• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Next to none. No idea why they added Red alert uprising insteadbof one of the core games. Even generals on steam would be good

Because this is EA and they want you to buy the missing games, like the first Crysis, Dead Space 2 and Battlefield 3 Premium.

Why do you think they're having a sale right now? Coincidence?

Because this is EA and they want you to buy the missing games, like the first Crysis, Dead Space 2 and Battlefield 3 Premium.

Why do you think they're having a sale right now? Coincidence?

Exactly, and that's the reason I'm asking. Dead Space 2, Bulletstorm, heck, I'm getting Amalur too. The sale ends the day before the bundle expires, though, so it'd suck to get a free last day-bonus. :lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey Jase. The Host Novelization is on sale on the Kindle Store for 2 bucks.

Just though you should know.

I actually bought a physical copy of the novel earlier in the year with the intention of reading it prior to seeing the film, but apparently even Saoirse's involvement therein couldn't see me stomach Meyer's writing. :p

Edit: Which reminds me: I need to buy a copy of How I Live Now.

Edit edit: I managed to miss Kabouter's post earlier:
I played through the game recently as part of a replay of the entire series (only have AC3 left to replay, but I only played that early this year for the first time, so that's not very long ago either), and I didn't really think they were much less aggressive than in the rest of the game, and at several points in the game left behind giant piles of bodies. Anyway, I don't think the mechanics really justify it being called a stealth game at any point. IT has some elements of hiding and what not, like its predecessors, but in the end you almost always end up in open conflict and spend very little of the game actually being stealthy.

Perhaps the label of "stealth game" is being a little too generous considering the game's undeniable action component, but I do appreciate that there is less of an emphasis on the latter than in the sequels.

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm sr4 is kinda weird

it's funny but not as funny as sr3 for me (they really ditched the president schtick like 40 minutes in for some reason) and the game in general really feels like a ubisoft fill-the-bar thing, I don't like that at all.

it's weird because saints row's always been like this, but the fact that this is the same town, always at night (basically the town is a reddish blur that passes by as you sprint like crazy), with a shitton of "skip gameplay" abilities unlocked right away just really shoves that right in your face

it's still kind of addictive but the wrong kind, I feel like I'm wasting time, the game just makes a worse job at camouflaging the grind

hopefully the story missions make up for it

also jasec that saorise doesn't look like saorise

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

If the book were smaller, I may have bothered, but it's a 600-odd-page tome, which at least partially explains the rather loopy pacing in the ~2hr film.

Anywho, in other news, RE:ORC, Jbourne's favourite game, is 76% off over at GMG. Including the code GMG20-KCDKK-H4TPB, it can be had for $5.60, and if Capcom doesn't intend to patch out GFWL, then this may be one of the last opportunities to purchase it.

also jasec that saorise doesn't look like saorise

Well, it's a bit of an oldie. I usually don't like reverting to older avatars but I'd cycled through my newer ones.

fantomena

I don't know what has happened to me the last week, but Im so damn addicted to Sims 3, Spelunky, FTl, Rogue Legacy, Terraria, Skullgirls, Mortal Kombat, SSFIV: AE and Euopa Universalis IV. Im not playing anything else. Damn.

I don't know what has happened to me the last week, but Im so damn addicted to Sims 3, Spelunky, FTl, Rogue Legacy, Terraria, Skullgirls, Mortal Kombat, SSFIV: AE and Euopa Universalis IV. Im not playing anything else. Damn.

Yeah I know man, playing only 9 different games at the same time sucks ass.

>_>

I am lucky if I even have time to play two different games in a week

zkylon

zkylewd

wait there are other games that aren't league of legends

If the book were smaller, I may have bothered, but it's a 600-odd-page tome, which at least partially explains the rather loopy pacing in the ~2hr film.
I have read it.
I'm ashamed.

Yes, the whole book, I have no idea what I was thinking back then.

liezryou

People still play MOBAs?

According to Riot, LoL is the most played game in the world. And dota is going to be reaching the 500k players active at a time very soon. I don't see what you are getting at by asking this question.

@Zkylon, how can you play LoL when u have to pay 10120398123$ to unlock all the characters?

zkylon

zkylewd
@Zkylon, how can you play LoL when u have to pay 10120398123$ to unlock all the characters?
I limit myself to buying waifus and skins for them <3

(tbh I probably spent around 150 or something in the game, including gifts for friends, mostly on skins)

Giving away games I don't want to play or I already played :

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Dead Space -- MB-69696BD3B6A93137
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-6EFB33814715FBA8 - Taken by Mundharmonika
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-EE38B15325283796
Mirror's Edge -- MB-2790624DC33C584B - Taken by Bloodsent
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-AAF67D6A10CF47BD
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-2C6D75BF47592D9C - Taken by Ardvent
Medal of Honor -- MB-6BA12DD92416E653 - Taken by schwupp
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-D301333BD2EE98E0
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-03B995258E606E84 - Taken by Dingotech
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-B2B52E25DFDD2DAB

fantomena

Fuck you too GFWL. Was playing Operation Raccoon CIty singleplayer private, I went on for a run/workout and when I get back home GFWL kicked me out of my own private game because the connection to the servers were lost. GODDAMMIT!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck you too GFWL. Was playing Operation Raccoon CIty singleplayer private, I went on for a run/workout and when I get back home GFWL kicked me out of my own private game because the connection to the servers were lost. GODDAMMIT!
In less than a year you won't have to worry about that anymore. With GFWL dead, the game won't be able to kick you out anymore.

Because the online capabilites will be dead, unless they patch them.

(I failed at Comedy Rule #1: don't explain the joke)

Looks like I was right about GMG having daily sales for their Capcom weekend. RE5 is $5 today, $4 with coupon. Hopefully by process of elimination there is at least one solid sale on a newer game later this weekend.

Slyjss

I also have a Mirror's Edge from a previous giveaway.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=77362943&postcount=6376

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

McPixel -- MB-315E6932FCF2784B - Taken by sibarraz

Copons

As it is Total War Week, I'm gonna ask if someone care to explain to me how are these games.
I'm always interested in them but I never fully understand how they works, like if there is some other game they're similar or something like that.

garath

So I finally got a couple drops in CS:GO. Picked up a weapon crate and a skin. The skin is only worth about 10 cents but the crate is around $1.55. ooooooorrrrrrr, I could buy a key for $2 and get an item. Do keys drop? Seems kind of silly to open the crate when at best you might get an $8 item and the normal blue items are worth about 25 cents (unless you land the rare or the ultra rare).

Martian

So I finally got a couple drops in CS:GO. Picked up a weapon crate and a skin. The skin is only worth about 10 cents but the crate is around $1.55. ooooooorrrrrrr, I could buy a key for $2 and get an item. Do keys drop? Seems kind of silly to open the crate when at best you might get an $8 item and the normal blue items are worth about 25 cents (unless you land the rare or the ultra rare).

I say sell the crates. I opened 3 or something. 2 times I got a 7 cent weapon and one time (really lucky) I got a 13 euro gun (sold immediately)

So, sell the crates

Kacho

So I booted up DOOM II again with the ZDOOM mod (where have you been all my life ZDOOM). Still such an incredibly fun game. The shotgun blast and reload sounds are so chunky and satisfying. Is there any other game where the shotgun is so good? haha

I can't get the Rayman legends demo to work, it just crashed 2 seconds after I start it... I verified the game cash and it showed that almost all files were corrupted and had to be redownloaded. I did that but it still crashed and the files are corrupted again... I really hope it's just the demo and the full game will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom