• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
My inventory is working. I just upgraded to the latest client beta.

I didn't check the upgrade notes, but it could have something to do with it.

Or it could be server/regional issues.

It doesn't work on the website either. I have a fresh copy of DXHR in there I need to activate.

maneil99

tp3pg0x.png

This guy lol

like this?
1vPOfzP.png

it worked earlier today

Yeah, with a "You have no pending gifts at this time" message underneath it. I read on the Steam Community that trading something with one of your friends will fix it (everything shows up in the trading menu, including the coupons that disappeared) but that didn't work for me.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Retrovirus has some awful performance on my PC. Almost to the point of being barely playable. I can't enjoy this at all this way, so sadly this is a game that will have to wait until I build myself a new rig.

At least Blood Dragon won't feel alone anymore, because it's waiting too. It's a shame, because both look incredibly cool and fun.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm assuming you're the "anonymous benefactor" above? If so, thanks.

I've been waffling on whether to claim one of the five billion ME giveaways this week and finally took the plunge. Here's hoping I like it!
Mirror's Edge? You were the one that had a fear of heights, right? Hope you can still enjoy it, it's an amazing game.

If you skip all the cutscenes, that is.

EDIT: oh sorry, double post :/

This guy lol
Do you send him a gift or not ?

maneil99

I would have honestly gave him outlast if he picked nickelback no joke, don't think im gonna play the game and I feel kinda bad. Meh ill give it away maybe on here

Think I'll get him a humble bundle

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My inventory is working. I just upgraded to the latest client beta.

I didn't check the upgrade notes, but it could have something to do with it.

Or it could be server/regional issues.

All the store/community stuff is server-side; the client update wouldn't have done anything.

Finally made it past the third level in Teleglitch and managed to beat the first real boss encounter of the game. Found a motherload of weapons, ammunition, medical supplies and crafting materials as well as a transport that skips the fourth area. I promptly saved and quit to revel in this moment because I know the next area will likely murder me and send me back to square one. At least now I can start from the third area, although I wonder how much of a benefit that will actually be starting off with a pistol, two empty cans and some explosives.

Such a simple game, one I tend to play in short bursts but I've sunk several hours into it over the last week and a bit in the lulls between playing Dota 2. At first I thought 12$ was asking a bit much for such a primitive looking game but I've already sunk as much time into it as I tend most 60$ releases.

derExperte

When I looked last night (on this same computer) it was listed under "GABEN@VALVESOFTWARE.COM'S GAMES" and this morning was listed under "OTHER GAMES". This morning it also said "Purchase" instead of "Play".

Tonight all is well.

I couldn't play Flight either, starting the .exe form the Steam directory resulted in a crash. So I uninstalled the game. Damn, if I had known..

Mr. Clancer? Hey a Mischief Maker fan can't be all that bad.
I realize it's Mr. Cancer spelled out in that dumb way that teenagers like to do.

JaseC

i think there's a steam group that goes around to find people to give them game. i had someone before who wanted to trade stuff. so i just gave him shit i never wanted. next day he kept asking for more.

These signs exist for a reason:

qw8kSub.jpg

;)

Crayons

Banned
You brought this upon yourself maneil99.

I've never gotten any friend requests like that. Which is odd because I have over 600 games.

DeBurgo

All the store/community stuff is server-side; the client update wouldn't have done anything.
I was having the inventory problem. I just opted in the beta client and it fixed it for me, as well. I don't think you can say that for sure.

edit: either that or just a crazy coincidence and it was fixed JUST as I did the beta update.

Omega

Banned
So I've played about 4-5 matches of Tactical Intervention.

All I can say is I regret putting this in my steam library.

JaseC

I was having the inventory problem. I just opted in the beta client and it fixed it for me, as well. I don't think you can say that for sure.

When you browse the store or Steam Community via the client, literally all you're doing is accessing a web page. If earlier you were just trying to access your inventory via the client and it was stuffing up, sure, maybe the client's browser rendering engine needed a fix, but it certainly wasn't going to correct any issues you were experiencing attempting to access your inventory externally.

Would it be possible to download a steam game with my laptop and put it on a external hard drive and then move it from the external hard drive to a hard drive on my desktop?

Tenrius

Would it be possible to download a steam game with my laptop and put it on a external hard drive and then move it from the external hard drive to a hard drive on my desktop?

Of course. You'll have to initiate the install on your desktop via Steam and it'll just check the files you just copied, without downloading anything.

JaseC

Yes. Once it's installed just cut/paste its installation folder (steamapps\[game name]) to your external and then move said folder into your desktop's steamapps folder.

Edit: b10.

Of course. You'll have to initiate the install on your desktop via Steam and it'll just check the files you just copied, without downloading anything.

Awesome, the school library has super fast download speeds compared to the student housing, so much so it would probably be quicker to go there and download the games when i want them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom