Marine -- MB-20DCB3A0A49A5760 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda
Greed: Black Border -- MB-38B18B6216EA59F9 - Taken by Tellaerin

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
What are the cheapest card sets to complete by buying off the market? I need to get one more badge to get an extra showcase section thing, then im done for many months with card buying. McPixel looked cheap, then I saw theres a whole 12 or so cards to get.
...I was gonna say I'd be happy to trade you any of the McPixel cards I have (McPixel, Heaven, The White House, Throne of Smells) for some of the games I'm looking for (...a shitload of different ones) but I can't see my inventory at all right now so I have no idea whether Steam is too borked to trade. :/

My url is http://steamcommunity.com/id/lesshonor/ though, should you be interested in any of those.

Tellaerin

Thanks for Greed: Black Border, Vindicis. : ) I was eyeing that during the summer sale - a sci-fi Diablo-like seems like it would be up my street, so I'm looking forward to checking it out.

(And speaking of sci-fi, I really do hope that rumored X bundle drops soon... >.>)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Good luck.

thx

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Origin key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Space (ORIGIN) -- MB-A020861ABE8C8B9B

jshackles

If you had the game in your library before it was removed or you had purchased DLC previously you can still play the game.

They just removed it from the store.

When I looked last night (on this same computer) it was listed under "GABEN@VALVESOFTWARE.COM'S GAMES" and this morning was listed under "OTHER GAMES". This morning it also said "Purchase" instead of "Play".

Tonight all is well.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Speaking of this, more than half of my giveaway was not taken.
I'm assuming you're the "anonymous benefactor" above? If so, thanks.

I've been waffling on whether to claim one of the five billion ME giveaways this week and finally took the plunge. Here's hoping I like it!

I'm assuming you're the "anonymous benefactor" above? If so, thanks.

I've been waffling on whether to claim one of the five billion ME giveaways this week and finally took the plunge. Here's hoping I like it!
Nah, I'm not the anonymous one. But I did put up a dozen keys.

Edit: maybe I should quote them here again.

Grief.exe

My inventory is working. I just upgraded to the latest client beta.

I didn't check the upgrade notes, but it could have something to do with it.

Or it could be server/regional issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom