• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
- The game has its BFG equivalent but there is no final boss, so don't make the same mistake I did and save the ammo, expecting to have something to waste it on
I think this should be added as a heads up at the very beginning of every game that does this. I hate it when I'm saving the ammo for a huge and hideous boss, only to finish the game and have it all left, or even worse, reaching a level where I lose all my weapons and stuff (won't name any games because I'd be spoiling them).

Cth

Picked up a $30 Visa gift card

- Sir You Are Being Hunted?
- Betrayer?
- Electronic Super Joy and Legend of Dungeon?
- Back Ghost Song on Kickstarter ($15)?

My order of preference:

Legend of Dungeon
Sir You Are Being Hunted
Betrayer (looks amazing, but is short and still in beta)
Ghost Song (already met 2x goal, no guarantee of Steam keys)

Oh another dumb thing about RAGE. It has some of the worst radial menus I've ever seen in a game, where you actually had a cursor pop out that you needed to click on your selection between things each time. Though I wouldn't have used it in the first place if it had a better HUD about telling me which weapons had which ammo types that I could swap between.

Just finished Binary Domain.

Pretty great shooter if you ask me, nice sections, good story (albeit a bit convoluted), and the shooting feels so damn rewarding;
shooting the toes of those robots holding shields and watching them crumble and collapse felt so real

ASilva

Neo Member
Just a warning for people in EU. If you're thinking about buying Saints Row IV from a US source (Amazon.com for example) the key wont work because of a regional lock... I'm down 50$ and i'm pretty sure amazon wont refund.
So... Anyone wants Saints Row IV? Something in return would be nice but it is not needed, the key is unusable by me anyway, my mistake unfortunately

Addnan

Just a warning for people in EU. If you're thinking about buying Saints Row IV from a US source (Amazon.com for example) the key wont work because of a regional lock... I'm down 50$ and i'm pretty sure amazon wont refund.
So... Anyone wants Saints Row IV? Something in return would be nice but it is not needed, the key is unusable by me anyway, my mistake unfortunately

Activate with VPN. Valve only seem to get angry when buying with VPN. Many of us have activated games with VPN and have not got into any trouble.

QP3

Bought my first game on Steam (Witcher) and am getting a "failed to contact key server"

How long is the typical wait or should I contact support?

Milchmann

Use a VPN to activate the game. The only version with a proper region lock seems to be the Russian/CIS version.

You should be able to activate it using a VPN. I know a few people on here who have used them to activate region locked games.

EDIT: Beaten twice.

Turfster

Sadly, Amazon covered their ass. "Only available to customers located in the United States." And yes, I know that's there on like, everyone game they sell, but they're covered. I had the luck that my US copy was bought through an intermediary that wanted the game for himself, so he paid me back, but yeah, I guess you weren't around for my rants.

Tellaerin

Bought my first game on Steam (Witcher) and am getting a "failed to contact key server"

How long is the typical wait or should I contact support?

They probably ran out of keys. It happens with stuff that's on sale sometimes. I'd say give it a day or two - probably shouldn't take much longer than that for them to get more.

Something strange just appeared on my steam library.

I have a new category called "<mybrothersid>'s games" and Arma 3 beta is on it for some reason.

Is Valve preparing to allow game sharing on the same PC?

Zeknurn

Something strange just appeared on my steam library.

I have a new category called "<mybrothersid>'s games" and Arma 3 beta is on it for some reason.

Is Valve preparing to allow game sharing on the same PC?

Maybe it's just showing that another account has the game installed on your PC and if you were to purchase it you wouldn't have to download it.

Maybe it's just showing that another account has the game installed on your PC and if you were to purchase it you wouldn't have to download it.

Yeah I think you're right. Signed up with another account and it showed up like this:

untitledzss2w.png

Planetside 2 even though it was installed on another account, since it's F2P, it shows up as playable, it didn't before.

Never noticed this before.

Probably the first steps for that feature too.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just beat Max Payne 3, had a blast. I'll play the harder difficulties in the future but, even though I really liked it, I won't bother to 100% this one since so many of the achievements are multiplayer related garbage.

I think I'll jump back into Last Remnant after this, I kind of forgot about it while doing sidequests before moving on in
the Aqueducts

Grief.exe

I love Skullgirls and I need more fighters. I might pick up a copy of Blazblue, any idea how it plays?

Is that the GFWL version? I believe people were saying that it wasn't a complete game.

Someone who knows more about fighting games might be able to provide more information.

OMFG. Just finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution two years after I bought it. This just surpassed Bioschock Infinite as the best game I have played in 2013. This game is the reason I play videogames. Eidos nailed it, everything. Wow!

The attention to detail is unbelievable. There were some parts of the environment where I couldn't believe they had gone to such extremes to get such small details on the environment. I spent hours and hours on the hacking mini-games and exploring every single corner.

I really hope Eidos has a sequel in the making. This franchise deserves another awesome game by Eidos Montreal.

Omega

Banned
I love Skullgirls and I need more fighters. I might pick up a copy of Blazblue, any idea how it plays?

last I heard, you should avoid it like the plague.

It was supposed to be a really bad port. The community would be beyond dead at this point as well unless you only plan on playing single player

OMFG. Just finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution two years after I bought it. This just surpassed Bioschock Infinite as the best game I have played in 2013. This game is the reason I play videogames. Eidos nailed it, everything. Wow!

The attention to detail is unbelievable. There were some parts of the environment where I couldn't believe they had gone to such extremes to get such small details on the environment. I spent hours and hours on the hacking mini-games and exploring every single corner.

I really hope Eidos has a sequel in the making. This franchise deserves another awesome game by Eidos Montreal.
Square Enix is pushing the "online experience ", I hope they don't.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

This sounds great. I heard it wasn't as good as the first one, but I'd be happy with it being just close. Need to go through Invisible Touch War so I can play it.

jediyoshi

I had to double check to make sure the Director's Cut wasn't out yet. I don't recall a single redeemable boss battle in the game, I still shudder thinking about it.

This sounds great. I heard it wasn't as good as the first one, but I'd be happy with it being just close. Need to go through Invisible Touch War so I can play it.

Don't do it. Invisible War was an average game when it was released. By today's standards it's a really bad game since it was one of those game that relied on tech for much of it's success back in the day. Forget that game was ever released and skip right into Human Revolution.

I had to double check to make sure the Director's Cut wasn't out yet. I don't recall a single redeemable boss battle in the game, I still shudder thinking about it.

Yes, I agree, the boss battles were by far the worst part of the game. But they were such a small part of the whole game that they didn't bother me as much as I was expecting. It helped that I carried a lot of heavy weapons with me at all times and that I completed a lot all the side-quests so my character was always more than prepared to face the bosses.

kafiend

Playing Deus Ex HR made me want to kiss the world. The bosses made me want to kill the world. Whoever thought they were a good idea should never have a job again in "games".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom