• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeBurgo

When you browse the store or Steam Community via the client, literally all you're doing is accessing a web page. If earlier you were just trying to access your inventory via the client and it was stuffing up, sure, maybe the client's browser rendering engine needed a fix, but it certainly wasn't going to correct any issues you were experiencing attempting to access your inventory externally.
Weirder things have happened in software. For example, the client could send out something to the authentication servers that causes your account to be in a state where the inventory doesn't display properly server side.

Anyway, irrelevant because I'm wrong in this case.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Weirder things have happened in software. For example, the client could send out something to the authentication servers that causes your account to be in a state where the inventory doesn't display properly server side.

That certainly would be weird because once you're logged into the Steam Community site you are, by definition, authenticated. Two people have already chimed in and said their inventories are now accessible irrespective of the update, anyway, so the point is moot.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's kinda sad that good adventure games aren't recognized over terrible, movie-wanna-be games (you know what I mean). What's damning is people claim that those certain games are innovative too.

Never lose hope! Tactical Intervention recently hit Steam and it has an app id of 51100.

I hope so!

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Mirror's Edge? You were the one that had a fear of heights, right? Hope you can still enjoy it, it's an amazing game.
Nope, not in the least!

It's more that I'm one of those people who is way, way better at navigating 2D environments than 3D ones, so a first-person 3D platformer...might not be the best idea. I've also heard there are some forced combat sections that are pretty bad.

But the game's been in the back of my head for years (so beautiful agh) so I should probably set my misgivings aside and give it a try. At least then I'll know for sure! plus demand for ME keys is so low that the one I took had been sitting around for almost three hours and there are still probably ones that haven't been claimed in the thread so why not

Grief.exe

I'm thinking people are browsing this thread and looking to get in on the generosity by demanding we give them games.

Its hapenned to Salsa, Xel, Maneil, and I'm sure there are more that I have forgotten about.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Tried Betrayer, and I'm not feeling it sadly. The game looks nice, though a bit confusing, but the gameplay isn't on par with F.E.A.R. or NOLF. There's simply nothing to do, or at least I haven't found it. I'm thrown in a big forest, with no directions, and I randomly run somewhere until I find a rock (or invisible) wall, at which point I turn and pick a different direction. Found a couple of bad guys and died a couple of times, and still have no idea where to go or what to do.

I want to like it, but so far it's nothing but boring.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm thinking people are browsing this thread and looking to get in on the generosity by demanding we give them games.

Its hapenned to Salsa, Xel, Maneil, and I'm sure there are more that I have forgotten about.

Yeah, I noticed that Salsa would get bugged by Mitch soon after he expressed in the thread a desire to buy something.

Poor Mitch -- there's no way for him to know when Salsa is cashed up now that he's banned. :p

Grief.exe

Tried Betrayer, and I'm not feeling it sadly. The game looks nice, though a bit confusing, but the gameplay isn't on par with F.E.A.R. or NOLF. There's simply nothing to do, or at least I haven't found it. I'm thrown in a big forest, with no directions, and I randomly run somewhere until I find a rock (or invisible) wall, at which point I turn and pick a different direction. Found a couple of bad guys and died a couple of times, and still have no idea where to go or what to do.

I want to like it, but so far it's nothing but boring.

There is a fort you find right at the beginning that gives you the listening power to find your way.

You literally follow the road from the beach to a flag on a pole that is pretty tough to miss.

Yeah, I noticed that Salsa would get bugged by Mitch soon after he expressed in the thread a desire to buy something.

Poor Mitch -- there's no way for him to know when Salsa is cashed up now that he's banned. :p

I pay you Monday when I start job.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Nope, not in the least!

It's more that I'm one of those people who is way, way better at navigating 2D environments than 3D ones, so a first-person 3D platformer...might not be the best idea. I've also heard there are some forced combat sections that are pretty bad.

But the game's been in the back of my head for years (so beautiful agh) so I should probably set my misgivings aside and give it a try. At least then I'll know for sure! plus demand for ME keys is so low that the one I took had been sitting around for almost three hours and there are still probably ones that haven't been claimed in the thread so why not
Oh, then it must have been Hoos. I was sure it was one of the Steam ladies, just not which one :p

Yes, the combat sections totally kill the pace, but fortunately there aren't many of them. And the rest of the game is so good that I can't get too mad at them. You'll probably be surprised at how well the platforming works in this game, especially when you're not expecting it to be much fun and so well done.

This game is a gem, and I'm glad you got the chance to experience it.

There is a fort you find right at the beginning that gives you the listening power to find your way.

You literally follow the road from the beach to a flag on a pole that is pretty tough to miss.
Yup, got that ability
after ringing the bell
, but I have no idea what to do with it. Every time I use it I only hear the wind and some hissing voices, but can't understand what they are saying nor where they come from.

And I get lost even when trying to follow the road, which I suppose is the white path that's also marked on the map. And the path branches, so I wouldn't know where to go either way.

Also,
what's the difference between being in the light and dark worlds, apart from the enemies and 2 NPCs appearing in the dark?

FloatOn

How's performance wise? I can't play SR3, not even on medium.

No problems here. My friend had/has issues with SR3 performance too. Thing runs at like half speed. He's a nvidia user, I'm on an amd so that might have something to do with it.

Grief.exe

Yup, got that ability
after ringing the bell
, but I have no idea what to do with it. Every time I use it I only hear the wind and some hissing voices, but can't understand what they are saying nor where they come from.

And I get lost even when trying to follow the road, which I suppose is the white path that's also marked on the map. And the path branches, so I wouldn't know where to go either way.

Also,
what's the difference between being in the light and dark worlds, apart from the enemies and 2 NPCs appearing in the dark?

I just realized that if you don't have good positional audio then the listening portion might not be as obvious.
The mechanic is pivotal to the light and dark world. Basically you press the button and then move roughly where the sound is coming from. I found that if you are far away, and can barely hear it, just move where you think the sound is coming from. It just, intuitively works.

In the dark world, follow a slightly different sound to put out these totems. Opens up the next area.

Dec

Awesome, the school library has super fast download speeds compared to the student housing, so much so it would probably be quicker to go there and download the games when i want them.

Super useful. Allows me to buy games for me and my wife, download it on one computer and send the files over LAN to the other, using half the bandwidth (Canadian monthly caps :()

Momentary

Banned
Skullgirls just isn't my kind of fighting game. I might pick it back up when Beowulf is released, but as of right now I think it's not that great. It's basically whoever touches the other person first wins. You connect 2 combos in a match and it's a win. You can almost get up and fix a drink while you wait for combos to end.

I'm not experienced enough to know everyone's high low game so I alway fall for mixups and have combos reset on me. I'm fairly decent at the, but even when I get the first hit in a match it's just not exciting because I know I'm about to take off 3/5 of a persons health bar after I get done tapping all the button combinations in.

Plus my wife hates the game, but she loves SSFIVAE. Can't wait for Ultra. Hopefully with all these fighting games making the cut we'll eventually get a Tekken and VF. I really have got my hopes up for Xrd also.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Space -- -- MB-76FB9756C4814DFF
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- -- MB-DC926F8DB940AF98 - Taken by phantomspiker
Tower Wars -- -- MB-56D1F8FD63730F8F - Taken by Nabs
Cogs -- -- MB-BAF0DD9A110E4B39 - Taken by damaph
Metro 2033, Risen, Sacred Citadel -- -- MB-15DAC2CE5951CCE2 - Taken by Cth
Mirror's Edge -- -- MB-C967BC9851B2011C
Dear Esther -- -- MB-2D7BD245F58A187E - Taken by Pestilence11
Reign Conflict of Nations -- -- MB-C237737E1FE1EDFD - Taken by wilflare
Pid -- -- MB-65131B6E13B1085F - Taken by Kipp
Dead Island GOTY, Saints Row The Third Full Package -- -- MB-934FD8F0B2D87094 - Taken by Deadbeat
Lucid -- -- MB-085769B2E82B3BB1 - Taken by bobnowhere
Sniper Ghost Warrior -- -- MB-A8C3982886D80E3F - Taken by Madrugador

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Dead Space -- was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Tower Wars -- was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Cogs -- was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Metro 2033, Risen, Sacred Citadel -- was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Mirror's Edge -- was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dear Esther -- was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Reign Conflict of Nations -- was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Pid -- was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dead Island GOTY, Saints Row The Third Full Package -- was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Lucid -- was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Sniper Ghost Warrior -- was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

denx

I read some pages back people were interested in playing Syndicate coop. Anyone still interested? Got the game in the Origin sale and I want to give it a spin.

EDIT: I'm from South America and my internet connection isn't that great, so it would depend on Syndicate having good netcode.

Also, do people still play Battlefield 2142?

Jawmuncher

Caved once again on adding Steam Funds to get some cards badges done.
Really hope I get a booster pack soon for RE6 just want to get Badge Level 5 on that and i'd be happy. Thankfully I only care about badges for games I really like. Which has only been Skullgirls and RE6 thus far. (Will never bother with any other skullgirls badges though. freaking 13 cards is ridiculous)

Deadbeat

Banned
IAlso, do people still play Battlefield 2142?
Yes they do. Watch out for the c4 jumpers.
People who have a social life... :(

Just kidding, I always stay up till night the day before my birthday (Aug 24th). Oh it's already past midnight lol.
I dont usually go out Friday because Im too tired to go out, but not tired enough to go to bed early.

Its that kind of conundrum, really.

creamsugar

If anyone interest cheap game like

Shadowrun Returns - $11
Teleglitch: Die More Edition - $7
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Digital Deluxe Edition - $8

You can PM me and we can discuss, I think I can provide at least one of each game.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just realized that if you don't have good positional audio then the listening portion might not be as obvious.
The mechanic is pivotal to the light and dark world. Basically you press the button and then move roughly where the sound is coming from. I found that if you are far away, and can barely hear it, just move where you think the sound is coming from. It just, intuitively works.

In the dark world, follow a slightly different sound to put out these totems. Opens up the next area.
Thanks for the tips Grief, I'll try them next time I play the game.

On another note, after being disappointed by Betrayer (I'll give it as many chances as necessary, don't worry!) and humiliated by Retrovirus (my PC is only 4 years old, it shouldn't run so poorly) I decided to start playing Dust. And I think it was a good idea, because I'm liking the combat mechanics (even though the Dust Storm attack seems to be a bit overpowered), and the art style is nowhere near as bad as I previously thought it was.

Its Friday. Most of us should probably be out and about.
Lucky you. I have to work tomorrow, which sucks because I'm not supposed to work on weekends. Hearing that put me in such a bad mood today that I refused to go to a nightclub with a couple of coworkers earlier tonight.

Yeah I know, LiveJournal and all, but in my defense I'm not the one who brought this topic out :p

People who have a social life... :(

Just kidding, I always stay up till night the day before my birthday (Aug 24th). Oh it's already past midnight lol.
Happy birthday man! Hope you have a great day today, enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom